PDA

View Full Version : Tesco money off vouchers/coupons through door

edayhouse
26-Oct-07, 12:47
Hello All

Just wondering.....before Tescos opened in Wick lots of people were talking about getting a voucher through there door for £10 or £15 or something and then again a couple of weeks ago i heard folk speaking about getting money off vouchers through door - spend £50 get £10 off etc...where are my vouchers???
I own a Clubcard - use Tescos everymonth for a large month but get no money off gimics??

Have you guys ever had any? When i phoned Tesco customer services they said it is the luck of the draw and they are given out on a random basis - not sure if this is true..?

Thanks for reading my long post!

johno
26-Oct-07, 12:52
yes i can recall Mrs Johno getting them, think it was a promotional thing though, just before tesco opened. Never heard of anything since,
i suppose if they say it,s the luck of the draw ,then that,s it i guess, :~(

Shabbychic
26-Oct-07, 12:53
I have had a couple of money off offers sent to me by email with a code to use when online shopping. I bought a couple of items from Tesco.com in the past and now I get regular emails from them.

I have never had anything through the door.

floyed
26-Oct-07, 12:53
I do my shopping online alot and i get loads of codes sent to me by email for money off my shopping if i spend so much and for extra club card points when i do a shop. I have never gotten them through the post tho:D

Angela
26-Oct-07, 12:56
edayhouse, you can also find vouchers for Tesco and other companies online here
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/)

Another Orger recommended this site a while ago and all my family (me included) now use it all the time. :)

kitty
26-Oct-07, 14:39
I got vouchers through the door about a month ago. £10 off once you've spent £30. One for each week of october

NLP
26-Oct-07, 14:49
I got mine by post used the last one just today, I know a lot of folk never got any, maybe next time

2051donna
26-Oct-07, 15:07
I used hotukdeals.com got codes every week never really had to pay for delivery.. There been a code when every week in Oct you get £10 off your shopping so i used the code, was accepted then after my shopping was delivered i noticed it wasnt on the receipt.. This was last wed + im still fighting to get it back.. Whereas i know people who used this exact code + for the £10 off...

nanoo
26-Oct-07, 15:13
Yes Kitty and NLP, I got vouchers for the month of October as well. Have used three and the fourth i will use tomorrow. Like you said it's spend 30.00 or more and get 10.00 off. I do shop at Tescos anyway but don't have a clubcard. I assumed they got the name and address from the voters roll.;)

hotrod4
26-Oct-07, 15:22
The £10.00 off of £30.00 shopping is sent out by a direct marketing firm and doesnt come from tesco themselves.They pay a company to pick people at random.
My wife has a clubcard, I dont but i got the £10.00 off vouchers!!!, was well impressed with that got one up on her ;)

connieb19
26-Oct-07, 16:31
I've ever had any vouchers from them.

telfordstar
26-Oct-07, 17:37
I got vouchers through the door about a month ago. £10 off once you've spent £30. One for each week of october

Yes thas the ones i got as well came in handy thats for sure:D

scorrie
26-Oct-07, 22:57
May well be random but I have found that those who use the place a lot don't tend to get vouchers, whilst those who rarely shop there DO get them. That would make sense as a marketing ploy because there is little point in offering incentives to your regulars but you might stimulate more long-term business via a money-off coupon to those who do not visit much. To quote the TV ad:- "Brand new customers only!!"

I got four £10 vouchers and promptly gave them away as I don't shop in Tescos.

bobsgirl
26-Oct-07, 23:33
I have never recieved vouchers for Tesco, I come from a big family and as far as I know, only my dad and grandmother-in-law has ever recieved these vouchers.
My GM-I-L has only shopped in the place once and hated it, too big for her to walk around. She doesn't even have a tesco card or registered for one!!
I dont understand how they send these things out.

Foxy
26-Oct-07, 23:33
My mother in law got vouchers in the post they were for £12 off if she spent £60. She very rarely shops in tesco's and never spends that much so she kindly gave them to me. :)