PDA

View Full Version : Woolworths in Thurso.

loganbiffy
26-Oct-07, 12:45
Went to woolies this morning to pick up a new game and told the lorry hadn't arrived yet.
off i went for a coffee and such the like and went back at 11:15am to be told to come back in half an hour as they hadn't unpacked the boxes.
went back at midday and they dont have their games in, said they never got them delivered but had the cases on the shelves!

Anybody who manages to get Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 from woolies today, well done!!

huh
26-Oct-07, 13:01
I remember once attempting to buy a DVD in there. The first thing you saw when you walked in was about 20 cases of this DVD, I took one to the counter "out of stock" was the reply I got. Good marketing there guys.

balto
26-Oct-07, 18:32
loganbiffy you just werent served by the right person haha some of us care for our customers.

moncur
26-Oct-07, 19:00
loganbiffy you just werent served by the right person haha some of us care for our customers.

very mature. it doesnt matter who he gets served by, if there are 20 pro evo cases on the shelf, there should be 20 pro evo games in the drawer behind the counter. simple really. common sense would be that when they get them in stock they should put the cds in the drawer before sticking the box on the shelf. im not much of a gamer but i can sympathise.

JammyDodger69
26-Oct-07, 19:05
Ah dude that happened to me with Bioshock, went in at 9 was told they hadnt had the deliverys yet, then went back at 10:30 and was told the game was there all along, they just hadnt unpacked em.

Nip thro to Tesco's and get it mate.

Douglas Cowie
26-Oct-07, 20:41
Nip thro to Tesco's and get it mate.[/quote]

Don't waste your time they don't have it, Woolies in Wick do have it though

rangers1873
26-Oct-07, 21:33
if it for the ps2 you can get it for £26.89 free p&p from sendit.com ,quick delivery, or if it for the xbox 360 goto powerplaydirect.com they have it for under £35.00 free p&p

Rheghead
26-Oct-07, 21:42
In the old zxspectrum days, the shopkeeper took out the cassette from the case and put it for safekeeping until a customer came to buy with the case in hand. This made sure that whatever was on display, was in stock. Is that too logical for today's shops?:confused

Bobinovich
26-Oct-07, 22:14
Ah them were the days Rheg - now that was a REAL console LOL!

concerned resident
27-Oct-07, 08:53
Have always found a better selection of goods for sale in Wick Woolworths, just this week found an item i wanted, in Wick, not available in Thurso.
Thurso's attitude has always been, if its not on the shelf, we havent got it.

slinky
27-Oct-07, 11:00
i bought pes 2008 for ps2 at 5pm last night in woolworths for 24 90 something great game :)

balto
27-Oct-07, 11:48
Have always found a better selection of goods for sale in Wick Woolworths, just this week found an item i wanted, in Wick, not available in Thurso.
this is not the case for all the staff in woolies so please dont tar us all with the same brush thankyou

changilass
27-Oct-07, 12:41
Whenever I have gone into Woolies in Thurso for anything, the staff have been more than willing to go check the stockroom for goods if they wern't on the shelves. They have also reordered things for me and phoned when they arrived.

Maybe I just simled and asked nicer.

I enjoy shopping in Woolies as the staff are always very friendly and helpful.

loganbiffy
28-Oct-07, 21:40
The staff usually are fine but 3 (that's THREE) different members of staff i asked 3 different times of the day and they said "the lorry aint in yet, come back later"
"We havent unpacked the boxes yet" even though they were right behind the counter then she said you will be lucky to get a copy anyway but didnt even ask what format i wanted it on?!?

then 3rd time i went in what was said was "We didnt get our games in but we can order it for you"

I went thru to wick to get it and when i arrived there my mate phoned me from woolies in thurso telling me he just got it and they had more! so i got him to grab me a copy as tesco didnt have it.

All this carry on after i went in the day be4 and asked to reserve a copy and was told "Its fine there should be plenty" lol.

highlander4
29-Oct-07, 11:18
I have always found the staff in thurso very helpful but you can get a better selection from wick.

Whatever you do though do not order anything online from woolies. I ordered a sensor bar for my wii and it was out of stock. They said that i would receive it in 2 weeks. After waiting a month and hearing nothing from them at all i eventually phoned them and cancelled the order

burstbucker
29-Oct-07, 13:08
PES 08 for Playstation 2 is £22.85 in Tesco Wick.

BRIE
29-Oct-07, 13:57
i buy the kids games from play.com usually cheaper than anywhere else:D

loganbiffy
29-Oct-07, 14:03
i buy the kids games from play.com usually cheaper than anywhere else:D

Yeah good choice of website BRIE, i usually alwasy use play.com for my games and dvd's.
Or game.couk when you get a special code to get £5 off anything over £30!

Spirit
29-Oct-07, 18:04

I agree that Wick usually have a better selection/more of a particular size in stock but I've always found the staff helpful in Thurso. A few weeks ago I seen leap-pad games for sale cheap on-line but couldn't see any on the shelf. I asked and the girl went upstairs, unpacked a whole pile for me to look through.

poppett
29-Oct-07, 19:52
Was in on Saturday for paint trays and rollers. Only one on shelf, needed four. Checkout girl checked stock....should have 32 she said and sent someone to fetch some. Very helpful, but trying to buy tights there is a nightmare......stock in on Thursday afternoon, none left by Friday morning.

rhino
30-Oct-07, 11:32
is the tall ginger hair manager still in the thurso woolworths?

Ash
30-Oct-07, 11:40
is the tall ginger hair manager still in the thurso woolworths?

no he in homebase in wick i think:confused

balto
30-Oct-07, 18:51
no he isnt in homebase he is the manager of pets at home in wick they pinched him of us, sylvia macdonald in now manager of woolies

rhino
30-Oct-07, 19:13
they drew the shorter straw more like![lol]

neepnipper
30-Oct-07, 22:55
Please explain yourself Rhino, do you mean Pets at Home drew the short straw or Woolies?

telfordstar
31-Oct-07, 13:47
no he isnt in homebase he is the manager of pets at home in wick they pinched him of us, sylvia macdonald in now manager of woolies

not sure what like a manager he was for wollies but hes really good in pets at home knows alot about fish thats for sure helped us out alot when we started out with our tropical fish after we had a few hiccups a great guy.

balto
31-Oct-07, 22:26
not sure what like a manager he was for wollies but hes really good in pets at home knows alot about fish thats for sure helped us out alot when we started out with our tropical fish after we had a few hiccups a great guy.
aye james was a really good boss when he was in woolies he knew all his stuff when he was with us, shame he left us but there you go.

Woolie
05-Nov-07, 22:43
no he in homebase in wick i think:confused
no he is in pets at home .

Ash
05-Nov-07, 23:10
no he is in pets at home .

someone already corrected me

but thanks :D

knew it was one or the other:lol: