PDA

View Full Version : Save Ewan our Reality Driver

Lavenderblue2
26-Oct-07, 10:42
If you live in the area between Halkirk up to Armadale and down as far as Kinbrace you may well have had a delivery by Ewan the Reality driver.

Ewan who is deaf, is a very friendly, dog loving delivery man. A short while ago he was involved in an RTA in this area - when rather than go off the road and down an embankment he struck the parapet of a bridge.
Now Ewan’s employers are threatening to take him off this round and he is devastated, he enjoys his work in this area so very much, he has made many friends. He feels that if he is removed from his round he will leave the company.

Ewan is such a pleasant guy – much friendlier than some delivery drivers I could think of… I believe that there is also a hard copy petition on the go up in the Melvich area such is his popularity.

If you know Ewan and would like to help with this appeal please submit a reply on this thread.

LB

anneoctober
28-Oct-07, 00:58
Ewan is definately the best delivery guy we've had. As LB says, he's friendly and good natured. He tells me he likes it so much up here that he's been thinking of moving to the area. I can think of at least five other "drivers" who could learn loads from Ewan's gentle manner. I think it's time that Reality took a reality check ![disgust]

DeHaviLand
28-Oct-07, 01:16
I only know him in that we exchange waves 5 days a week, but you can add my support

bluelady
28-Oct-07, 10:45
If e quality of his service is that good, then he should be kept on, he is good PR for the company. leave him be.

EWOK
28-Oct-07, 12:11
He has delivered items to us and was very pleasant. Even when our puppy was jumping all over him he gave her some attention and a dog treat. How many couriers will spare a moment for that in their rush?

WeeBurd
28-Oct-07, 13:03
I agree, he's a lovely chap. I always look forward to him pulling up outside, as he's the fine gentleman who delivers my TopShop on-line goodies - he really doesn't know how important that makes him to me! [lol]

quirbal
28-Oct-07, 15:14
I don't know him, but the more support the better I suppose.

Ash
28-Oct-07, 15:21
does he have a white beard and wear glasses

DeHaviLand
28-Oct-07, 15:28
does he have a white beard and wear glasses

You may be thinking of Santa Claus ;)

Ash
28-Oct-07, 15:31
You may be thinking of Santa Claus ;)

haha i know sounds like it:Razz

highlander4
29-Oct-07, 11:24
No Ash he doesn't have a white beard that's the other man that delivers catalouge stuff for millers in wick.

I have to agree though he is a nice man and think it would be a shame for them to remove him from his run

mccaugm
29-Oct-07, 12:58
I do not know him but you have my support. Good luck with the campaign.

Maybe his employers need a "reality Check!"

anneoctober
30-Oct-07, 22:24
We have a petition that can be signed to help Euan, in the garage at Shebster. There's one up Melvich way also. :)

Lavenderblue2
15-Nov-07, 09:10
Thank you all who have signed the petition for Euan, there are now over 200 signatures!! :)
If you have met Euan at anytime and would like to sign this petition to save the job he loves and is so good at, you can sign as Anneoctober says, at the garage at Shebster or at the shop in Reay. There are also several 'roving' petitons.
If you are unable to get to any of these forms please reply to this thread.

Many thanks.

LB

grandma
15-Nov-07, 11:06
Don't know Euan but good delivery drivers are hard to come by. Don't blame you for wanting to hang on to yours especially as he seems to enjoy his work so much. You have my support and Good Luck

Lavenderblue2
15-Nov-07, 17:29
Thank you grandma :)

LB

Anne x
15-Nov-07, 17:32
Thank you all who have signed the petition for Euan, there are now over 200 signatures!! :)
If you have met Euan at anytime and would like to sign this petition to save the job he loves and is so good at, you can sign as Anneoctober says, at the garage at Shebster or at the shop in Reay. There are also several 'roving' petitons.
If you are unable to get to any of these forms please reply to this thread.

Many thanks.

LB

good luck hope you suceed

xx_chickie
15-Nov-07, 20:21
I don't know him, but good luck with the campaign!

Carol Robinson
15-Nov-07, 20:36
He's always a very pleasant guy! Deserves to keep his job! I've signed the petition for him to keep his job. Keep up the good work Euan!

poppett
16-Nov-07, 09:59
Can`t get out to sign the petition, but want to lend my support. Good delivery drivers are hard to come by and the "Reality" team, in my opinion are "Simply the best"...........Please let us save Ewan

doyle
16-Nov-07, 22:16
I have never had the pleasure of meeting Ewan yet. Will keep an eye out for his van and give him a toot! You have my support - Good luck!

shazzap
16-Nov-07, 22:28
I know i don't live in your part of the country, but give my support

karia
16-Nov-07, 22:41
I think this is a brilliant example of community power and wish you all success!

How does Ewan feel about everything?

It must be a very uncertain time for him right now!:(

karia

Lavenderblue2
16-Nov-07, 22:49
I am sure Euan won't mind me telling you that he has been very touched by all of the support he is receiving.
He said that he feels he has gained an extended family up here in the North and really hopes that he will be able to stay in his job - and so say all of us!!

LB

karia
16-Nov-07, 23:00
I am sure Euan won't mind me telling you that he has been very touched by all of the support he is receiving.
He said that he feels he has gained an extended family up here in the North and really hopes that he will be able to stay in his job - and so say all of us!!

LB

That's grand Lavenderblue.

If friends are powerful then Euan is nigh on invincible!:)

Karia

VOYAGE
17-Nov-07, 11:32
I met Euan for the first time this morning. Usually i am at work and he leaves my deliveries with the next door neighbour. What a great bloke. Really polite, good laugh and even asked me out!!! He's a great asset to this firm.

Shabbychic
17-Nov-07, 15:37
I don't know Ewan, but there are too few good delivery men out there. I cannot get to a petition but I support him wholeheartedly.

Good luck Ewan.

Blazing Sporrans
17-Nov-07, 15:45
I don't know Ewan, however the first time I saw him wave I assumed he'd mistaken me for someone else, but it seems that he waves to all those he sees regularly on the road. In this day and age, when 'white van man' is a speeding, tailgating, roadraging danger, people like Ewan are a refreshing change. Let's hope his employers see the error of their ways.

robglysen
18-Nov-07, 14:06
I was delivery driver for 5 years for said company and its very hard work let me tell you! Hope it works out for the lad.

Lavenderblue2
26-Nov-07, 10:37
Just to say, only a few more weeks of the petition before it will be sent to Reality/Home Deliveries so if you haven't signed yet do try and either get to a form of reply to this thread.
It appears that some folk have been writing directly to the compnay and Euan is so grateful for all the tremendous support and would like to offer his thanks.

LB

Torvaig
26-Nov-07, 10:46
Good luck to Euan; he seems to be very popular in this day and age of folks being too busy to be pleasant. Must come naturally to Euan!

babybunt
26-Nov-07, 12:35
I dont know him myself but he deliverys my 'hundreds' :lol: of clubby parcels to my dads address as hes alway in the house and my dad thinks he is the best, so friendly and efficient, really hope he doesna lose his job!!!!!

Liz
26-Nov-07, 14:54
I don't know Ewan but he sounds like a really nice person who is good at his job and very popular.

So let him stay!!!!!!!!

anneoctober
03-Dec-07, 19:53
Just bumping Euan back to top of the pile ! We still have space for 4 more signatures at the Shebster Garage, please sign and let us keep Euan forever !! [lol]

biggles
03-Dec-07, 21:34
Hubby an me both support Euan,we were tired of drivers,literally throwing parcels in our door or thrusting into our hands,we werent going to get anything else delivered until a long came Euan lovely fellow.We ve signed the hard copy and as we dont have computer its been a job posting this.Its not just dogs that get treats,our 6yr old grandson who can just write his name,has to sign for the lolly that magically appears from Euans pocket. lets not lose a guy that cares.:Razz

chelle1
03-Dec-07, 23:14
Euan has my full support, he is such a great delivery driver. Euan you had no need to be grateful for the support you are getting you have earned it. I would be so lost without him as my delivery man, I can trust him 100%. My wee girls run to the door when they think it is him, he is so friendly to everyone he meets. When Euan was on holiday I was at the end of my tether with the people that were delivering my parcels, they were leaving them outside in the pissing rain, at least when Euan is delivering my parcels I can trust he will leave them with my mother in law. It is always a pleasure to open the door to Euan, you always know you will see a happy face. Good luck Euan:Razz

anneoctober
04-Dec-07, 23:38
Bumping Euan back to top ( where he should be!) Have now 3 spaces left for signatures at Shebster garage. :lol:;)

Lavenderblue2
05-Dec-07, 21:56
Anne, I was delighted to read how well you have done with your petition - Euan will be delighted when he sees all the added comments to this thread. Surely he employers will realise just how valued he is in this area - at least I hope so.

LB

wifie
05-Dec-07, 22:26
This is such a heart warming thread - lovely to read. Euan is obviously one in a million and I would like to wish him all the best and hope he keeps his delivery route!

anneoctober
06-Dec-07, 00:41
Anne, I was delighted to read how well you have done with your petition - Euan will be delighted when he sees all the added comments to this thread. Surely he employers will realise just how valued he is in this area - at least I hope so.

LB
Great news LB ! We'll have to turn the page over & use the back of the petition now, had lady in today - said her hubby would be home from offshore tomorrow and he'll be in on Friday to sign ! Euan does not have access to the internet unless a friend ( he delivers to) is at home and shows him this thread. He is touched by the comments that he's read to date. Have had a few folk from Thurso & Up West in to sign also..............WOOHOO........:lol:

Amowat
06-Dec-07, 19:37
Yep, support Ewan. He`s a good delivery driver and doesn`t deserve this hassle. Have his bosses ever driven on our single track roads?

emszxr
06-Dec-07, 20:21
i think but dont count me the boss now, used to quite a few years ago do the fort william run.

nannydip
06-Dec-07, 20:33
Well done anneoctober:D You were always one for a good cause and fighting injustice!

karia
06-Dec-07, 20:39
If Reality don't Beg Euan to stay on then they are well lacking in business savvy as well as basic humanity..he is one of their greatest assets!:roll:

I wish he delivered down my way!:(

Well done to all for standing up to be counted.. here's hoping Euan has a fantastic Christmas and is returned to you all permanently early in the year!

Karia

anneoctober
06-Dec-07, 20:48
Well done anneoctober.You were always one for a good cause and fighting injustice!
Thank you nannydip, but lots of others have helped & supported Euan, I am a mere cog in the clock of life.......;) Well done to all who have helped with signatures and postings and indeed to those who sounded the rally charge in the first instance. :) xx

Dusty
06-Dec-07, 21:12
Hope my support for Euan helps although I'm not in the area.
Good on you all for sticking up for him.
His firm should sit up and take notice of the level of support this guy has from his customers/friends.

dizey39
07-Dec-07, 00:19
Hi,

I haven't met Euan myself, but my mum knows him well for delivering to her home. She thinks that he is very friendly,and good at his job so that is good enough for me. Save Euan I say, a few other drivers could take a leaf out of his book for friendliness and politeness.

Dizey:D

Tilter
07-Dec-07, 01:14
I don't know Ewan, but from what you say I wish he was our delivery man. (We have the misfortune to have a Halkirk address and live 5 miles from Halkirk - it usually takes couriers several days of driving up and down from Inverness to find us - and I don't know why they never have GPS thingies or ask at the Post Office).

I hope Ewan keeps his job.

rowan
07-Dec-07, 07:10
i think ewan is one of the best delivley drivers we have, always has a smile and is great with the dogs, and we have a lot of deliverys ever day, good luck :D

emszxr
07-Dec-07, 10:20
I don't know Ewan, but from what you say I wish he was our delivery man. (We have the misfortune to have a Halkirk address and live 5 miles from Halkirk - it usually takes couriers several days of driving up and down from Inverness to find us - and I don't know why they never have GPS thingies or ask at the Post Office).

I hope Ewan keeps his job.

when i used to deliver, somehow i always used to be in halkirk when the post office was closed for lunch.

biggles
07-Dec-07, 20:13
hi there again back on the computer,we are thrilled by the support that euans getting,seems that although we are a spread out and large comunity from many walks of life we can pull together in such a way like this an support an asset to the area,surely that is what he is to us all? had him round just the other day and the familiar toot toot of his horn as he pulled up and craftily put our parcels into the shed so as the grandkids didnt see them(xmas presents) then come to the door,mmm makes u think. you sometimes dont appriciate what you have till you loose it. lets get petitions full so we dont loose him.Have you ever noticed what written on his jacket?? PUTTING THE CUSTOMER 1st. lets hope they do.:D

poppett
10-Dec-07, 15:56
What is the latest news on Ewan? There seems to have been big changes with the Reality drivers recently, they no longer deliver to me and the chaps who do dump parcels anywhere they can, and complaining to them is like talking to a brick wall.

crashbandicoot1979
11-Dec-07, 14:19
This is the first time I've come across this thread. I don't know Euan but if its not too late I'd like to offer my support. He sounds like a really nice guy and its not often we come across the level of service he seems to be offering.

He'll be sorely missed if he goes, I wish him all the best.

the boss
11-Dec-07, 21:08
Their moto is customer first.... what about employees? Euan is the dog's nachos. Come on Caithness/Sutherland show your support!:lol:

biggles
12-Dec-07, 13:03
had euan round,although trying to hide it looked rather subdued. we think this is a terrible shame and are livid[evil][evil] it appears he may hear this week if hes going to remain amoung us,which we sincerly hope he does.there must be folks out there who havent signed or posted that are lucky to be visited by euan,so please do so asap,dont let us loose out because of an injustice by a company that says it puts customers first.

Lavenderblue2
12-Dec-07, 15:33
Yes poor Euan, I received a text message from him yesterday saying that he is very worried indeed as Friday is decision day.
Why on earth are they putting him through all this worry when he is second to none at his job. :confused

Get posting.

LB

anneoctober
12-Dec-07, 19:17
I do n't like the sound of this CP & LB. Euan popped his head round the door this am, but I was on the 'phone, so he gave me a wave & left. I hope this is n't a foregone conclusion......[disgust]

biggles
12-Dec-07, 21:44
Well lb an ao i guess its now really in the hands of euan management,wouldnt like to think they can just disregard such a large community an its feelings!!!!! could they??? Wouldnt know how to go about it,havent got the it skills,has anyone tried to get our feelings over to his head office or wouldnt it make an interesting story in our paper. He gives such a great service.:~(

connieb19
12-Dec-07, 21:52
You could try kidnapping him and holding him for ransom until they say his job is safe. :eek:

biggles
12-Dec-07, 21:58
Great Idea Connie19 You Can Use Our Barn!!!!!!

karia
12-Dec-07, 22:11
At the end of the day you can only show the strength of feeling by boycotting the firm and telling them why!

karia

the boss
12-Dec-07, 23:05
A letter has been sent to the Inverness Office to-day telling them about petition and message board hits. Reminding them of their motto (Customer 1st) Hope THEY get the message.

poppett
13-Dec-07, 15:26
Hope the letter has the desired effect.

Lavenderblue2
14-Dec-07, 09:23
I have just received this text message from Euan:-

It is with a sad heart I must say that all of everyones efforts have been in vain, they've taken me away as of January.

I am so sorry for him - I hope he doesn't give up his job - I told him that other communities will warm to him the same as we did in Caithness.

Thank you all for your support, I know it made a huge impact on Euan but unfortunately not his employers.

LB :(

wifie
14-Dec-07, 10:24
Aaaaw that just stinks - poor guy! Poor you peeps too - having to lose out on someone so good! Any chance of an appeal?

emszxr
14-Dec-07, 12:02
why did they take so long to decide.
i used to work for this company and i not too sure what the procedure was for bad crashes with tehir vehicles, but for the odd wee bump, you had to fill in a report and get a little talking to. but for them to take so long is not on.

so has he just been taken off his run and will be put on other runs. when you first start there or it was when i worked there. you covered runs that the main driver was on holiday or you covered runs that were really busy. so every day you dont know where you are going to be and trying to find houses you have no idea where they are. which id very stressful.

floyed
14-Dec-07, 12:38
you can add my support to:D

karia
14-Dec-07, 12:43
So much for customer first and festive spirit!:(

Karia

anneoctober
14-Dec-07, 14:55
[quote=Lavenderblue2;310466]I have just received this text message from Euan:-

It is with a sad heart I must say that all of everyones efforts have been in vain, they've taken me away as of January.

I am so sorry for him - I hope he doesn't give up his job - I told him that other communities will warm to him the same as we did in Caithness.

Thank you all for your support, I know it made a huge impact on Euan but unfortunately not his employers.

LB /quote]
Poor Euan, he was SO down yesterday, not his usual self at all. I can't believe that these numpties can't see further than the end of their noses [evil] You could trust Euan with your life, I had hoped that the support he received would have had a huge impact on "REALITY". Obviously we're not living in the "REAL" world. ASSES the lot of them!
Thank you to everyone who supported Euan and to those who started the campaign , if nothing else at least we can say we have a community spirit if not a reciprocated festive one:confused

Lavenderblue2
14-Dec-07, 18:17
In another text message Euan asks me to post:

I am totally broken but despite how I am feeling the one consolation is that my friends up North will be well looked after and shown the respect they deserve by my successor, a man of the highest integrity - you couldn’t get a better replacement driver. I will cherish the many friendships I have made up here.

What a great guy – we’ll all miss him very much - I can't believe this has happened.

LB

karia
14-Dec-07, 18:44
Isn't that just like Euan to give a glowing endorsement to his successor and ease his way into filling some very big shoes indeed!

I don't know Euan but I am humbled by his generosity of spirit.. as we all should be.

Karia

biggles
16-Dec-07, 21:00
:~(ITS A SAD SAD DAY. Yes just like euan to try ease the anger, well hubby an me dont care if the new driver is jesus come back,it will be a cold cold day in hell before anyone from that company steps foot on our croft again. some may say that we are being petty but after the way euan confirmed to us there is real desent folk who do a job they care about and still have humility. OUR LOVE AND BEST WISHES go to euan and wherever he goes are damn lucky to have him,he hasnt been to us since lb posted the news,but if we hope to see him before he goes,our door is always open to him. SO MUCH FOR CUSTOMERS FIRST!!! BAD BAD.:~(

Lavenderblue2
04-Jan-08, 13:58
I just spoke to Euan by text - this is his last day :(

I was expecting an M&S parcel today but he hasn't got it on his van so sadly I won't be seeing him.

This will be a highly emotional day for him and I am sure you'll all join me in wishing him all the very best for the future.

If you see him in his van give him a toot and if you see him in person give him a pat on the back.

Good luck Euan from Lavenderblue

Geo
05-Jan-08, 01:10
Get e groat on the case.