PDA

View Full Version : We Lost Our Chinnie Today

Gizmo
25-Oct-07, 17:50
We had to have our only Chinchilla put to sleep today, little Chilli was only 5 years old, she was a brilliant Chinnie and gave our family loads of happy times, we are just devastated that she's gone.

We lost her to that dreaded Chinchilla dental disease Malocclusion, we lost her daughter Pip 3 years ago to the same thing, the only comfort we have is that little Chilli is no longer in pain.

R.I.P Little Chilli

connieb19
25-Oct-07, 18:08
Aww Gizmo, I'm sorry to hear about Chilli :(

Liz
25-Oct-07, 19:38
My sincere condolences on your loss.

The death of a much loved pet is truly awful.:(

millie428
25-Oct-07, 22:11
so sorry to hear about chilli, i had to have my chinchilla poppy put to sleep a last month with the same dental problem and its heartbreaking

luskentyre
25-Oct-07, 22:47
I'm really sorry to hear about wee Chilli. She was obviously much-loved and you should take some consolation that you made her life a brilliant one.

justine
26-Oct-07, 14:02
i am sorry to hear of the loss of chilli.I dread it happening to my three little fur balls.Do you think you will get another....

cuddlepop
26-Oct-07, 15:34
So sorry to hear of your loss.
At least now there in no more pain.

Gizmo
26-Oct-07, 20:52
Hi, thanks to everyone who posted their condolences, we miss her so much, i have put her cage out to the shed but everytime i went into the shed today i kept expecting to see her big pink ears and twitchy nose looking for a raisin, she loved her raisins, it's just a horrible feeling seeing her empty cage :(

Giz

Gizmo
26-Oct-07, 21:08
Do you think you will get another....

Mmmm...we're not sure yet, i'd love to have a couple more Chins but my missus isnt so sure, she's just afraid of losing them to Malocclusion, Chilli & Pip were our first Chinchillas, we didnt get them from a proper breeder, they came from the Pultenny Town Nursery up in Oldwick Road so we had no way of knowing if they came from a good bloodline (something we new nothing about when we got them), and unfortunately both of them have had to be put to sleep because of Malocclusion, we know the chances of Chins suffering Malocclusion are less if they are bred well but Mrs Gizmo is just not sure about taking the chance just now.

We are still left with 4 Cats & 3 Rabbits to care for....but i really loved having Chinchillas....time will tell i guess.

Giz