PDA

View Full Version : Rising reputation :)

xx_chickie
25-Oct-07, 12:41
Hi everyone! Do you know how many good 'reps' we have to have until we get another bar? Thanks! :D

Ricco
25-Oct-07, 13:22
don't know for sure but do take a look at Rheghead's to get some idea. ;)

Rheghead
25-Oct-07, 21:41
I think it is every 100 points for a green square and every 100 points after 50 points for a new pop-up message.

Anyway, I think I have maxed-out on the available green squares and I stopped getting new green squares after 1000 points, I am on 1370 points now, of which I am very flattered to receive, by the way. The wee complimentary messages have been a great pleasure to read, thank you to all who have repped me!(good or bad, but mostly for the good rep obviously):Razz.

Is it time for the reputation to be reset back to zero in the new year perhaps? We have a lot of new members now and I think it would be nice to start over again.

Shall I run a poll on it?:D

xx_chickie
30-Oct-07, 14:56
Haha, Rheghead you certainly seem to be popular! Thanks for the help, and yes run a poll! :)

unicorn
13-Nov-07, 13:17
why are some reputation given boxes grey when the user has their reputation level turned on? Is it because they don't have enough to give any out?

lazytown
13-Nov-07, 20:13
This is the info i found out from another forum that uses vbulletin.

The coloured boxes you see below avatars are part of a feature on the forums that allows you to rate members for their posts. Everyone starts off with 10 reputation points by default, and then other members can add to or subtract from your points by clicking the "scales" icon shown in your posts. To see how many points you have, and also any comments people have left, check your User CP. If you haven't had any ratings yet, nothing will be shown, but if you have you'll see icons like these:

Green Icon - This means you were given positive reputation and gained points.
Grey Icon - This means the rating had no effect on your points. It could have either been positive or negative.
Red Icon - This means you were given negative reputation and lost points.

Prior to making 50 posts you can only give out "Good Intentions Points" (the gray boxes) which are worth 0 but still appreciated. (I didn't name them that but I saw it somewhere and liked it.) After 50 posts you will be able to give at least the 1 point. How many you give depends on the rest of your numbers.

Maybe on here though it is when you become a .orger that you can give rep points....

unicorn
13-Nov-07, 21:42
Ah thanks for that lazytown it was a great help, have some good intention :D

xx_chickie
13-Nov-07, 21:43
Thanks lazytown, that's really helped :)

lazytown
13-Nov-07, 22:00
No probs,
I just did a google about it to see what I could find out..As I said I don't know what the admins have set the levels at on this site, but I presume the info I found is the default settings for vBulletin.

xx_chickie
14-Nov-07, 13:23
No probs,
I just did a google about it to see what I could find out..As I said I don't know what the admins have set the levels at on this site, but I presume the info I found is the default settings for vBulletin.

Ah, some initiative! Thanks for the trouble :)