PDA

View Full Version : John Miller and Janet Grant

lynn prow
25-Oct-07, 09:53
I have a William Miller born to John Miller and Janet Grant in Bower in 1795. Is anyone related to this pair. There is quite a bit of submitted information on igi naming John Millers parents as Donald Miller and Margaret Simpson.

Now I have found children for a John Miller and Janet Grant same area to include William, Clunas,Christen and George who married Elisabeth Mackinly. I have some death and census records.

Question is does anyone know this family? Are there 2 John Millers married to Janet Grants as this would mean two sons names William I have not discounted this family as I have other families with children and the same name.

Anyone who is connected or can offer any info would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,Lynn

Kingetter
25-Oct-07, 11:43
Is this 'your' William?

William Miller b 1795 Bower d 1880 Sarclet.
Father John Miller
Mother Janet-Jessie Grant
Married Elizabeth Miller (b 1796 Wick) 1818 Wick
Children:
Alexander 1825 (Sarclet)
William 1830 (Wick)
Janet 1832 (Sarclet)
Peter 1837 (Sarclet)
Jane 1840 (Wick)
James 1820 (Wick)

I have no connection to this family.

James.

lynn prow
26-Oct-07, 01:33
Yes that is my lot. William born Bower his father is John Miller and mother Janet Grant. I have found a Christine, Clunnes, George and William born to the above parents all around 1795 and trying to link them to my William Miller born 1795 Bower. On their death certificates they all give John Miller and Janet Grant as parents.

Have no proof to date and worried there may be two couples John Miller married to Janet Grant.

cheers,Lynn

Big Jean
06-Nov-07, 17:29
Hi Lynn,

This does seem to be a difficult one, and it looks like few answers here !

Like you, I have hit a brickwall, many in fact, but still have hopes in finding some new information .

Will be e-mailing you very soon, promise ! J.

lynn prow
08-Nov-07, 22:55
Hi Jean

Do you want me to send copies of the certificates for this family I have so far and it would be interesting to see what you can come up.

cheers, Lynn

Big Jean
09-Nov-07, 00:03
I would love it if you would send the copies of the certificates to me Lynn .

Who knows, we might come up with something yet . Have to live in hope right !!

Thanks. Jean