PDA

View Full Version : Weird Electrical thing?

Rheghead
25-Oct-07, 00:27
On my travels around the county, on a lonely road, I came across a strange contraption in a field which consisted of what looked like a canvas blanket which was attached to 2 very long car jump leads with crocodile connectors attached. The croc connectors were in turn attached to an overhead power line!:eek:

Any ideas?

dandod
25-Oct-07, 00:37
maybe someone was trying to jump start their electric blanket?

Fantoosh
25-Oct-07, 00:48
that is weird. Kind of freaked me out. I hate things like that, things i dont understand [lol]

maybe it was some sort of alien contraption. scary.

I hope someone tells us what it was soon, or i'm not going outside again.:lol:

Metalattakk
25-Oct-07, 03:15
Rheghead: Did the blanket contact with the ground? If it did, I may have an idea...

...Worm-charming!

Wily old fishermen, desperate for fresh, juicy worms, often devise ingenious methods to charm the worms out of the very ground. This may be such a method. Think about it.

The worm is attracted to the surface by the electrical pulses, much like they are attracted to the surface by rainfall. Once they reach the surface, they are easily scooped up - half stunned of course - into wee plastic tubs with airholes punched in the lids and a bed of moss at the bottom to toughen their skin (so their innards don't spill out all over the place when the hook goes in :lol:).

No really, it's true....you don't think I could make something like that up, do you? ;)

Rheghead
25-Oct-07, 06:20
Yeah, it was lying on the grass, oh, I forgot to mention that there was two wooden broom handles stitched into 2 opposite sides, like on a roll-up stretcher.

davem
25-Oct-07, 07:59
I would guess that they were grounding the lines having turned off the power in order to work on them.

johno
25-Oct-07, 09:14
Trust me ,Ive seen this appliance many times, always about this time of year,
Its a broom handle battery charger for witches to get jump starts from.
[any more questions for call my bluff]

changilass
25-Oct-07, 09:21
Johno!!! you wern't supposed to tell anyone, we are now gonna have to hold a coven meeting to see how you are to be dealt with.

grumpyhippo
25-Oct-07, 09:28
we are now gonna have to hold a coven meeting to see how you are to be dealt with.
Well at least I now know where my mother in law disappears to from time to time.:lol::lol:

Ricco
25-Oct-07, 09:32
Nope - Johno has got it wrong. I was spying on a couple of young witches and they were talking about being fed up with the old-fashioned broomsticks. Their decided to pimp their ride by powering up a modern version of the flying carpet. Kids being kids, though, they couldn't afford the splash on a fancy woven carpet and opted for a bit of tarp. Needs a long charging period of 12 hours to get the integral lepidoptera rana batteries to their maximum potential.

golach
25-Oct-07, 09:49
Johno!!! you wern't supposed to tell anyone, we are now gonna have to hold a coven meeting to see how you are to be dealt with.
And when I saw you stirring 'at cauldron at your last meeting Changi, I thought you were practicing making Tattie soup [lol]

Rheghead
25-Oct-07, 11:27
I thought it might have been a make-shift electrocution thing for killing livestock on the sly for a lightening insurance claim. But grounding cables sounds good even though there was no distribution van nearby.

johno
25-Oct-07, 17:04
im only available on dry Sunday,s in the middle of the 2nd week of any month with an x in it.. [lol]