PDA

View Full Version : Jericho

porshiepoo
24-Oct-07, 21:01
Anyone else watching this series?
What do you make of it? Is it just going to be another 'Lost'?

Is it Aliens?:eek:

dandod
24-Oct-07, 21:04
not seen the programe but playeda demo of the game for ps3 it was good. i should try and catch the programe sometime though.

porshiepoo
24-Oct-07, 21:06
not seen the programe but playeda demo of the game for ps3 it was good. i should try and catch the programe sometime though.

Not missing much!
It's much like Lost in that it's annoying cos nothing is made clear but you have to watch it anyway.

I'd love to know what the whole things supposed to be about, I hate waiting.
Anyone from over the pond seen it and know????????/

Just out of interest whats the game like? The series ain't that thrilling so how'd they keep you interested in a game?

dandod
24-Oct-07, 21:10
it was a good demo kept you interested but nothing new for the PS3. certainlt not a nextgen game. reminded me of alien.

MadMaz
24-Oct-07, 21:21
This is the second showing. It was first on Halmark channel 150. Second series should be starting soon.You need to watch all of the first one keeps you guessing. A modern day On the Beach by Nevile Shute.

porshiepoo
24-Oct-07, 21:27
This is the second showing. It was first on Halmark channel 150. Second series should be starting soon.You need to watch all of the first one keeps you guessing. A modern day On the Beach by Nevile Shute.

Good grief I don't think I can watch another series of it if we don't get answers in this one.
It's Lost all over again isn't it?

scorrie
29-Oct-07, 01:07
it was a good demo kept you interested but nothing new for the PS3. certainlt not a nextgen game. reminded me of alien.

Just for the record, I checked this game out, as it was not a series that I thought was big/famous enough to spawn spin-offs. Sure enough, the game is not related to the TV series in any way. The game is set in the Middle East, the TV series is set in the USA.

I thought Jericho was better than Lost. Far less nonsense and at least you get a reasonable sense of how things might turn if the sharn hits the expelair.

teddybear1873
29-Oct-07, 02:13
I downloaded the whole 22 episodes. Ive watched 19 and its a really good series. Alot of twists and turns in the programm. Going to watch the rest tomorrow

nanoo
29-Oct-07, 12:07
Sorry guys, this series has been cancelled on USA tv. My other half and a friend of his downloaded the episodes every week before we had it on our tv, when series 1 started on sky, they were watching series 3. when the appropriate time for restarting with series 4 came, they were dimayed to find that the American network that put it out had decided to cancel as the viewing figures in the states had dropped drastically. Unfortunately this happens often. How many of you are watching 'Vanished' you know, the one about the senators wife who gets kidnapped in the very first episode? I watched that myself, again downloaded off an American site. Guess what, yes, series 2 is all you will get to see. Again because of a fall in viewers in the states, there will be no series 3. :~(:confused

the charlatans
29-Oct-07, 19:04
my mum has watched all but the last one of the first series and really enjoyed it.
i've watched a bit of it on ITV4 but find the whole thing really depressing, nuclear wipeout of America, not a cheery subject.
it does have a few good twists and turns along the way she assures me but if there's no happy ending i don't really like it. I like closure on my films/programmes.
As for Lost, geez i wish they'd be Found and have done with it.

scorrie
29-Oct-07, 21:40
Sorry guys, this series has been cancelled on USA tv. My other half and a friend of his downloaded the episodes every week before we had it on our tv, when series 1 started on sky, they were watching series 3. when the appropriate time for restarting with series 4 came, they were dimayed to find that the American network that put it out had decided to cancel as the viewing figures in the states had dropped drastically. Unfortunately this happens often. How many of you are watching 'Vanished' you know, the one about the senators wife who gets kidnapped in the very first episode? I watched that myself, again downloaded off an American site. Guess what, yes, series 2 is all you will get to see. Again because of a fall in viewers in the states, there will be no series 3. :~(:confused

As far as I am aware, there has only been one series (22 episodes) CBS were going to cancel at that point but fan pressure led to the shooting of a second series (only 7 episodes) due to screen January 2008 (USA I presume)

Apparently, different endings have been shot and a decision will be made as to whether any more will follow. No doubt ratings figures will decide the fate. It seems that the show was up against American Idol in the schedules.

There is a link here to recent news:-

http://belowthebeltway.com/2007/10/05/carol-barbee-previews-jericho-season-2-and-what-might-follow/

nanoo
30-Oct-07, 13:33
Thanks for that information Scorrie, maybe you are right about the 22 episodes, i did'nt watch it and for sme reason thought the next one was 4. Never mind, thanks for the info about 7 new episodes, my other half and his friend will be well pleased about it because they both loved Jericho.;)

Shabbychic
30-Oct-07, 15:59
I started to watch this series on Hallmark, but I gave up on it. Like Lost, it was so drawn out I got to the stage I couldn't care less what happened to any of them.

George Brims
31-Oct-07, 01:20
How many of you are watching 'Vanished' you know, the one about the senators wife who gets kidnapped in the very first episode? I watched that myself, again downloaded off an American site. Guess what, yes, series 2 is all you will get to see. Again because of a fall in viewers in the states, there will be no series 3. :~(:confused
Actually I don't think that show was actually shown on TV for more than about 3 or 4 episodes! The rest must have already been recorded so they are being made available online. I am fed up of the US networks canning good shows because they aren't an instant hit. Viewer protest has saved some shows that then went on to become big hits. "Hill St Blues" and "Cagney and Lacey" were both cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons then brought back. Both of course went on for years after that. The only good thing is you can get the remaining episodes online nowadays. My son tells me that "The Black Donnellys" is available online like that. It was cancelled after half a season.