PDA

View Full Version : childhood hobbies

telfordstar
23-Oct-07, 18:50
Hi all
I have a 7 year old son and am looking for a club/hobbie for him to take up. I have suggested football but hes not interested. he is very interested in swimming but after calling up the swimming club it has a list longer than my arm. my son has a mild form of adhd and so would like to find him a hobbie/club that will not cause to much probs
Any ideas orgers?:D

mums angels
23-Oct-07, 21:07
My son goes to beavers and seems to really enjoy it , hes also starting kuk sool next week :)

anneoctober
25-Oct-07, 00:08
My son goes to beavers and seems to really enjoy it , hes also starting kuk sool next week :)
My 7 year old grandson already goes to Kuk Sul twice a week, keeps him fit, learns respect and manners in the class, can't be bad! It could have the advantage of tiring your active wee man out a bit too Telfordstar!!.....;)

anneoctober
25-Oct-07, 21:41
Miller Academy Gymn side door at car park. - mon/wed/fri @ 6pm. Costs £2 per session . first 2 lessons are free to see if wee man likes it. outfit £35 , Dillan goes 2 nights a week £16 per month. Hope this helps. Anne xx:)

mums angels
25-Oct-07, 21:45
outfit is £17.50 yearly membership is £22

telfordstar
25-Oct-07, 22:17
hi all thank you so much for your help with this topic in form of private messages and on here but unfortunatly for us we live in good old wick. Folk gurn like mad that thurso had not much to offer but by the clubs and hobbies that are readily avaliable up there its way better. you are all very lucky:D

connieb19
25-Oct-07, 22:21
The Kuk Sool is on in Wick too, In the Assembly Rooms, I'm sure it's a Tuesday and Thursday.

telfordstar
25-Oct-07, 22:24
The Kuk Sool is on in Wick too, In the Assembly Rooms, I'm sure it's a Tuesday and Thursday.

Thanks connieb19 might go past assembly rooms a look in the morn see if they have any information:D

Julia
25-Oct-07, 22:25
hi all thank you so much for your help with this topic in form of private messages and on here but unfortunatly for us we live in good old wick. Folk gurn like mad that thurso had not much to offer but by the clubs and hobbies that are readily avaliable up there its way better. you are all very lucky:D

What about the JAM club, it's on a Friday evening in the Youth Club (?), it's very popular.

nikki
26-Oct-07, 16:36
You could see if he's interested in learning a musical instrument. This would keep him occupied even when he wasn't at lessons as he'd have to practice in between lessons. And it would also come in handy when he reached high school, for his music class. I started learning piano when I was around his age and found it helped loads in the high school, and learning it so young also helped when I decided to learn guitar, didn't need to go through the theory stuff so much cause id already done it with piano.