PDA

View Full Version : Blisters! :(

champagnebaby
21-Aug-05, 23:18
I got new boots a few weeks ago and wore them for the first time the other day but ended up with blisters on both my heels.

Anyone got any ideas on how to stop them giving me blisters again???

halkirk1
22-Aug-05, 10:24
Soak them overnight in a bath.

Then in the morning when they are still wet wear them for about 1hr.

This will help the boot to shape to your feet.

Once they are dry give them a good coat of polish and let the polish soak in overnight.

Then in the morning just buff the polish off.

champagnebaby
22-Aug-05, 12:35
Thanks but they're suede fur lined so i'm no really wanting to get them soaked in water. Any other ideas??

bigjjuk
22-Aug-05, 13:01
well i think at the back of the bott is a rigid cardboard or leahter heal support, which normally is the cause, get a hammer and soften this up from the inside, not the outside as u will damage your suede. It does work i do it

Margaret M.
22-Aug-05, 13:11
Try wearing them for shorter periods of time until they get broken in.

EDDIE
22-Aug-05, 17:29
If your feet are hurting in one particular spot in the shoe u can rub vaseline on that area of the shoe until the shoe is bedded in that method does work

bacardibabe
22-Aug-05, 19:23
maybe ask your granny,sure she will have a solution!!!!

golach
22-Aug-05, 19:34
Are sore feet and new shoes a womans thing...ye never hear men greeting about a wee blister or two, but maybe men are more sensible when buying footwear, i.e. they only buy them when needed and not because the shoes look "bonny" or are the "Fashion" and we always buy the right size [lol]

bacardibabe
24-Aug-05, 21:13
if it was me i would just give the boots to blythswood,that would solve your problem!!!!!!

Whitewater
24-Aug-05, 22:55
I've done a lot of walking over the years and when using new boots I always wore two pairs of socks, a thin pair next to the skin, they always seemed prevent any blistering as the inner pair of socks would protect and wear in the places where your skin would have been chaffed.

Thats my tip/ theory but maybe I've just been lucky.

champagnebaby
24-Aug-05, 23:48
if it was me i would just give the boots to blythswood,that would solve your problem!!!!!!

You mad, they cost me £100 [mad]

I'll try hammmering the heel then wearing them with 2 pairs o socks see if at solves e problem.

golach
25-Aug-05, 08:36
champagnebaby, did the shop have great big windows? I think they saw you coming [disgust]

champagnebaby
25-Aug-05, 12:50
LOL Wasn't out a shop, was out e clubby.

They're made by Caterpillar, i thought by going for the brand name i couldna go wrong :confused Obviously not it would seem . . . . . . . . .

Tried hammering the heel today and putting on 2 pairs of socks but my heels are still sore from e last blisters so i'll probably have to wait til they're healed properly, tut! [mad]

dragonfly
25-Aug-05, 12:54
hi champagnebaby!!

try rubbing the inside of the heel with soap - think thats what I used to do when I was a victim to fashion, but now as you know I'm now past that stage :D

Naefearjustbeer
25-Aug-05, 13:46
I used to get Cat footwear for a while before they were fashionable, at the time they were practicle work wear and were very comfortable and hard wearing. But since they became a fashion brand I stopped buying them as the quality and comfort of the product dropped, oh and they became more expensive.. unless of course you buy them from www.mandmsports.com where you can save a fortune.