View Full Version : 1,2,3 Curry!!!

hotrod4
22-Oct-07, 20:54
Heres a very easy curry I make every week:
(note how its 1,2,3!)

1 Large Onion
2Tomatoes
3 Cloves of Garlic

Blend these together(raw) with 1/2 tsp Turmeric and 1 tsp Garam masala and a pinch of salt.
Add this to approx 500g of meat and marinade for at least an hour(overnight is best).

To make curry heat a little olive oil in a pan with 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds,for approx 1 min.
Add meat mixture and fry for about 15 mins, add a little water if required.(probablty will)
Cook meat til soft .
About 15 mins before meats ready add 3 finger chillies sliced (try just 1 if you dont like it too hot).Also if your wary of heat DONT add the seeds!!!.
Sprinkle fresh coriander on top when serving

Thats it nothing to it.

Personally i love it made with mince and then add a few raw tatties about 20 mins before its ready.Voila Caithness mince and tatties :)

This is the basic curry you can add things to make different curries, i.e cooked lentils and Pineapple to make dhansak.

Have worked in Various kitchens including Indians and this always pleases the curry lovers!!.
enjoy.

anneoctober
22-Oct-07, 21:27
Hotrod4 , you could impress us Orgers a bitty more if you were to supply the readymade curry to our now ravinous bellies!! :lol:

tahi
22-Oct-07, 21:27
Will give your recipe a try, for definate. I love curry and am always looking
to change the usual recipe.
Have recently learnt, that if you add yoghurt to the marinade it significantly
increases its absorption into meat, when left overnight.
Off to make a curry now!

hotrod4
23-Oct-07, 12:43
Will give your recipe a try, for definate. I love curry and am always looking
to change the usual recipe.
Have recently learnt, that if you add yoghurt to the marinade it significantly
increases its absorption into meat, when left overnight.
Off to make a curry now!

Yoghurt certainly does the trick, but Im not a lover of it unless i am making Tandoori or Tikka.
Another good tip is if your using Chilli powder WATCH the salt as the salt increases the heat when mixed with chilli powder, thats why I only use fresh chillies as the flavour is better.

I would love to make you all some ,as I did last night but by the time I loaded up my PC and was ready to pour it down the telephone line i suddenly noticed we had ate it all :(
still.....maybe next time!

Dreamweaver
24-Oct-07, 16:56
This sounds really good, I'm def gonna give this a go. x

sweetpea
30-Oct-07, 13:08
Thanks Hotrod it's been years since I had a good mince curry, in fact I'd forgotten about it, I'll give your one a try.

cuddlepop
30-Oct-07, 13:58
That sounds just like the soup I need to make for my Oh,he's all chocked up with the cold and that sounds wonderful.

Thank you.:)