PDA

View Full Version : CAt killed on george st wick...

justine
20-Oct-07, 22:24
Unfortunately coming back from tescos not half an hour ago we spotted a cat lying in the middle of the road.I made my hubby stop and we lifted the cat...A young gentleman then came up to us and gave us the name of the taxi firm that just run it over.....They never stopped and moved the cat just left it lying there.Well after ten minutes of knocking on doors we managed to trace the owners and informed them about what had happened.We left her in tears with her beloved cat...I am so angry that the driver who apperently knew what he did as he stopped looked back and then drove off, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED......What a night......:(

angela5
20-Oct-07, 22:54
That was very caring of you justine, as for the driver, well, very heartless.

Liz
21-Oct-07, 18:03
It is such a shame that you had to do what the driver should have done!!![mad]

I know how difficult it must have been for you Justine but well done for finding the poor owner as, although it is awful, at least she knows what has happened to her beloved pet.

luskentyre
21-Oct-07, 18:27
Well done Justine.

dancingtaz13
22-Oct-07, 22:47
Am i right in saying that people don't have to report a cat they kill on the road but must still report a dog? I think that's awful too cos people miss their cats as much as their dogs and i know some people want to know if anything bad has happened to their cat. :~(
As for not stopping once the cat was hit - that's shocking. I thought some people up here would have more heart than that.

angela5
24-Oct-07, 15:42
Am i right in saying that people don't have to report a cat they kill on the road

:confused
Anyone with common decency would stop and try to find who owns the cat.

Tilter
24-Oct-07, 20:59
Justine,
I'm so glad you were there and able to locate the owners - even if your cat has died it's better to know than not know what's happened.

If you want a happy story to cheer you up - our cat was run over and left on the road about 9 years ago. We had gone to Inverness for the day and when we came back found a note through the door asking if we'd lost our cat. Someone in our street found him and took him to the vet. Well, it was our cat at the vet's, complete with collapsed lungs and various other injuries, and very very ill. He survived and he's now 12 years old and a very fine cat indeed. He learned too - he is very sensible about cars and roads. Also, maybe because of the lung damage, he now has the loudest purr I've ever heard - total purrmonger.