PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping

sam
20-Oct-07, 21:55
Has anyone done their Christmas shopping yet or do you prefer to wait until nearer Christmas to get it all?

mccaugm
20-Oct-07, 21:58
Started on the first of September and am 99% there..just a few things for my bairns...all family stuff done...I even have the wrapping paper sorted....does that make :lol:me organised or neurotic?

sam
20-Oct-07, 22:01
lol mine are wrapped and out of the way of prying little eyes :eek:

lady penelope
20-Oct-07, 22:24
I thought Santa delivered all the pressies on Christmas Eve :confused

sam
20-Oct-07, 22:27
I'm just one of santa's little helpers lol that wraps the prezzies;)

NLP
20-Oct-07, 22:39
I'm behind this year I normally start buying around June, think I'll be doing a lot of online shopping this year, not even sure who's getting what as a rule it's all written down and then marked off as I buy it.

telfordstar
20-Oct-07, 23:02
Im terrible my christmas shopping starts in the january sales ive got a few bargins so wont have to spend so much nearer the time.:D

Mik.M.
20-Oct-07, 23:17
Have just started christmas shopping, bit late this year, usually start in June/July but moveing house sort of took over.

Margaret M.
21-Oct-07, 00:19
I have a few things -- usually in October I start paying a little more attention to the offers online and on the home shopping networks but I will be out in the mall a lot during the two weeks before Christmas. The longer I wait, the better the price.

xx_chickie
23-Oct-07, 09:49
Oh dear, and to think I've not even started yet :(

Haha well, I usually tend to think the best presents I give are the little things I see in shops which remind me of a certain friend :) They're quirky and although it's stressful leaving my shopping to chance, everyone seems to be happy!

wifie
23-Oct-07, 11:27
I like to buy things when I see something I know someone would like so always have a little stash of things. For instance the children's stocking things are collected throughout the year - somethings are just tiny or bought on our holidays stuff like that. Love shopping for presents - it's great to see the recipient's smile when I've got it right!

linda192
23-Oct-07, 11:49
HAVE GOT MOST OF MINE STARTED LAST MONTH, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SOME BABY CLOTHES THAT i HAVE BEEN BUYING AND AM SENDING TO MY GRANDDAUGHTER FOR XMAS.....HAVE ALSO BOUGHT SMALL XMAS TREE AND PLANTED IN THE GARDEN.....

nanoo
23-Oct-07, 12:34
Going to start mine this weekend, usually order things on line so it's not a hassle for me anyway, still theres always something i forget and i'll be running around on Christmas eve as usual. Wish me luck orgers and very well done to those of you who are organised.:roll:

paris
23-Oct-07, 12:48
With all my family bits going on I've actually forgotten Santa's due soon. Oh well i must start this weekend......me i hate shopping presents/food/household, what ever i just hate it and always have . Jan xx

Thumper
23-Oct-07, 12:49
I USED to be very organised and would have it all bought by now but after a couple of bad christmases i have kind lost the festive spirit :( I will make sure the kids all get nice prezzie's and get my Mum etc but I just can't seem to get off my tail and get started x

superted
23-Oct-07, 12:54
Thank god for the internet...my final 2 presents arrived this morning...:lol:

karia
23-Oct-07, 12:56
There's AGES to go yet!;)

It's not even Halloween and still ,officially at least, British Summer Time.

BBQ anyone?:lol:

Karia

Thumper
23-Oct-07, 13:02
There's AGES to go yet!

BBQ anyone?

Karia
I am up for a BBQ Karia!No wasps to bother us now so it would be great!:D I even have a few things I wouldn't mind seeing on the BBQ :eek:

karia
23-Oct-07, 13:09
I am up for a BBQ Karia!No wasps to bother us now so it would be great!I even have a few things I wouldn't mind seeing on the BBQ :eek:

That's why bonfire night exists Thumper!;)

karia

Anne x
23-Oct-07, 13:10
There's AGES to go yet!;)

BBQ anyone?:lol:

Karia

Had a BBQ a couple of weeks ago well OH cooked it and I ate it !!think that could well be the last this year !!!

I try not to think about Xmas til after Nov 5th although the shops are all stocked up with Xmas things and have some good pre Xmas offers on
even our local Garden Centre have there Xmas tables decked out

Thumper
23-Oct-07, 13:10
That's why bonfire night exists Thumper!;)

karia
I know Karia but I can't wait that long [lol] x

grandma
23-Oct-07, 13:12
Not bought anything yet - Christmas Eve is soon enough for that malarky.
Find it very off putting to see all the Christmas stuff in shops in September/October when we haven't even had Hallowe'en yet.

ashaw1
23-Oct-07, 13:24
It's the internet for me this year. I really can't stand all that pushing and shoving down the aisles. Infront of my monitor with a cuppa and a choccy biccy.

floyed
24-Oct-07, 07:39
I have started mine and only have a few more things to get. I like to have mine done early i left it to the last minutes one year and ended up just getting people anything, there was no thought put into the pressies. I buy a little something every week starting after the summer holidays:D

henry20
24-Oct-07, 08:20
I have a lot of mine ........ and everything that I've bought has already been wrapped. There are a couple of things I've ordered that won't arrive until nearer the time and I've to try and wangle a day off to get the rest - and point OH in the direction of what I want ;)

porshiepoo
24-Oct-07, 08:28
It's normally a last minute thing for me a week before christmas but I have a friend who's moved up and she is sooooooooooo organised when it comes to christmas that it has rubbed off on me. :) I now have 80% of all pressie shopping done and am even planning the decoration stage soon. Yay!!!!

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuv crimbo.

Ricco
24-Oct-07, 08:30
My dawg! Is it Christmas already!!? Good grief - I had better get shifting. (just kidding)

I haven't started yet - usually leave it until early December but I may break with habit and get started this week.

lady penelope
24-Oct-07, 21:44
Aaaaah! Only a few weeks till Christmas. The shops will be empty!:eek:

Only joking. I go with a list and spend a day or two shopping. I think birthdays are far more important.:D

mccaugm
24-Oct-07, 22:09
:D61 days to go.....cannot wait.....:lol:

botheed
24-Oct-07, 22:24
i hate xmas, i look fot it like a turkey does:eek:

Oddquine
24-Oct-07, 22:49
I'm not so keen on Christmas any more............mainly because I'm only allowed to present the grand-children..........and only one of them is still young enough to want things and not cash.

I used to love Christmas shopping, but I have always loathed any other kind!

quirbal
24-Oct-07, 23:24
Bah Humbug.

dandod
24-Oct-07, 23:29
Bah Humbug.

i like mint humbugs too!!!!

Moi x
24-Oct-07, 23:34
I used to love Christmas shopping, but I have always loathed any other kind!It's vice versa for me. Clothes, shoes, mmmmm x