PDA

View Full Version : x factor

mr do dar
20-Oct-07, 20:08
did anyone watch X factor tonight . i thought most of the acts was good but nikki did it for me . she was magic .

bluelady
20-Oct-07, 20:09
aye she was good. Also the girl band Hope did very well

Julia
21-Oct-07, 00:21
Only a couple of performances were good, the rest were nondescript, not very encouraging if this is the best of British talent :eek:

Ash
23-Oct-07, 08:23
no one stood out, but they didnt stand a chance especially after leona lewis came on and sang, she was amazing:D

honey
23-Oct-07, 09:16
Although they didnt have a good night on saturday, i think Daniel and Leon are 2 to watch out for.. they could be fantasitic with the right song!

xx_chickie
23-Oct-07, 09:45
Hopefully, with the vocal training they'll all be receiving at the moment, the acts will improve greatly! Although, they probably won't be near the standard of Leona Lewis - her voice is truely amazing. :)

brandy
23-Oct-07, 09:46
rydion is just scary... im afraid of him *G*
*Grins* what about louie going off on same dif?
very unprofessional! he was like a little boy.. well you did it first simon! you made fun of the macdonald brothers!!
and sharon! if the mentors cant keep it together what do they expect the singers to be able to do?

xx_chickie
23-Oct-07, 09:52
rydion is just scary... im afraid of him *G*

YES...i totally agree, brandy! And although he may have a decent operatic voice, his arrogance and attitude is not something which needs to be so publicised on something as popular as the X Factor. For someone to win the X Factor, they need to have something which stands out in a good way :)

Ash
23-Oct-07, 10:13
so glad im not the only one who cant stomach him, he makes me feel sick

:confused:eek:

xx_chickie
23-Oct-07, 10:39
so glad im not the only one who cant stomach him, he makes me feel sick

absolutely not, ash!!! i think we should start a 'fan' club for him...or perhaps not!! I don't understand how he has come so far through the competition anyway! Opera music is not as 'pop' as the rest, so I thought from that point of view, the other male acts were more suited to the competition? Who knows?! Anyway, I'm relying on Danii to sort him out!

hotrod4
23-Oct-07, 11:45
It was quite average comapared to last year.
I thought the boy from Scotland let himself down with that Beatles cover done in a "big band stylee" as he had been so good.
Dont know who left though maybe someone can enlighten me?

nanoo
23-Oct-07, 12:44
Hotrod4 -- it was Kimberley that left. I think Leon is a contender for the final myself, unless of course Simon starts his (lets have a go at the scottish acts again) i also think the girl band Hope will be there at the end. I have to agree about Leona Lewis, she is fantastic and if anyone can break into the American music world, it will be her.;)

ber219
23-Oct-07, 12:46
I think that this years competition will be somewhat of a damp squib for the simple reason of the Leona Lewis factor. No one in the show comes anywhere near her for talent and whoever wins will be a distant memory next summer.

mccaugm
23-Oct-07, 14:52
It was quite average comapared to last year.
I thought the boy from Scotland let himself down with that Beatles cover done in a "big band stylee" as he had been so good.
Dont know who left though maybe someone can enlighten me?

I cannot stand x factor but watched a little on Sunday afternoon (nout else on and I was doing the ironing). I saw the youngest girl sing and the Scottish kiddie. They were both awful. I thought this was supposed to be a talent show. Simon Cowell...get a grip!

lady penelope
23-Oct-07, 16:54
My family all had their tongues hanging out when Hope were singing. Don'tthink they heard any of the song though![lol]

brandy
23-Oct-07, 17:00
*laughs* i was waiting for one of those OOPS moments withthe two pieces of material the one woman in hope was almost wearing!!
but i do like nickie(sp) is that her name.. the mum of 2..
she needs a lot of help getting thru her grief.. but she does have a beautiful voice!
i missed the boot camp.. what happened to paris?

Max
23-Oct-07, 17:01
Rydion is the ony one who showed any talent last week. The rest were boring! Ok a little unusul but he has a really good voice. Where would the world be without interesting and unusual people? (I need a new keyboard - someone has moved all the keys around)

lady penelope
23-Oct-07, 17:07
Rhydian is not 'unusual' he is downright weird. He reminds me of Liberace!:lol:

baggie boy
23-Oct-07, 17:14
sharon osbourne is on paul o grady talking about the show. rumour has it she quit over sat show!!

xx_chickie
23-Oct-07, 19:19
sharon osbourne is on paul o grady talking about the show. rumour has it she quit over sat show!!

Oh!! :O

There are so many rumours flying about the place about the X Factor all the time lol, but like Louis, if she did quit, I'm sure she'll be back!

balto
23-Oct-07, 20:20
rydion looks really scary his eyes seem to pop out of his head. i reckon leon is really good. the girl grop hope got mixed up think they thought they were going to stand on a street cornor.

Thumper
23-Oct-07, 20:37
Rydion is very strange,Sharon was right when she called him a strange boy!It's his eyes,they look dead!He would look better in a horror movie.I am not saying he can't sing but omg if I met him in the street at night I would be worried he was some kind of maniac x

Max
24-Oct-07, 16:54
I think poor Rhydian is misunderstood!

mr do dar
27-Oct-07, 20:32
well i think the Xfactor was rubbish tonight . i think the final will be between nikki leon or futureproof . they were the best acts .

Ash
27-Oct-07, 20:47
well i think the Xfactor was rubbish tonight . i think the final will be between nikki leon or futureproof . they were the best acts .

oh god i know... nikki is prob the best singer, i like leon.. but he is soo nervous

Thumper
27-Oct-07, 21:30
I think it will be between Nikki...because she deserves to be there and Hope because they are the eye candy [disgust] But Hope will probably go on to bigger things no matter when they go out.Rhydion is good but not on something like this..the sooner he gets a better offer the better for all of us x

jinglejangle
27-Oct-07, 21:44
i thought danny was better than alisha and was sure she would get voted off - simon and danni probably decided to keep her in case sharon stormed off and made a fool of herself again!

Ash
27-Oct-07, 21:56
i didnt think he would go, danny was way better than the female singer

honey
29-Oct-07, 19:14
i didnt think he would go, danny was way better than the female singer

Daniel was my pick for the winner!! :eek: personally i think its louis fault hes out.. hes so wrapped up in nikki, he didnt give a flying fig about danny and gave him a rubbish song... ach well, at least i still have Leon in....

Ash
29-Oct-07, 19:28
Daniel was my pick for the winner!! :eek: personally i think its louis fault hes out.. hes so wrapped up in nikki, he didnt give a flying fig about danny and gave him a rubbish song... ach well, at least i still have Leon in....

ooh i love leon aswell:D

honey
29-Oct-07, 19:39
ooh i love leon aswell:D

he'll probably go out next week.. him and daniel were my prediction for the final 2! :lol:

Liz
29-Oct-07, 20:44
Rydion is the ony one who showed any talent last week. The rest were boring! Ok a little unusul but he has a really good voice. Where would the world be without interesting and unusual people? (I need a new keyboard - someone has moved all the keys around)

I totally agree! Thought I was the only one who liked Rydion.:lol:
He has an amazing voice and makes a change from the usual 'pop' acts!

I think it should be him and Nikki (another great singer) in the final.

nanoo
30-Oct-07, 13:39
I was half right. I predicted Daniel and Andy for the last 2. Never mind, i still like Leon although i reckon the final will be between Rydian and Nikki myself and whatever one of the two wins will be anybodies guess.:roll:

Max
30-Oct-07, 14:24
I get goosebumps when I hear Rhydian sing. Simon is right he is world class. It will be interesting to hear what he sings next week. Nikki hs a super voice as well but Rhydian does it for me I'm afraid!

Ash
30-Oct-07, 14:38
oh i really dislike rhydian! he scares me, his eyes, his awful bleaced hair, i think if he wins (which i hope not) he wont go far... i hate his voice he should be in a musical:eek:

ber219
30-Oct-07, 15:25
Whoever wins will not go far.......the whole group together doesn't have as much talent as last years winner.

This years group will be coming to a Butlins near you soon.

Max
30-Oct-07, 16:46
I just don't see how anyone can think Rhydian has no talent - I can understand the scary bit but he has talent.........

Ash
30-Oct-07, 16:53
I just don't see how anyone can think Rhydian has no talent - I can understand the scary bit but he has talent.........

everyone has different tastes :confused
and he isnt mine

Anne x
03-Nov-07, 11:49
well thats another one gone without singing or getting voted off booted out more like !!

starry
03-Nov-07, 12:28
What a nasty wee brat she turned out to be.
How many does Sharon have left in now?
she will be fuming.

Julia
03-Nov-07, 12:31
well thats another one gone without singing or getting voted off booted out more like !!

Who? Have I missed something :(

Anne x
03-Nov-07, 12:32
one I think not sure just been reading the news on pc

starry
03-Nov-07, 12:41
Emily, the youngest girl left after The Sun revealed a video of her assualting another girl.

I think it was leave or be asked to leave.

http://www.xfactor.tv/news/article/?scid=188 Full story is there.

nanoo
03-Nov-07, 13:04
Hi, Sharon will be well gutted, she only has one left now and she was nearly voted off herself in the last two shows(Alisha) After tonight she may have none if the voting goes the way it did for the last fortnight.:(

angela5
03-Nov-07, 14:52
Hi, Sharon will be well gutted, she only has one left now and she was nearly voted off herself in the last two shows(Alisha) After tonight she may have none if the voting goes the way it did for the last fortnight.:(

Sharon has asked to bring back her last act that was voted off.

corgiman
03-Nov-07, 15:38
I have not watched much of this years x factor but from what I have watched it just seems a farce with all the wrong ones being booted out

balto
04-Nov-07, 11:13
last night what was that all about futureproof did not dserve to get voted of. that guy rydion how scary is he. LEON OR HOPE TO WIN.

nanoo
04-Nov-07, 13:12
Hi balto, i agree about Futureproof, they did not deserve to go. I think last night was a close run thing and personally i thought it would be between Alisha and Andy, to go. I love Leon and Beverley as well but i still think the final will be between Rydian and Nikki. :Razz

anneoctober
04-Nov-07, 13:19
Andy is not a strong vocals man OR that good looking actually - his abs must be perfect for Danni to still sing his praises. I hope Simple Simon will keep Futureproof on his books and give them the chance they deserve !
signed : mad as hell, Anne :mad:

nanoo
05-Nov-07, 12:39
I saw in the press today that Simon Cowell is puting 'Futureproof' in the touring show of X- Factor. It usually consists of eight artists but this year it will be nine to allow them to join the others.:roll:

Max
05-Nov-07, 16:55
I thought Hope were really poor on Saturday, however, they looked really good! I just love Rhydian - I just feel you can rely on his voice to be good, plus he entertains me where some of the others I feel worried for them 'cos I'm sure they are going to sing flat our out of tune and they are a bit boring! I agree though I think it is a shame Futureproof have gone - they deserved to be in a bit longer.

honey
05-Nov-07, 18:17
I couldnt stand Rhydian in the 1st rounds... but im starting to warm to him.. a bit Like Chicco (but with a better voice!)

balto
05-Nov-07, 19:42
rydion has a good voice just dont think the top 40 is the place for him . oh he is so scary.

98elite
05-Nov-07, 22:46
Hopefully, with the vocal training they'll all be receiving at the moment, the acts will improve greatly! Although, they probably won't be near the standard of Leona Lewis - her voice is truely amazing. :)

Leona Lewis has raised the bar with her performances on last years x factor show, it could take years to find anyone that comes remotely close.

She has a wonderful voice, listen to her cover of Run by Snow Patrol, its class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgdRHH1gis4

And last years x factor clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYq51e-Pc74

Ash
05-Nov-07, 23:07
Leona Lewis has raised the bar with her performances on last years x factor show, it could take years to find anyone that comes remotely close.

She has a wonderful voice, listen to her cover of Run by Snow Patrol, its class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgdRHH1gis4 (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgdRHH1gis4)

And last years x factor clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYq51e-Pc74

hey thats weird i was gonna post that, its ace! her voice is wonderful

weeboyagee
07-Nov-07, 15:09
Heh-heh :D

Remember me???

I'm back - been a while but heck of a busy summer and only after the end of October have I been able to stay in the county at the weekend - so had the chance to watch one of my favourite programmes for a change. I have had the chance to catch a glimpse of the acts during the initial stages of the programme.

For what it's worth - I think both Hope and Futureproof should have stayed in at the weekend - Andy was the weakest to my mind. I also think that Natasha is for the boot - no matter how many times she lands in the bottom two she will have to go at some point. Leon may make a good singer but he still has to raise his act BIG STYLE! The x-factor this year is one of two - Beverley or Nicky and for my money the best of the lot is Beverley. Nicky did mean delivery of Celine Dion the week before though!

And,... it's good to be back !!

WBG :cool:

nanoo
12-Nov-07, 13:36
Hurray! Andy has gone at last, i have always thought he was a weak singer, i was gobsmacked that Beverley was in the bottom two though as she is really good(i think anyway) I still stick by Rydian or Nicki to win outright. ;)

Ash
12-Nov-07, 13:38
oh i thought beverly was awful this week, i didnt like her at all, leon was good as was hope (for a change)

they have hards act to follow : leona and shayne are fantastic singers :D

nanoo
12-Nov-07, 13:45
Hi Ash, I Looove Leon and i secretly would love him to win, but realistically If Rydian (not fond of him at all) sings like he did on Saturday night 'You Raise Me Up' by Westlife, he is a force to reckon with. Even i have to admit, he has a tremendous voice. :roll:

honey
12-Nov-07, 13:46
Rhydian was fantastic this week.. i had goosepimples all over...i think im slowly coming over to the "we love rhydian" side....

Ash
12-Nov-07, 13:49
i thought he was good on saturday night but i dont think he would sell many records if he won

Max
12-Nov-07, 16:38
He was really good (Rhydian) again! He gives me shivers up my spine when he sings - I would buy his music!

nanoo
12-Nov-07, 16:42
I have to say, Rydian would have no problem selling his records if he won. People are voting for him every week so it stands to reason they would buy them, not to mention people like Max and myself who are warming to him week on week.:roll:

Ash
12-Nov-07, 17:06
if you like that sort of music, personally i dont

this years x factor isnt as good

louis walsh is doing my head in!!

xx_chickie
12-Nov-07, 17:13
I have to say, Rydian would have no problem selling his records if he won. People are voting for him every week so it stands to reason they would buy them, not to mention people like Max and myself who are warming to him week on week.:roll:

I'm warming to him too! It's strange, I just thought he was so full of himself before, but now he seems to just want it so badly. He seems a genuine person with an amazing voice!

xx_chickie
12-Nov-07, 17:18
if you like that sort of music, personally i dont

this years x factor isnt as good

louis walsh is doing my head in!!

Ash, I agree! Louis seems to have taken on-board Simon's 'nasty' front!!

honey
12-Nov-07, 17:22
yeah, i dont like the way he seems to picking on Same Difference just because Simon did it to the MacDonald brothers. If your going to dislike an act.. thats fine, but dont take past grudges out in them, its not fair.

and i STILL havent forgiven him for Daniel!!!

nanoo
12-Nov-07, 17:36
I think Louis picks on Same Difference because Simon picked on the MacDonald Brothers as well. I like them, they are something completely different than we are used to and i look forward to their act each Saturday. Don't think they can win it though, but then again.....

Liz
12-Nov-07, 20:22
I didn't take to Rhydian at the auditions as he appeared to have a huge ego but I don't think he has at all and it was just the way he was portrayed.

He has such a wonderful voice and I would definitely buy his records.
Not sure how he will do with disco this week but sure he will rise to the challenge!

I really enjoyed Same Difference singing 'I Don't Feel Like Dancing' by Scissor Sisters.
Louis is definitely using them to get back at Simon for the McDonald Bros which is really childish and unfair.

Beverley and Niki are really good singers but seem to think they need to 'belt out' songs! Especially Beverley who didn't make a good job with 'You're Beautiful' I thought.

Rhydian to win!!!!!!!!:lol:

balto
12-Nov-07, 20:41
Hi Ash, I Looove Leon and i secretly would love him to win, but realistically If Rydian (not fond of him at all) sings like he did on Saturday night 'You Raise Me Up' by Westlife, he is a force to reckon with. Even i have to admit, he has a tremendous voice.
have to agree with you nanoo, what a brilliant job rydion did of 'you raise me up' changed my mind reckon he will defo be in the final 2. even though i still think he looks scary :roll::roll:

weeboyagee
12-Nov-07, 22:32
I didn't manage to see the X Factor last night but going on past records and my last post it is not surprising that Andy went - he has been very weak the past few weeks. Rhydian has a great voice but I am not sure that he has the X-factor style required. Beverley in the bottom two??? I can hardly believe it - what on earth did she do wrong??? Need to go and see if there is a repeat showing soon,......

honey
13-Nov-07, 16:33
Need to go and see if there is a repeat showing soon,......

i think its repeated on ITV 2 on friday or saturday..

henry20
14-Nov-07, 10:13
I really enjoyed Same Difference singing 'I Don't Feel Like Dancing' by Scissor Sisters.
Louis is definitely using them to get back at Simon for the McDonald Bros which is really childish and unfair.

Have to agree about Same Difference - they were really entertaining on Saturday night and I'm looking forward to seeing them this Saturday :)

I think Andy deserved to go, but I don't think Danni gave him the guidance he needed.

Simon is definitely the best judge - he could have been equally as unfair as Louis and booted Beverly out just to spite Louis.

Ash
17-Nov-07, 20:49
well 2night was prob the best shows, leon was fantastic, loved him, also i actually really like rhydian but leons my fave

didnt like beverly or nikki just think its abit over the top

alanatkie
17-Nov-07, 20:56
Have to agree with you Ash, really didn't enjoy Beverly or Nikki tonight.

Ash
17-Nov-07, 20:59
just waiting for same difference to finish the show, dont think they would win but alot of young people would buy there music

nanoo
18-Nov-07, 13:42
I really enjoyed the show last night but I've heard Nikki sing much better but unlike alantkie, i thought Beverley was excellent and took control of the stage. Leon, as usual was great as was Rydian. Same Difference as usual put on a great show, but i'm afraid i agreed with the public on the voting front. Alisha was very poor last night and i'm sorry to say, Hope being there was no surprise either, but then i never have liked them anyway, Simon only kept them for their sexy looks. Futureproof should never have been dropped as they were the best vocalists between the two. I still think Rydian and Nikki(providing she gets back on track after last night) are set for the final.;)

Max
18-Nov-07, 22:46
well 2night was prob the best shows, leon was fantastic, loved him, also i actually really like rhydian but leons my fave

didnt like beverly or nikki just think its abit over the top

he he a Rhydian convert!!! :)

honey
19-Nov-07, 16:25
well 2night was prob the best shows, leon was fantastic,

he did a good job on saturday.. good to see him come out of his shell a wee bit!!! :D

Ash
19-Nov-07, 16:27
he he a Rhydian convert!!! :)

wouldnt buy his music tho, it wasnt hard to be good on saturday night, poor show

mr do dar
25-Nov-07, 08:51
who was voted out this week i never got to watch it this weekend . hopefully its was not nikki

neepnipper
25-Nov-07, 09:14
Beverley and Hope were in the sing off, Louis voted to send Hope home, Simon voted to send Beverley home, Dannii voted to send Hope home and Sharon voted to send Beverley home (so she wouldn't have to make the deciding choice), 2 a piece so it went to who had the least public votes and that was Beverley. Shame, thought she was good.

sms
25-Nov-07, 11:14
I thought beverly was really good, im not really into Same Differnece at all. I was gutted Beverley was chosen to leave.

mr do dar
25-Nov-07, 11:15
many thanks . i will have to still watch it today on itv2 lol .

nanoo
25-Nov-07, 14:18
I was bobsmacked to say the least, when Beverley was the one to go home, i, like many more of you thought she was good. Truthfully, when it went to the one with the lowest votes, i did think that would be Hope, Three times in the final two and they are still hanging on in there. Don't like them at all, never did in fact, much prefered Futureproof. I still like Leon and maybe he will surprise us all yet. The final, i still think Rhydian is a certainty but i've always thought Niki too, now i'm not so sure. It could be Leon. Someone should tell Louis Walsh to stop picking on Same Difference, they were excellent last night, their best yet. Louis is just petty.;)

bingo1
25-Nov-07, 14:25
I was bobsmacked to say the least, when Beverley was the one to go home, i, like many more of you thought she was good. Truthfully, when it went to the one with the lowest votes, i did think that would be Hope, Three times in the final two and they are still hanging on in there. Don't like them at all, never did in fact, much prefered Futureproof. I still like Leon and maybe he will surprise us all yet. The final, i still think Rhydian is a certainty but i've always thought Niki too, now i'm not so sure. It could be Leon. Someone should tell Louis Walsh to stop picking on Same Difference, they were excellent last night, their best yet. Louis is just petty.;)

I could be wrong but its simons show simons act stays again simons staff count the votes i think this is a case of what simon says goes i dont think that hope had more votes than beverley goodness have u heard that women sing. I think that niki should win she is very good as are other acts but i think that the youngest girl in hope is carrying the other girls.

bluelady
25-Nov-07, 14:31
i think it could be between rhydian and nikki, but that depends on how leon does next week, if he ups e anti, he could well be in the final.

nanoo
02-Dec-07, 13:30
Hi fellow x-factor orgers. Well well well, it was three weeks later than it should have been, but at least they have gone now. Hope, never really had any in the first place. Now on to more important things, Did'nt Leon up the anti last night? he really is the dark horse here now. Nikki was excellent as usual and Same Difference are looking good as well, Rhydian, well if there is any justice in the world, he is the winner by a mile, he just keeps getting better and better. I still stick with my original prediction that Rydian will definately make the final, although i'm not sure if Nikki(who i originally thought) or Leon, will be there with him. It's much harder this year as Leona Lewis so outclassed all the others last year, she could'nt fail to win. I secretly would love it to be Leon though, fingers crossed.;)

Ash
02-Dec-07, 13:36
i really think leon has a chance as do same difference, they were both really really good last night, wasnt overly keen on the other acts, fed up with nikki's sob story - BORING!!!:confused

jinglejangle
02-Dec-07, 14:12
i really think leon has a chance as do same difference, they were both really really good last night, wasnt overly keen on the other acts, fed up with nikki's sob story - BORING!!!:confused

I agree Ash - Niki's sob story is getting boring now - you wonder if people are voting for her or because she looked like she was going to cry singing her dads favourite song. I think she has a good voice so I don't feel there is a need for going over the same ground about her dad passing away - which was awful for her family but nothing to do with the singing contest!

Danni mentioned that last night when Sharon inferred Rydian has no emotion - Danni said he has but just doesn't tell sob stories on the VT!

Wasn't Louis horrible last night......

Ash
02-Dec-07, 14:15
i hate louis walsh!!

he is ruining the show, he doesnt like it because he only has one act left, i really want leon to win, his voice is amazing and he is like michael buble(who i love!)

i think aswell as nikki's sob stories she thinks she is going to win, which makes me dislike her, she is over confident

Torvaig
02-Dec-07, 14:22
Rhydian everytime; a class act and the only one with the X factor......

nanoo
02-Dec-07, 14:29
Wasn't Louis horrible last night...... I agree completely jinglejangle, Louis Walsh needs to grow up and act his age, his griping about Same Difference is intolerable, how can he say there is'nt a market for a twosome, of course there is, i seem to remember a boy and girl pair called Dollar and they did pretty well i think. Perhaps we are ready now for another Peters and Lee or Renee and Renata. Who is he to say, folks are voting for Same Difference every week, after all. Like you i am getting a little sick of the sob story with Nikki as well and it's time to let it go. ;)Good luck to Leon because he gets my vote every week, he's a wee smasher that keeps getting better and better.:roll:

Ash
02-Dec-07, 14:38
for louis walsh to criticise same difference makes me laugh - he was steps manager!!! you cant get more cheese than them!!!!!!!!!!!

and they never sang live

Torvaig
02-Dec-07, 14:45
for louis walsh to criticise same difference makes me laugh - he was steps manager!!! you cant get more cheese than them!!!!!!!!!!!

and they never sang live

There's no such thing as bad publicity and the judges are milking it; keeps them in the media......:lol:

nanoo
09-Dec-07, 13:31
Well fellow X - Factor fans, was that a shock last night or not? I thought all the acts were good, although i did wonder if Leon did the wrong thing singing a Jazz style song for his second one (not everybody likes that, i know i don't) but as it turned out, it did'nt do him any harm after all. I was mortified when it came down to Leon or Nikki, i felt sure he was going to go and was GOBSMACKED when Nikki went, who'd have thought it. Anyway, i still think Rydian will win and Leon second with Same Difference in third place. In my world however, Leon will win with Rydian second and Same Difference in third place. The Sunday Mail today says Rydian has been approached by Andrew Lloyd Webber, to star as the Phantom of the opera in his new production:- Phantom in Manhatten. This musical starts on Broadway in 2009. He's sorted then eh? Please can Leon win the X - Factor. ;):roll:

Ash
09-Dec-07, 13:43
leon was fab last night, he is the uk's michael buble! thought his second song was fab, the whole point of it is to be different!!!

LEON TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Max
09-Dec-07, 14:04
I hope I can appreciate all types of music and I do like jazz, however I thought Leon was awful last night, especially his second number. Rhydian is streets ahead of them all vocally, I loved "Bridge over Troubled Water" it was really good. I then listened to all his performances on You Tube - how sad am I??!! I don't like the Nicky type stuff but to me vocally she was better than Leon. I also thought the second song Same Difference did was really good last night. Anyway I appreciate that is just my opinion - would be much less interesting if we all liked the same thing!!!! :)

nanoo
09-Dec-07, 14:07
leon was fab last night, he is the uk's michael buble! thought his second song was fab, the whole point of it is to be different!!!

LEON TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
I totally agree Ash, but he took a risk last night singing jazz, it dousn't appeal to most teenagers and they are the ones that buy the cds for thr most part. I'm delighted it paid off though because, like you say:- LEON TO WIN.;)

ett23
09-Dec-07, 17:37
I hope Leon wins too - he's Scottish and he's a fantastic singer.:D

But I thought Nikki should have stayed in and Same Difference or Rhydian left last night. :roll:

Oh well, it'll make an interesting final though.

Julia
09-Dec-07, 21:25
Same Difference really grate on my nerves, especially when they are pleading and begging to the camera for votes, if only I could reach into the TV and slap her in the chops!

Leon to win!

bluelady
10-Dec-07, 13:25
[quote=Julia;308699]Same Difference really grate on my nerves, especially when they are pleading and begging to the camera for votes, if only I could reach into the TV and slap her in the chops!

Julie, where is such anger coming from? its Christmas ha, ha, but I agree, it should be Leon, Rhydian and Nikki in e final. I think it will be tight between Rhydian and Leon, but they both are in line for contracts anyway being as they are so good.

honey
10-Dec-07, 13:32
Same Difference really grate on my nerves, especially when they are pleading and begging to the camera for votes, if only I could reach into the TV and slap her in the chops!

Leon to win!

I dont see the attraction with same difference myself, but my 8 year old son loves them. Simon Cowell knows what hes talking about, there is defiantely a market for them...

I voted for Leon though!!! hope he makes it all the way!

xx_chickie
10-Dec-07, 13:35
I dont see the attraction with same difference myself, but my 8 year old son loves them. Simon Cowell knows what hes talking about, there is defiantely a market for them...

I voted for Leon though!!! hope he makes it all the way!

Yeah, there's a market for them I suppose...but they got through, over genuine talent (Niki). And let's not forget...the "X Factor". They don't have it!!

Leon to win, our Scots lad!

honey
10-Dec-07, 13:37
I dont really think Nikki had the X-Factor either tho, she has genuine talent, but they are always looking for that extra spark. Nikki never really showed that.

xx_chickie
10-Dec-07, 13:44
Suppose you're right, honey. As long as Same Difference are out ASAP, I won't be lead to drastic action! :lol:

Ash
10-Dec-07, 14:59
:Di think same difference have proved they can sing after saturdays performance,it was ace them getting through, louis walsh's face was a picture, Nikki was convinced she would win, was getting on my nerves

Love leon

unicorn
10-Dec-07, 15:07
Canna stand Leon at all, He grates on my nerves reminds me of the other guy who always sang jazz and stuff ?? Can't even remember his name he made such an impact on me. Same Difference well turn on the tears and the votes roll in, Rhydian is streets ahead. Would definately be pay to listen to him in the phantom of the opera.

honey
10-Dec-07, 16:09
Would definately be pay to listen to him in the phantom of the opera.

it might be better if he DOESNT win then. I still think Will Young would have done a lot better if he had come 2nd and not been restricted to what kind of music he could release.. Rhydian will need someone who wants to make him famous for being Rhydian.. NOT the winner of the x -factor (if that makes sense..)

nanoo
10-Dec-07, 16:59
Hi again, X - factor fans. Todays papers (Record and Sun) are asking all Scots to vote for Leon to win the final on Saturday night. I always voted for him anyway. Rydian has a great future before him anyway, Andrew Lloyd Webber will see to that and i'm afraid although i like Same Difference, they are not X - Factor material. Hopefully the Scottish vote will be massive for Leon. Did you notice, any night, he was the only one who DID'NT ask for votes, through gestures, like all the others DID. I think this shows just how shy he is(and that's refreshing in a pop singer) Vote for :- THE LEON KING. PLEEEAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEE.;):roll:

Max
10-Dec-07, 17:39
Nope sorry - it would take more than being the same nationality to make me vote for him - I'm probalby in the minority though!!

Torvaig
10-Dec-07, 17:53
Nope sorry - it would take more than being the same nationality to make me vote for him - I'm probalby in the minority though!!

No you're not! His flat notes make me (and I'm sure many others) cringe...... [evil]

nanoo
10-Dec-07, 18:00
Don't get me wrong Max, i think Rydian is FANTASTIC. I loved Paul Potts in Britains Got talent and was over the moon that he won and if anything Rydian is even better, because he has the looks as well as the voice, so in that respect he has loads more going for him, such as starring roles in musical drama. 'Phantom in manhatten' to open on broadway 2009 is already in the bag for him, even if he does'nt win X -Factor. I still think Leon is what X-factor is really about (the pop world) just like Leona Lewis. ;)

ett23
10-Dec-07, 20:29
Rhydian is streets ahead. Would definately pay to listen to him in the phantom of the opera.

I have to say I don't think Rhydian is cut out for pop but musicals/opera he would be great in. I love Phantom of the Opera and would go to see it too if he was in it!! :D

unicorn
10-Dec-07, 23:27
I think Rhydian will have a fantastic musical career in opera and musicals, he would be wasted on pop.

Torvaig
10-Dec-07, 23:40
Don't get me wrong Max, i think Rydian is FANTASTIC. I loved Paul Potts in Britains Got talent and was over the moon that he won and if anything Rydian is even better, because he has the looks as well as the voice, so in that respect he has loads more going for him, such as starring roles in musical drama. 'Phantom in manhatten' to open on broadway 2009 is already in the bag for him, even if he does'nt win X -Factor. I still think Leon is what X-factor is really about (the pop world) just like Leona Lewis. ;)

Ahh.. I didn't realise it was a pop world competition; I thought the X Factor covered all areas of singing......

Max
11-Dec-07, 10:54
Rhydain has an all round talent, yes he is classically trained but he has shown throughout the series that he can tackle anything that he is asked to do - how can Leon derserve to win when he isn't very good?

honey
12-Dec-07, 15:05
oooh, Leon is doing a duet with Kylie this week. Rhydian has Katherine Jenkins and SD have Jason Donovan....

Ash
12-Dec-07, 15:21
oh cant wait, leon and kylie wow!!!:D

nanoo
12-Dec-07, 17:04
I'm looking forward to this myself, also to hearing Rydian sing with Katherine Jenkins. I still want Leon to win though.;)

ett23
12-Dec-07, 17:15
I'm looking forward to this myself, also to hearing Rydian sing with Katherine Jenkins. I still want Leon to win though.;)

Me too, nanoo! Forget classical Rhydian and cheesey Same Difference - roll on Leon!!!! :lol:

Ash
12-Dec-07, 17:55
Rhydain has an all round talent, yes he is classically trained but he has shown throughout the series that he can tackle anything that he is asked to do - how can Leon derserve to win when he isn't very good?

your part about leon not being very good is ur opinion, lots of people like him

Max
12-Dec-07, 18:30
Yes, yes I appreciate that - I was stating my opinion - I obviously don't hear what others hear - fair comment!

Ash
12-Dec-07, 18:36
Yes, yes I appreciate that - I was stating my opinion - I obviously don't hear what others hear - fair comment!

i know you were stating your opinion, not trying to start a fight, dont worry! lol:lol:

what i love about leon is the fact he hasnt been singing all his life just since january this year when he realised he was good,

honey
12-Dec-07, 20:45
i dont think we have seen the best of Leon yet, he has a new talent that can be nurtured and improved on. I dont think Rhydian will get that much better than he is now...

mr do dar
12-Dec-07, 21:55
my partner thinks rydian will win and i cant believe nikki my girl has gone :~(

unicorn
15-Dec-07, 20:53
Rhydians performance of holy night was beautiful.

Blondie
15-Dec-07, 21:18
OMG! What the hell is Kylie wearing?

unicorn
15-Dec-07, 21:20
ummmmmmmm not very much but that said it wasn't a bad performance.

trix
15-Dec-07, 21:20
OMG! What the hell is Kylie wearing?

took e words oot o ma mooth blondie...:eek:

angela5
15-Dec-07, 23:04
Well final two, Leon and Rhydian.

Leon to win!!

angela5
15-Dec-07, 23:37
Leon......The winner......woooooo!:D

loneranger
15-Dec-07, 23:42
glad leon won! what a great loon:)

johno
15-Dec-07, 23:43
I cant wait either, but just to see Katherine Jenkins. ;)
Ps, her singing is a bonus

candyfloss
15-Dec-07, 23:57
Well done leon, it took me ages to get though and vote for him, he's lovely :)

Liz
15-Dec-07, 23:59
Well done to to Leon.

Have to say he performed really well tonight.

My vote went to Rhydian though so disappointed he didn't win but am sure he has a marvellous future ahead of him.

Ash
16-Dec-07, 00:17
wohooo leon!!!

his performance tonight of the song chosen for the single was amazing! he deserved to win sooo happy!!!

shazzap
16-Dec-07, 00:44
Well done to to Leon.

Have to say he performed really well tonight.

My vote went to Rhydian though so disappointed he didn't win but am sure he has a marvellous future ahead of him.

Totally agree with you.

Moi x
16-Dec-07, 00:49
Congrats to Leon. I didn't vote for him but he was a worthy winner. I think he nicked it with the single at the end. Rhydian's version was good but I think he blew it by not playing to his strengths. He should have given it the full treatment.

Blondie, I don't know what the hell Kylie was wearing but I want some of whatever it is that makes her waist soooo narrow at her age. :eek:

My choice may not have won but I made it onto the show tonight. I went to see the winner on Monday night and you could see me behind him for about 10 seconds in the clip they showed on tonight's show. Yeah! :D

Anne x
16-Dec-07, 01:15
Just fantastic what a winner really thought Ryhdian had it complete surprise

just Brilliant

nanoo
16-Dec-07, 12:55
Another Christmas wish has come true, CONGRATULATIONS LEON. The best man won on the night. I think they were running neck and neck up until they sang their last song and Leon was fantastic at it but i think Rydian blue it completely at that point. I've been voting for Leon from the start and he is the X -Factor in my opinion. Rydian is classically trained and has been in many operas, whereas Leon only started singing seriously this year and entered the show for experience and boy does he have that now. I'm sure like Leona we'll be hearing lots more of him. ALL HAIL THE KING. THE LEON KING, WINNER OF X-FACTOR 2007. ;)He deserves it too.:lol:

Blondie
16-Dec-07, 13:04
Nanoo, I think your deluded!

nanoo
16-Dec-07, 13:14
Nanoo, I think your deluded!
Well Blondie, all i can say there is, i'm in good company because a substantial amount of the great British public voted for him too. Scotland on it's own, could not have secured his win, teenagers in the rest of the UK must have voted for him as well.;)

Max
16-Dec-07, 16:17
Well my vote was with Rhydian although I have to say Leon was at his best last night and I enjoyed his performance. Don't think he is the most talented (imo!), however - I look forward to hearing Rhydian in the future. Certainly Leon seems to be the one who has come from nothing - a dream come true for him.

nanoo
16-Dec-07, 16:35
Well my vote was with Rhydian although I have to say Leon was at his best last night and I enjoyed his performance. Don't think he is the most talented (imo!), however - I look forward to hearing Rhydian in the future. Certainly Leon seems to be the one who has come from nothing - a dream come true for him. Max, i too look forward to hearing from Rydian again. I think he has an amazing voice and i am quite sure he will be on stage in the west end sooner than we think. I also think he'll cut a record soon as well and i'll buy it.;)

Julia
16-Dec-07, 17:11
I watched the final this morning and I'm absolutely delighted that Leon won, I've been wanting him to win all along! He has a fantastic voice for such a young guy, hopefully he won't fizzle out like other winners of this type of competition, remember David Sneddon he was incredible but you never hear of him any more.

nanoo
16-Dec-07, 17:21
I watched the final this morning and I'm absolutely delighted that Leon won, I've been wanting him to win all along! He has a fantastic voice for such a young guy, hopefully he won't fizzle out like other winners of this type of competition, remember David Sneddon he was incredible but you never hear of him any more. David Sneddon didn't have Simon Cowell Julia, look at Leona Lewis and Shayne Ward, also Will Young. Granted S. Ward and W.Young do a lot of song writing now as well so they are still making big bucks. Leona is the one to aspire to, in just one year she is selling her records all over the world and she hopes to break into the American pop world soon, that's something Robbie Williams has been trying to do for years and he still can't do it. Simon Cowell is so well liked over the pond, if anyone can do it, he will.;)

trix
16-Dec-07, 18:21
talkin long term, i bet e blonde guy makes more ££s than leon will ever make...

floyed
16-Dec-07, 18:27

You are right trix's, but leon is soooo cute, i was crying when he won ahhhh:lol:

trix
16-Dec-07, 18:30
You are right trix's, but leon is soooo cute, i was crying when he won ahhhh:lol:

aw...bless ;)

angela5
16-Dec-07, 18:33

Ye've forgotten his name already.:lol:

trix
16-Dec-07, 18:44
Ye've forgotten his name already.:lol:

busted...[lol]

unicorn
16-Dec-07, 18:49
Rhydeeeeyaaan [lol]

TBH
16-Dec-07, 19:58
I think rhydian is part of an alien advance party scouting earth for the purpose of invasion.:eek: He looks like a freaky alien from the planet rhydian.

nanoo
17-Dec-07, 12:41
It's in the papers this morning that Simon Cowell offered a recording contract to Rydian at the weekend, he had intended to do so anyway at the start of next year, but he decided on now because of the interest Andrew Lloy Webber has shown in him, so this will tie him to Simon Cowell. Papers also say he is thrashing out a deal with Same Difference as well. So everybody wins eh?:roll:

nanoo
17-Dec-07, 13:23
I also meant to say that, in the daily papers today, the Welsh voters are complaining about the telephone lines being snarled up when they were trying to vote. Well i would like to point out that it took me (in Scotland) 1 hour and 15 minutes (fully) to get my vote registered. I have to say that i thought the lines were deliberately tied up to stop Scottish voters. Seems we were all wrong as the voting was so fierce on Saturday night anyway.;)

percy toboggan
17-Dec-07, 22:46
I have to say that i thought the lines were deliberately tied up to stop Scottish voters..

Oh come on !!!
How much of a persecution complex can some Scottish people have??
Don't make me laugh. Scots voted for Leon in their droves simply because he is Scottish, and some others because in their eyes they thought him the best act.

English people - less hooked up on nationalism and narrow thinking -despite Cowell's attempts to make this a nationalistic affair, voted for who they thought was best on the night -which was not the siblings singers, even though they were English. Leon does not have anything special. He can sing a bit but that's all. I admit his version of 'You Don't Knoe Me' was exceptionally good - it's a style of song that suits him.

Rhydian has an excellent voice and he has a certain something - an 'x' factor if you want to call it that. All three acts will work for a long, long time but none of them will ever be top drawer performers. This show is not about turning up superstars, just entertainment.

honey
18-Dec-07, 12:40
i couldnt get through to vote for Leon on saturday night, so maybe i should start complaining too..

Its the same every year though, people are always complaining, its just sour grapes.

Im delighted Leon won though, think its the best result for everyone, inclusing rhydian!

nanoo
18-Dec-07, 13:03
i couldnt get through to vote for Leon on saturday night, so maybe i should start complaining too..

Its the same every year though, people are always complaining, its just sour grapes.

Im delighted Leon won though, think its the best result for everyone, inclusing rhydian! My sentiments exactly Honey. ;)