PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton World Champion

Boozeburglar
20-Oct-07, 19:49
One of the greatest talents to come into motorsport.

I would have loved to see him sparring with Schum and Senna, but we shall have to settle for watching him make the rest of the current field look pedestrian.

Go on boy, make my day and win it tomorrow, you are an inspiration!

;)

footie chick
20-Oct-07, 19:51
Will be cheering Lewis Hamilton on come you rookie?? You deserve it ! A true sporting GR8

johno
20-Oct-07, 20:07
yep i,ll be cheering him on too, hope he pull.s it off.

Punk_Bassist
20-Oct-07, 20:30
Yes with you all the way Lewis hopefully being the 1st placed winner as well.

Anne x
20-Oct-07, 21:00
I will be glued tomorrow at 4 a great amabassador for sport win or loose hes only a boy yet with a fantastic future good luck Lewis

Camel Spider
20-Oct-07, 22:55
Really hope he does it tomorrow .. just hope the thread title hasnt jinxed him though .. :roll:

Have to go for Massa for the win though.

Housewifie
20-Oct-07, 23:25
It would be wonderful if he does.

Welcomefamily
21-Oct-07, 00:21
I will be glued tomorrow at 4 a great amabassador for sport win or loose hes only a boy yet with a fantastic future good luck Lewis

He certainly has, its unbelievable what he done in his first year.

horseman
21-Oct-07, 00:29
He is the bees knees an a total credit to all britain.:)

Camel Spider
23-Oct-07, 06:51
Its just a shame that the one bad performance he has had all year had to come in this race. He should have wrapped it up in China but after all he is only 22 and in his first season.

Hopefully next year .. ;)

Mr_Me19
23-Oct-07, 07:53
There has been some disputes over fuel. (only caught a few seconds on the radio)

From what I heard, certain teams had fuel at a lower temperature than normal and this apparently gives them an advantage. If those who had the incorrect fuel are disqualified then Hamilton will be moved up to 4th (I think it was 4th) and so take the title.

elamanya
23-Oct-07, 07:59
hey sky news were brill all day sunday lewis was engerlands last hope for sporting glory but when he lost he was british .... he he ..

JAWS
23-Oct-07, 08:54
There was a problem over the fuel temperatures of a couple of the teams which was found by people from the Ruling Body who considered the matter and decided to take no action.

I gather that the advantage provided by the cooler fuel gives an advantage of parts of a second or so. Whilst this may not sound a lot but when you are measuring differences in lap times between some drivers in hundredths of a second it can obviously make a large difference.
The advantage only lasts for three or four laps before the fuel reaches the same temperature as everyone else’s.

I would think that, even if the appeal against the decision is upheld, the drivers involved will not be disqualified because, in effect, they gained no real advantage.
Had Hamilton just been "pipped at the post" by them I suspect the decision would have been different but as the result was not affected in any way I can't see any changes being made.
I don't think McLaren expect any changes either, I suspect they are just appealing the decision because it is expected of them and there would be some surprise if the hadn't.

The one thing I admire about Hamilton is that, unlike some drivers, he admits when he's made a mistake and does not try to blame others neither does he throw his toys out of the pram and storm off having tantrums.

Elamanya, don't worry, Nigel Mansell was the last "British" driver to win the World Championship but we don't get upset that he is not always described as the last "English" World Champion, neither do we mind Jim Clark and Jackie Stewart being described as "Scottish" Champions either, it doesn't seem worth getting hot under the collar about because, like it or not, we all live on the same Island.

johno
23-Oct-07, 11:46
i would certainly give the title of best drive to hamilton for sheer guts & a brilliant drive given the circumstances . to come back after ending up 18th then the car losing power. he is indeed a true race driver. but if they were to make him world champ through disqualifing the bmw,s & the sauber,s over the fuel dispute i myself would that that would be very wrong. the mac merc team were already let off for using two sets of a particular tyre.
think maclaren will lose a lot of respect over their complaint with the fuel. :~(

scorrie
23-Oct-07, 11:49
Elamanya, don't worry, Nigel Mansell was the last "British" driver to win the World Championship

Damon Hill was the last British Driver to win (1996), Mansell won in 1992.

ber219
23-Oct-07, 11:50
I dont think Formula 1 has much respect left anyway. The whole season is down to who has the best car.......put Lewis Hamilton in one of the Hondas and he would have been nowhere, exactly like Jenson Button.

I say all drivers should drive the same cars with the same engines etc....only then will you see who is the best driver.

ashaw1
23-Oct-07, 13:32
There has been some disputes over fuel. (only caught a few seconds on the radio)

From what I heard, certain teams had fuel at a lower temperature than normal and this apparently gives them an advantage. If those who had the incorrect fuel are disqualified then Hamilton will be moved up to 4th (I think it was 4th) and so take the title.
To be honest i really don't think Lewis would really want to win in this way. I think he would rather finish where he did that to win on a technicality.

nikki
23-Oct-07, 13:37
Heard a bit on the radio this morning where hamilton was saying that he didnt want the teams to be disqualified, because he wouldn't feel right taking the title from someone else because of it.

johno
23-Oct-07, 14:07
Heard a bit on the radio this morning where hamilton was saying that he didnt want the teams to be disqualified, because he wouldn't feel right taking the title from someone else because of it.
And on that point i agree , but put the boot on the other foot Rakkinen would have had no qualms about taking the title had the situation been the other way around as he is no great sportsman & a poor loser.