PDA

View Full Version : What height for TV Stand?

Liz
19-Oct-07, 19:09
I am treating myself to a 32" LCD but am not sure which height of stand to put it on to view at eye level? The TV is 24 inches in height.
I don't want to put it on the wall.

Would be grateful for advice please!:D

Julia
19-Oct-07, 20:41
Hi Liz

My 32" is on a 20" high stand, I think it's an average height, any higher might overwhelm the room.

Another good thing with LCD tv's is they don't take up very much room on the stand, leaves plenty of room for remotes etc..

scorrie
19-Oct-07, 21:06
I am treating myself to a 32" LCD but am not sure which height of stand to put it on to view at eye level? The TV is 24 inches in height.
I don't want to put it on the wall.

Would be grateful for advice please!:D

Really depends on the height of your furniture Liz. Also depends whether you tend to sit upright, slouch or lie down to do your viewing. If you sit in your normal viewing position and measure your eye-level you could then try to get a stand that brings the centre of the tv's vertical height to your eye-level. That should make for the ideal height to avoid having to look up or down much.

carasmam
19-Oct-07, 22:13
Hey Liz - further to our conversation on the will thread - I'll take care of the 32" tv for you when the time comes [lol];)

Liz
19-Oct-07, 22:20
Hi Liz

My 32" is on a 20" high stand, I think it's an average height, any higher might overwhelm the room.

Another good thing with LCD tv's is they don't take up very much room on the stand, leaves plenty of room for remotes etc..

Thanks Julia!

Really depends on the height of your furniture Liz. Also depends whether you tend to sit upright, slouch or lie down to do your viewing. If you sit in your normal viewing position and measure your eye-level you could then try to get a stand that brings the centre of the tv's vertical height to your eye-level. That should make for the ideal height to avoid having to look up or down much.

I slouch and lie down I'm afraid! I will try your suggestion thanks!

Hey Liz - further to our conversation on the will thread - I'll take care of the 32" tv for you when the time comes [lol]

Crikey I havena got it yet and you want it!!!!!!!:lol: Hope that technology will have improved even more by the time I shuffle off this mortal coil! lol

northener
19-Oct-07, 22:28
Level up the telly so it's comfortable when you are slouching.

Then dig a hole between your favourite slouching chair and the telly.

Then, if you want to watch telly whilst standing up, all you have to do is stand in the hole and you'll find the telly is still lined up perfectly.