PDA

View Full Version : Oil Heating Good Or Bad???

katrina
19-Oct-07, 14:25
Was thinking of having oil installed but dont have a clue about costs and how long the tank will last etc. I have a house with 2 bedrooms has anyone had it installed lately, how much can i roughly expect to pay and is it quite economical in use?

wifie
19-Oct-07, 15:28
We have a 1200L tank which cost us over £300 for about a 1000L earlier this year. We need to fill roughly about once a year. That price has gone up massively on the previous year. We live in a three bedroomed quite new house with good insulation so depending how much heat you need will impact on your need to fill the tank. I am not keen on the oil as our garden is quite small and the tank takes up a bit of room. Our boiler is situated in the kitchen and I think it can be a bit smelly (but maybe that is just me thinking it smells) and the exhaust type part of it (not sure of technical term) on the outside wall definitely smells when it is working! I prefer nice clean electricity which I have had before and loved but I know there are peeps on the Org who hate it - so each to there own. Hope this is some help Katrina!

Bananas
19-Oct-07, 17:29
Just for interest, I had a delivery made to my tank in error a few years back. I instructed the fuel company to come and take back what they had delivered and leave my original oil in the tank. Needless to say, I got a good price for the incorrectly delivered lot.