PDA

View Full Version : Idiots

Ash
15-Oct-07, 17:46
my sister lives in high ormlie and she got her living room window smashed yesterday, kids with golf balls, its just soo silly! it could have been alot worse her son could have been in the room and been hit[evil]

karia
15-Oct-07, 17:54
my sister lives in high ormlie and she got her living room window smashed yesterday, kids with golf balls, its just soo silly! it could have been alot worse her son could have been in the room and been hit[evil]

Hi Ash,

Were they playing golf, albeit badly, or simply lobbing golf balls at windows?:confused

Karia

jings00
15-Oct-07, 17:54
glad they are okay though? but aye, there are a fair few o them (idiots) goin about.

Ash
15-Oct-07, 18:02
outside her front door there is a wee grassy bit and they were playing there, but behind that there is a HUGE field so they could have played there, few other windows were smashed, if it was an accident they should have come to door and apologised

jings00
15-Oct-07, 18:06
too much like common sense to go to the big field though. or even the golf course, na, too obvious.

karia
15-Oct-07, 18:10
I am amazed that golf has taken off in such a big way with youngsters, I always thought it was perceived as a bit of an old man's sport....waste of a good walk and the like!:roll:

karia

Thumper
15-Oct-07, 18:29
I am amazed that golf has taken off in such a big way with youngsters, I always thought it was perceived as a bit of an old man's sport....waste of a good walk and the like!

karia
Totally agree with you karia!Golf must be the most boring sport there is.Think the kids do it just so they can whack the ball for miles.Mine are banned from playing with balls :eek: like that...or even worse, the clubs as they swing them round their heads like mad things :roll: x

karia
15-Oct-07, 18:32
Totally agree with you karia!Golf must be the most boring sport there is.Think the kids do it just so they can whack the ball for miles.Mine are banned from playing with balls like that...or even worse, the clubs as they swing them round their heads like mad things x

I know thumper,

Keeping the wee mites in Pringle accessories and golf shoes doesn't come cheap either!;)

Fore!:lol:

Thumper
15-Oct-07, 18:53
I know thumper,

Keeping the wee mites in Pringle accessories and golf shoes doesn't come cheap either!

Fore!:lol:
My goodness karia.....mine would not be seen in anything less than Pringle even just out playing [lol] x

karia
15-Oct-07, 18:57
My goodness karia.....mine would not be seen in anything less than Pringle even just out playing [lol] x

I blame Tiger Woods!:eek:

Kxx

Thumper
15-Oct-07, 19:00
I blame Tiger Woods!:eek:

Kxx

[lol] nice one karia xx

trix
15-Oct-07, 19:59
I am amazed that golf has taken off in such a big way with youngsters, I always thought it was perceived as a bit of an old man's sport....waste of a good walk and the like!

karia

hi karia, not at all lek, i used til work in e golf club for a cpl years an ye wid be surprised at how many bairns went, i certainally wis.
mind ye, it wis all bairns whose faithers went so they probly heard their dads goin on aboot it an thot it wis cool!!

i loved workin ayre (lots o fit men, wi plenty o ££s) :lol:

alot o wemin went to. i even tried it once - ma handicap wis standin wi a club in ma hand tho [lol]

think il stick til e 19th...

karia
15-Oct-07, 20:08
hi karia, not at all lek, i used til work in e golf club for a cpl years an ye wid be surprised at how many bairns went, i certainally wis.
mind ye, it wis all bairns whose faithers went so they probly heard their dads goin on aboot it an thot it wis cool!!

i loved workin ayre (lots o fit men, wi plenty o ££s) :lol:

alot o wemin went to. i even tried it once - ma handicap wis standin wi a club in ma hand tho [lol]

think il stick til e 19th...

That's my handicap too trix!

AKxx

orkneylass
15-Oct-07, 20:31
Kids, green space, ball games - yes, every now and again an accident happens....not a big deal surely?

ber219
15-Oct-07, 20:38
I couldn't agree more orkneylass. Yes they could have used a larger area but hey kids dont think like adults...i believe they call it childhood.

On the streets or on the fields...i know which i'd prefer!

wifie
15-Oct-07, 20:49
Orkneylass and ber219 - ball games are one thing but flying golf balls are no joke. Serious damage could be caused to someones head never mind the damage mentioned here to a window. Golf should be kept on the course or they could use the plastic practice balls which are much safer. You think this idiocy is preferable to playing on the streets - I am sorry but I think it is much the same.

ber219
15-Oct-07, 21:05
Accidents are Accidents. If they were aiming at the windows well then that is stupid but Im sure they wouldn't have been.

wifie
15-Oct-07, 21:12
Ash mentioned a wee grassy bit infront of her sister's door - "accident" waiting to happen perhaps.

Anne x
15-Oct-07, 21:14
A Very unfortunate accident would of been better if they had come to the door and said sorry !!! Kids will be Kids with no amount of open space avaliable to them to play in or let of steam
The People in High Ormlie are doing such a good job with the kids with activities etc all over the holidays

Cant see how it can be Tigers fault one of the best golfers in the world maybe just be pleased it wasnt Johnny Wilkinson with his kick !!! of course had it of been Colin Montgomerie well there is another story

Ash
15-Oct-07, 22:04
i will inform those who think its an "accident" another window was broken, im sorry but if it was ur window im sure you woud be happy about it, would it be ok if my nephew or sister was in the room when it happened

Anne x
15-Oct-07, 22:14
i will inform those who think its an "accident" another window was broken, im sorry but if it was ur window im sure you woud be happy about it, would it be ok if my nephew or sister was in the room when it happened

I am quite sure Ash had it been our home we would all feel different but accidents really do happen and I wish you and your family no harm and wish them well
I refer to a previous thread when The Mindless Vandals Came up My Drive and did damage to my property

BRIE
16-Oct-07, 11:45
It might of been an accident but its still a big deal when YOUR the one paying for the repair!
We got our daughters bedroom window broken not long ago, not by a golf ball but by an idiot firing a metal ballbearing BB gun at it! my daughter & baby were in the room at the time.
was it a child?? No it was a woman!
Police told us to claim on our insurance,now thats justice for you![evil]

Thumper
16-Oct-07, 12:30
I must agree Brie that this seems unfair!Surely the person who broke it should be made to pay for the repairs?I would hate to have to claim on my insurance as it only makes the price of it go up [evil] which is unfair if the person that has damaged it has been caught.Yes accidents do happen and no matter what we do kids will be kids but an adult doing that sort of thing is beyond belief :( x

anneoctober
16-Oct-07, 23:34
It might of been an accident but its still a big deal when YOUR the one paying for the repair!
We got our daughters bedroom window broken not long ago, not by a golf ball but by an idiot firing a metal ballbearing BB gun at it! my daughter & baby were in the room at the time.
was it a child?? No it was a woman!
Police told us to claim on our insurance,now thats justice for you!
did it take long to coax the boabies oot o the polis station?:lol: Another example of non policing in Caithness. Its amazing how many times the victim of a crime has to pay one way or another while the destructive little beggers get away wi it. [disgust]

crashbandicoot1979
17-Oct-07, 09:36
Playing golf in public places (i.e. place which are not golf courses, driving ranges etc) is ridiculously dangerous. Years ago my auntie was walking past the Dammies with my sister who was in her buggy, just a toddler at the time. There were boys playing golf in the Dammies, and one of the golf balls landed smack in the buggy next to my sister! Just imagine the damage that would have done if it had hit her on the head. Not only are the balls hard, but with the force of the swing, it might have even killed her. She still has the golf ball to this day though. I was only 6 at the time and was more fascinated by the fact that the golf ball was luminous yellow than the fact it had almost hit her!!!

Fair enough, kids will be kids but if they're interested in playing golf, their parents should make sure they're doing it in a suitable place. What if Ash's nephew/daughter had been playing in the garden? The ball could just as easily have hit them and not the window.

wifie
17-Oct-07, 10:31
Thank goodness - someone who realises how dangerous this could be!

oldmarine
17-Oct-07, 23:43
I am amazed that golf has taken off in such a big way with youngsters, I always thought it was perceived as a bit of an old man's sport....waste of a good walk and the like!:roll:

karia

I played golf when I was younger. Now that I am older I gave up the game.

Lolabelle
18-Oct-07, 07:01
Sound to me that these windows being smashed by golf balls is no accident.
An accident would be if they broke one window, and the way Ash has described these incidents indicates that the golfers (youths) either don't care, or are doing it deliberately.
One broken window and a few kids legging it away giggling would be an accident, even it they didn't apologise.
More than one????? :eek:

BRIE
18-Oct-07, 15:31
did it take long to coax the boabies oot o the polis station?:lol: Another example of non policing in Caithness. Its amazing how many times the victim of a crime has to pay one way or another while the destructive little beggers get away wi it. [disgust]

the police were out straight away but that was probably because i told them she had a gun at that point i couldnt tell if it was a real one or not.