PDA

View Full Version : Line Dropping

bekisman
15-Oct-07, 08:30
Not a technical question, but has anyone experienced their line dropping a couple of times between 19.07 and 20.30 each night for the past week? - I'm out west and on Virgin.net broadband, Virgin says it's nothing to do with them (I wonder)?

johno
15-Oct-07, 09:35
Not a technical question, but has anyone experienced their line dropping a couple of times between 19.07 and 20.30 each night for the past week? - I'm out west and on Virgin.net broadband, Virgin says it's nothing to do with them (I wonder)?
if you mean losing the broadband connection. yep that,s happened to me to.
im with aol and i just put down to some kinda giltch. did,nt bother me to much as i just logged on again & all was well again. :roll:

crofter
16-Oct-07, 00:13
My connection went off completely on 28th of May and Virgin said it wasn't them and BT came out twice and said it wasn't them. Spent a fortune phoning Virgin until latterly they told me they could not give me a connection anymore. I tried various other ISPs but I was branded as no broadband possible yet I had it for over a year. Eventually Pipex took me on to find I could not get a connection. After 6 weeks of constantly phoning them they eventually arranged another visit from BT. By this time it was 17th of September but this BT engineer wasn't 1/2 an hour and he had my connection back. A fault on the BT line 113m from my house.