PDA

View Full Version : 'Simple' Tasks

karia
14-Oct-07, 13:48
Hi There,

Is there a seemingly simple everyday task that somehow manages to defeat you?

For example, I have a friend who cannot cook rice, he is a computer wizard and a mathematical genius but rice dumbfounds him.:confused

To my chagrin and embarrassment, I can't wrap presents,...not even books or DVD's!

Share your shortcomings.;)

Karia

canuck
14-Oct-07, 13:52
pssssst karia... over here where I can talk quietly. I don't really want to admit this. But sometimes I don't understand j4bberw0lk and Rheghead when they get into one of their mind bending debates.

karia
14-Oct-07, 14:00
pssssst karia... over here where I can talk quietly. I don't really want to admit this. But sometimes I don't understand j4bberw0lk and Rheghead when they get into one of their mind bending debates.

I said 'simple' tasks Canuck!;)

Karia

Anne x
14-Oct-07, 14:01

Canuck neither Can I so your not alone !!! mind you whats that old saying Bull---- baffles brains

Margaret M.
14-Oct-07, 14:06
I can't caulk. I even bought one of those kit thingies that makes it too simple for words but no, I managed to mess it up. I've learned to bypass any bread recipe that calls for kneading.

hotrod4
14-Oct-07, 14:11
I cant draw to save my life!! I especially cant draw a horse it always ends up looking like a cow!!

lady penelope
14-Oct-07, 14:17
I can't seem to keep my house tidy. Everytime I look something else needs done!:mad:

Maybe I'll just get rid of the kids and animals.[lol]

I'm not very good at washing the windows.They always go all streaky and yuck.

orkneylass
14-Oct-07, 14:25
have over 50 houseplants but can never keep ivy alive indoors

justine
14-Oct-07, 14:28
Hi There,

For example, I have a friend who cannot cook rice, he is a computer wizard and a mathematical genius but rice dumbfounds him.:confused

To my chagrin and embarrassment, I can't wrap presents,...not even books or DVD's!

Karia

I tackle 8 kids every day,cook for them and do everything that a mother is supposed to do but like you friend i cant cook rice either.It turns out as stodge....I am good at electrics and the likes of but if i could cook the perfect rice i would love it.....But i suppose if i think hard enough i culd probably come up with a list the legnth of my school report of which i get stuck with...

Anne x
14-Oct-07, 14:48
Hi There,

Karia

I cannot make Lentil Soup or Broth properly and It drives me mad obviously with the lentils I get the amount wrong and the barley have tried and tried all other kinds of soup fine

orkneylass
14-Oct-07, 15:12
I tackle 8 kids every day,cook for them and do everything that a mother is supposed to do but like you friend i cant cook rice either.It turns out as stodge....I am good at electrics and the likes of but if i could cook the perfect rice i would love it.....But i suppose if i think hard enough i culd probably come up with a list the legnth of my school report of which i get stuck with...

I use easy cook rice and do it in a microwave if that is something you have not tried.

golach
14-Oct-07, 15:17
I use easy cook rice and do it in a microwave if that is something you have not tried.
Me too orkneylass, easy peasy

Ricco
14-Oct-07, 15:25
I can do most things reasonably well - but I'll be blowed if I can play a musicl instrument or draw. My horses look like dogs and my dogs look like cows.:eek:

northener
14-Oct-07, 16:08
I can't fly.

No matter how many times I jump out of the bedroom window, it never works. I've tried wearing my duffel coat like a cape, flapping my arms like a madman, even tried shouting "to infinity and beyond!". - Nothing works.

Apart from those pills I took one night thinking they were Smarties.....wooooooah:eek:

Margaret M.
14-Oct-07, 16:20
LOL, Northerner, I often dream that I am flying around a room -- sure wish that was an option. Can you imagine if we all could fly? How fun, especially when I'm flying over someone whom is not on my good side. :)

I don't consider drawing and playing a musical instrument a simple task -- those are talents, talents that unfortunately, I don't have.

coastown
14-Oct-07, 16:35
I cannot boil an egg without it cracking ,have tried lots of solutions but to no avail .

Anne x
14-Oct-07, 16:38
I cannot boil an egg without it cracking ,have tried lots of solutions but to no avail .

put some salt in the water it appears to work at least I can do that ,I have had the Mick taken about my soup post oh how to feel inferior with a good man able to make Soup lol

Sandra_B
14-Oct-07, 16:39
I can't fry an egg without bursting the yolk.

coastown
14-Oct-07, 16:44
put some salt in the water it appears to work at least I can do that ,I have had the Mick taken about my soup post oh how to feel inferior with a good man able to make Soup lol
tried that one to

Julia
14-Oct-07, 16:47
I've done loads of conservation work in the past and I've turned my hand to dry-stone dyking, pointing, bridge building etc.. but I just cannot aim a sledgehammer!

karia
14-Oct-07, 16:54
I've done loads of conservation work in the past and I've turned my hand to dry-stone dyking, pointing, bridge building etc.. but I just cannot aim a sledgehammer!

Perhaps that's just as well Julia, there are laws against that sort of thing!;)

karia

helenwyler
14-Oct-07, 17:16
I can't swim more than 10 yards, and I can't reverse park...I rarely manage without several goes:roll:. Luckily I don't get any stick from MrW because he's hardly any better!!

And there are a few things I pretend I can't do very well, so himself has to do them;)!!

karia
14-Oct-07, 17:18
I can't swim more than 10 yards, and I can't reverse park...I rarely manage without several goes Luckily I don't get any stick from MrW because he's hardly any better!!

And there are a few things I pretend I can't do very well, so himself has to do them;)!!

And you can't empty your mailbox...I just got informed that it is full again!;)

karia

helenwyler
14-Oct-07, 17:27
And you can't empty your mailbox...I just got informed that it is full again!

karia

haha[lol]! That too...the list could be endless:eek:!

Will rectify forthwith!

rockchick
14-Oct-07, 18:46
I cannot hit or catch a moving ball, or throw with any sort of accuracy. The cliche about missing the side of a barn was probably written with me in mind!

My sports options are pretty much limited to golf, cuz the ball is stationary when you hit it...

Victoria
14-Oct-07, 19:05

I buy the boil in the bag stuff - its sooo much easier!![lol]

karia
14-Oct-07, 19:07
Walking in heels over 2 inches.

Applying eyeliner. (preferred method ..apply to entire eyelid and remove what you don't need!) ;)

Fastening my bra behind my back.

Opening bottles and jars without breaking the seal by hammering with a blunt object first..especially good with glass jars!:eek:

Accepting that the freezer really is full and can't take another 'bargain', no matter how slender.

karia

orkneylass
14-Oct-07, 19:10
I'm with you on the high heels - am convinced that if I could walk in 3" heels and wear contact lenses instead of glasses (can't do that), no man would be able to resist me.

footie chick
14-Oct-07, 19:11
re the rice

recently on Jamie oliver there was a spicy pork goulash his advice for rice which works is add the rice to boilling salted water for ten mins drain in a sieve/collinder keeping some of the water, return the water to the pan place the rice in the sieve/collinder over the water and put lid on top steam for 10 mins PERFECT.

karia
14-Oct-07, 19:13
Hi Orkneylass,

I should add

Avoiding mini stollen until Christmas!;)

karia

orkneylass
14-Oct-07, 19:17
OOOH....so cruel to remind me...all that hypnosis wasted.

karia
14-Oct-07, 19:23
OOOH....so cruel to remind me...all that hypnosis wasted.

LOL, Nice one!:lol:

karia

Thumper
14-Oct-07, 20:01
I can't fly a kite :( No matter how hard I try it always just drop's to the ground usually breaking into tiny pieces in the process.On the bright side I am pretty darn good at rice [lol] x

golach
14-Oct-07, 20:08
Walking in heels over 2 inches.
Applying eyeliner. (preferred method ..apply to entire eyelid and remove what you don't need!)
Fastening my bra behind my back.
Opening bottles and jars without breaking the seal by hammering with a blunt object first..especially good with glass jars!
karia
I never have problems such as you have mentioned I have no need for high heels,or mascara, Karia,[lol] but try putting a rubber band around the said top of the jar or bottle, and twist, it works every time.

Dadie
14-Oct-07, 20:36
I cant wrap pressies without making them look like a fish supper from the chippie!
I cant cut a neep in half!
cut a slice of bread straight i always end up with a thin side and a thick bit like a door wedge!
(i dont get anywhere near the electrics or power tools..)

karia
14-Oct-07, 20:42
Ah Dadie,

I loved the trend for wrapping pressies to look like Christmas crackers..not that I managed that either!:confused

Why would you want to cut a neep in half when it is so much easier to hurl into the bin in one piece![lol]

Karia

horseman
14-Oct-07, 21:29
Ah Dadie,

I loved the trend for wrapping pressies to look like Christmas crackers..not that I managed that either!:confused

Why would you want to cut a neep in half when it is so much easier to hurl into the bin in one piece![lol]

Karia

Can't stop laughing at that one karia,straight up my chuckle ally( an I am not allowed a smiley here) grr!

karia
14-Oct-07, 21:34
Can't stop laughing at that one karia,straight up my chuckle ally( an I am not allowed a smiley here) grr!

Thank you horseman!;)

kariax

wifie
14-Oct-07, 21:43
Gift bags, Karia, gift bags (always karia gift bag he he).

telfordstar
14-Oct-07, 21:48
Im a microwave rice person as well always turns out good haha

The one thing that stumps me everytime is poached eggs i cannot poach an egg for anything have tried all my mums tricks and tips from ready steady cook bt still the little blighters get the better of me so much so i gave up trying:)

karia
14-Oct-07, 21:50
Gift bags, Karia, gift bags (always karia gift bag he he).

Agreed Wifie!:)

However..

My pals would peek if it wasn't made safe wi' the old sellotape though!;)

kariax

footie chick
14-Oct-07, 22:20
[quote=Dadie;283420]
quote]

simple you just stick the knife in and bang the whole lot on the chopping board until it splits in half {if you curse at it, it seems to work :lol:} I cannot be held resposibile for the strange looks you get from passersby :lol:

karia
14-Oct-07, 22:38
AAhha!

Flying Daggers ..chopped swedes!

House of the slayed carrot!

I knew these bloomin' films made sense!:roll:;)

karia

Julia
14-Oct-07, 23:04
I've remembered a very simple thing that I cannot do.....

climb a ladder...! Too scared to go past the second rung:eek:

karia
14-Oct-07, 23:09
There's a second rung?:eek:

kariaxx

wifie
15-Oct-07, 21:07
Anne x Easy peasy lentil soup never fails use 4 pints of stock and 3oz lentils add a couple of onions and a couple of carrots (or any amount or type of veg you fancy), no sweating of veg required, just hurl it all in a big pan, bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes. I whizz mine (technical term for hand held liquidising) and I prefer it the next day but it never fails!

northener
15-Oct-07, 21:22
[quote=Dadie;283420]
quote]

simple you just stick the knife in and bang the whole lot on the chopping board until it splits in half {if you curse at it, it seems to work :lol:} I cannot be held resposibile for the strange looks you get from passersby :lol:

FootieChick,

Regarding attacking neeps with knives and cursing:

If you do this indoors you'll get less funny looks off passers by!

George Brims
15-Oct-07, 21:38
I can't caulk. I even bought one of those kit thingies that makes it too simple for words but no, I managed to mess it up. I've learned to bypass any bread recipe that calls for kneading.
I discovered the solution to my similar inability to caulk neatly. Unfortunately it was an $800 variable-speed electric caulking gun.

However the kneading part I have taken care of with a bread machine (a lot less than $800).

Another thing I can't do - spray paint. However my son is absolutely brilliant at it, whereas he is hopeless with a brush, which is my strength.

Anne x
15-Oct-07, 21:41
Anne x Easy peasy lentil soup never fails use 4 pints of stock and 3oz lentils add a couple of onions and a couple of carrots (or any amount or type of veg you fancy), no sweating of veg required, just hurl it all in a big pan, bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes. I whizz mine (technical term for hand held liquidising) and I prefer it the next day but it never fails!

thanks wifie will let you know tomorrow night
Ax

the charlatans
15-Oct-07, 22:07
i can't get the wee plastic top off a bottle of milk without spilling it, crying and being a cliche.

karia
15-Oct-07, 22:19
i can't get the wee plastic top off a bottle of milk without spilling it, crying and being a cliche.

Yeah, but you are 'our' (very special) cliche.

Where have you been.?..in times gone by it was Saturday Night ..5pm..here come the charlatans..wi a post!...

...regular as...but better than!:eek:

Still lovin' your work!

kariaxx

the charlatans
15-Oct-07, 22:23
aww bless.

i've been away wrestling with milk carton tops. ooo the bane of my life at the 3am when bairn c is hungry. then i pour the flaming milk all over the counter down my leg and all over the floor. when asked why, it was because i could only open one eye and misjudged my co-ordination.
i love my dog. he cleans it all up.
other simple tasks. i cannot reverse my car without avoiding telegraph poles or inaminate objects such as my mothers car. the mechanic is naming his house extension after me.
i think i'll stick to the org, its less taxing.

Thumper
15-Oct-07, 22:25
I have just thought of another simple task I can't do.....I can't say no :( x

karia
15-Oct-07, 22:29
I have just thought of another simple task I can't do.....I can't say no x

Aye ye can!

I am a waiting..!

Go on an do it!:eek:

I am braced and you will feel better!:eek:
kariaxx

Thumper
15-Oct-07, 22:32
Aye ye can!

I am a waiting..!

Go on an do it!

I am braced and you will feel better!:eek:
kariaxx
Nope................... I just canna do it [lol] x

mccaugm
15-Oct-07, 22:59
I can't seem to keep my house tidy. Everytime I look something else needs done!:mad:

Maybe I'll just get rid of the kids and animals.[lol]

I'm not very good at washing the windows.They always go all streaky and yuck.

I know what you mean...a well meaning friend once told me that "Housework expands to fit the time you have to devote to it"....it seems to have expanded into 3 kids, 2 cats and one husband.....and all their food requirements, ironing, washing...etc etc

Margaret M.
15-Oct-07, 23:37
I discovered the solution to my similar inability to caulk neatly. Unfortunately it was an $800 variable-speed electric caulking gun.

$800 Yikes, still it's probably a good investment, it's impossible to find someone to do small jobbies like caulking.

mccaugm
16-Oct-07, 00:00
:eek:
$800 Yikes, still it's probably a good investment, it's impossible to find someone to do small jobbies like caulking.

Excuse my ignorance but what is caulking?

Margaret M.
16-Oct-07, 00:17

You know, now that I think about it, it's not something that I've seen done in Scotland. My explanation will be about as good as my caulking. Caulking is a substance that is applied around bathtubs, showers, etc., instead of rubber moulding to prevent water from getting into the wall. It is also used to put a nice finish on and fill gaps between kitchen countertops, baseboards, crown moulding, mantels etc., and the walls.

Moi x
16-Oct-07, 01:20
My first post should be a simple task but I'm petrified. Please don't shout at me if I get something wrong.

Moi x

George Brims
16-Oct-07, 01:40

You can also use the word to refer to making a boat waterproof, though that wasn't what we were talking about here.

golach
16-Oct-07, 09:11
My first post should be a simple task but I'm petrified. Please don't shout at me if I get something wrong.

Moi x
Why are you pertified? You done good, welcome [lol]

Angela
16-Oct-07, 09:18
Moi x, you are very welcome to the Org! :)

Hope you have fun posting -there, that wasn't so bad, was it? :D

Anne x
16-Oct-07, 09:35
moi x welcome to the org and happy posting

Moi x
17-Oct-07, 00:23
Thank you for your welcoming words. I'm shy in unfamiliar company but I come out of my shell when I get to know people.

Moi x

Lolabelle
17-Oct-07, 02:19
Hi Moi x and welcome to the org.

I can't seem to ever find important bits of paper when Dave needs them.
I can't for the life of me make a poached egg that doesn't look like white and yellow string.
I can't seem to keep on task when I should be working, I keep being distracted by the org. :eek: (Maybe that's why the papers get lost??)
I can't cook for less than 40. After 20 years "cheffing" I can't cook for just me and Dave.

I'm sure there is more, but there is someone at the door ;)

Bobinovich
17-Oct-07, 11:08
Not so much a simple task problem as a general condition, I have a short-term memory which would embarrass a goldfish :roll:

Dadie
17-Oct-07, 14:19
I cant cook for just two either..i tend to cook for the 5000!

wifie
23-Oct-07, 11:30
Big sorry to anyone who tried to make this it is 3 pints of stock and 4oz lentils! Oops

Anne x
23-Oct-07, 11:35
Big sorry to anyone who tried to make this it is 3 pints of stock and 4oz lentils! Oops

Wifie like I said thought it was just me and the dreaded Lentil Soup curse
thanks

Ax

Tighsonas4
23-Oct-07, 13:06
HI ALL
CAN MAKE LENTIL SOUP .LOT EASIER THAN WORKING THIS FORUM>
WHEN AT SCHOOL LONG TIME AGO. THE ARTS TEACHER HAD ONE
LOOK AT MY EFFORT AND NEVER CAME BACK. PS CAN BOIL AN
EGG THOUGH. TOO EACH HIS OWN EH???
REGARDS TONY[lol]

Thumper
23-Oct-07, 13:08
I rememeber making rice pudding for me and my new hubby and i had trained as a chef so thought everything would be great,forgot I was cooking for 2 though not 200 and spent most of the day running to the shop for more milk then going round all my neighbours offering them rice pudding [lol] x

changilass
23-Oct-07, 13:11
My younger sister can't do the douvet thing.

She ends up crawling inside the cover with the douvet and doing this strange starfish thing to get the corners in and then trying to crawl out without bringing the douvet with her.

Its so funny to watch that none of us have show her the easy way to do it :lol:

Tighsonas4
23-Oct-07, 19:56
HI MOIX
WELCOME AND HAPPY POSTING ONLY ARRIVED HERE A FEW
DAYS BEFORE YOU SO STILL ROAMING AROUND AMONGST THE
EXPERTS TOO. REGARDS TONY[lol]

Moi x
24-Oct-07, 00:21
Thank you Tony but I think I should be welcoming you because I joined two days before you did. It took a few days to write my first post because I was worried that I would get something wrong and get shouted at. We novices should stick together until we find our feet, think safety in numbers and all that.

Moix x

Tighsonas4
24-Oct-07, 12:53
yes moix
it can be a bit of a problem at the start. but amsure you will
find just as i have that the orgers themselves can be most helpful.
happy posting tony:roll:

karia
24-Oct-07, 13:10
Hi Tighsonas4 and Moi x,

You folks are doing just fine!:D

If anything confuses or stumps you, give a little whistle and you will have advice pouring in from all sides.

We love giving advice on here...sometimes when it's not even wanted!;)

Karia

Moi x
24-Oct-07, 22:37
I can't whistle.

karia
24-Oct-07, 22:47
I can't whistle.

sure you can!

Just put your lips together..and blow!;)

kariaxx

Thumper
24-Oct-07, 22:57
sure you can!

Just put your lips together..and blow!;)

kariaxx
I run the risk of being banned but...I have heard that one before ;) I think it was Mary Poppins? x

karia
24-Oct-07, 23:17
I run the risk of being banned but...I have heard that one before ;) I think it was Mary Poppins? x

Humphrey Bogart..to Lauren Bacall. ' To have and have not';)

kariaxx

Moi x
24-Oct-07, 23:18
It was Pinocchio!

golach
24-Oct-07, 23:18
We love giving advice on here...sometimes when it's not even wanted!;)
Karia
Thats very true :~(

Thumper
24-Oct-07, 23:20
Humphrey or Pinocchio?I know I have heard it somewhere!Me thinks Pinocchio...wasn't it along the lines of...give a little whistle (whoo,whoo-is that a whistle sound?) x

helenwyler
24-Oct-07, 23:31
Humphrey Bogart..to Lauren Bacall. ' To have and have not';)

kariaxx

Hi karia!

Was it not Lauren to Humphrey?

P.S. I could murder a curry;)!

Moi x
24-Oct-07, 23:32
Music: Leigh Harline
Lyrics: Ned Washington

When you get in trouble and you don't know right from wrong
Give a little whistle! Give a little whistle!
When you meet temptation and the urge is very strong

Not just a little squeak, pucker up and blow
And if your whistle's weak, yell, "Jiminy Cricket!"
Right!

Take the straight and narrow path
And if you start to slide
And always let your conscience be your guide

http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/givewhistle.htm

I still can't whistle.

sassylass
25-Oct-07, 01:18
My younger sister can't do the douvet thing.

She ends up crawling inside the cover with the douvet and doing this strange starfish thing to get the corners in and then trying to crawl out without bringing the douvet with her.

Its so funny to watch that none of us have show her the easy way to do it :lol:

omg is there an easier way than the starfish way? Do tell...please!

karia
25-Oct-07, 01:22
[quote=Moi x;287566]From: Pinocchio
Music: Leigh Harline
Lyrics: Ned Washington

When you get in trouble and you don't know right from wrong
When you meet temptation and the urge is very strong

Not just a little squeak, pucker up and blow
And if your whistle's weak, yell, "Jiminy Cricket!"
Right!

Take the straight and narrow path
And if you start to slide
And always let your conscience be your guide

http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/givewhistle.htm (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/givewhistle.htm)

I still can't whistle.

We will hear you!;)

Karia xxx

Moi x
31-Oct-07, 01:42
I've tried but nothing comes out.

Moi x

Metalattakk
31-Oct-07, 02:14
omg is there an easier way than the starfish way? Do tell...please!

First thing to do is to get your fresh duvet cover, and turn it inside out. Then put your arms inside, and feel along the seams until you have a bottom corner in each hand.

Then grab the bottom corners of your duvet, through the duvet cover. Shake vigorously. :D

The duvet cover will slide down the duvet, or far enough down that you can extract yourself and tuck the third corner in. Easy street from here on in.

Apply another vigorous shoogle, tuck the fourth corner in and we're nearly done.

Snap the snappy thingies together, and once again, give the crumpled duvet another vigorous shake, but this time from each corner.

Smooth to your preference.

Add pillows.

Relax.

WeeBurd
31-Oct-07, 12:06
Rice cooking? Simply take a trip to Matalan, invest in their £5 microwave rice steamer (if they still do them, we've had ours for yonks!). Take it home and unwrap. Measure desired amount of rice, and rinse. Measure appropriate amount of boiling water, chuck it in the steamer with the rice, whack it on, and in about 13mins, you'll have perfectly cooked, light and fluffy rice.

And this is coming from the 'Burd who can barely cook a thing! But I've definitely got the rice sussed [lol].

Errogie
01-Nov-07, 20:28
Thank you Metallattakk for the great duvet advice it should be printed on the darn things in a selection of different languages but on another domestic front how do you folks deal with the stray sock matching phenomena?

Am trying to work towards just one size, one colour but then the culprits creep back in again from somewhere and it doesn't help when the rest of the family are out of sync. Actually threw a bunch of them (socks) in the rayburn the other night just when they thought they'd made it safely to the back of the drawer to live out the rest of their lives quietly avoiding unpleasant feet.

ashaw1
01-Nov-07, 22:34
No matter how hard i try i still can't manage to keep my hands on the tv remote control for more than 5 seconds! Or is this just a woman thing?

Torvaig
01-Nov-07, 22:44
I cannot hit or catch a moving ball, or throw with any sort of accuracy. The cliche about missing the side of a barn was probably written with me in mind!

My sports options are pretty much limited to golf, cuz the ball is stationary when you hit it...

Hey, that's my line........;)

karia
01-Nov-07, 23:38
There's nowt simple ..ouch! about catching a.. yikes, ball!:eek:

Especially if it is aimed at you..DUCK![para]

Why no black eyed smileys?

Rolls on floor!

Karia

Moira
01-Nov-07, 23:49
First thing to do is to get your fresh duvet cover, and turn it inside out. Then put your arms inside, and feel along the seams until you have a bottom corner in each hand........

Snap the snappy thingies together, and once again, give the crumpled duvet another vigorous shake, but this time from each corner......

Sounds great Metalattakk. Your duvets are obviously more docile than mine and don't take on a life of their own when you try to smother them with the cover. The snappy thingies are easy - have you ever tried buttons when the button holes have been made too small? ;)

Bobinovich
01-Nov-07, 23:53
We have the opposite problem Moira - duvet button holes which, over time, have become too loose which causes the duvet to wriggle out of its cover during the night. Of course we could put in a couple of stitches to tighten them up but that would be FAR too obvious (a bit like you could snip the holes a little bigger!!!).

PS Thanks for my scare - it gave me a genuine start :eek:

karia
02-Nov-07, 00:01
Ahh!

All button holes are now being made too tight and need cutting to facilitate the button in question.

It is so endemic that I now carry a nifty wee pair o' shears when visiting Next, M&S per una, wallis, New look..!:roll:

karia

WeeBurd
02-Nov-07, 00:20
snip...have you ever tried buttons when the button holes have been made too small?...snip

Debenhams duvet sets - arrrrgggghhhhh!!!![evil]

Moira
02-Nov-07, 00:22
......(a bit like you could snip the holes a little bigger!!!).

PS Thanks for my scare - it gave me a genuine start :eek:

Bob - my duvet cover button holes have a fancy criss cross stitch around them. If I snipped them goodness knows what would happen. I'd probably end up with the same problem as you and you don't want to know about my sewing skills. I sew on buttons like some folk darn socks which causes blisters in unmentionable places :eek:

PS - Sorry about the scare. It wisna' me - honest. I locked Moira the Witch away safely for another year just after she turned me into a poppy.