PDA

View Full Version : Fur & Feather Shows in Wick & Thurso

Bradcon
14-Oct-07, 12:32
Can anyone tell me if Caithness Ornithilogical Fur and Feather shows are going to be held in Dec/Jan this year???

As they haven't been held for the last couple of years.:(

It would be great to see them back up and running.:)

orkneylass
14-Oct-07, 14:33
sounds terribly politically incorrect...or are the fur and feathers on living creatures????

Julia
14-Oct-07, 23:07
I hope it is on this year, I have a trophy I need to return

Debbie1984
11-Jan-08, 18:13
I believe the fur and feather shows are on tomorrow (Saturday 12 Jan 08) at Quoybrae. I quite fancy taking my cats along. Can anyone tell me any information about it? I've looked online with much disappointment!

Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Debbie

unicorn
11-Jan-08, 18:15
as far as I am aware it is entry on the day for cats and dogs

connieb19
11-Jan-08, 18:22
Has it been advertised anywhere? Yhis is the first I've heard about it.

unicorn
11-Jan-08, 18:25
not sure connie, I got a schedule in for the rabbits section a couple of weeks ago but due to circumstances wont be going. I was going to show tia and hubby asked a friend he knew who is involved with it about cat entry and he said it was on the day.

dragonfly
11-Jan-08, 18:57
anyone tell me if the dog show is a proper one only accepting pedigree's or would my crossbreed be accepted? (not wanting to start that row off again, just a genuine question)

unicorn
11-Jan-08, 19:03
any dog can enter from what I have seen in previous years

Debbie1984
11-Jan-08, 19:08
The fur and feather was advertised in the courier this week and last weeks groat (not today's). I'll rake it out and let you know times etc.

Thanks for responses so far.

Debbie

Bradcon
11-Jan-08, 21:58
Cat and Dog judging starts at 11.30am. All other judging begins at 10.30am. It was advertised in this weeks Courier.

Wellies
11-Jan-08, 23:02
Glad you got sent an entry form Unicorn. No-one seemed to bother about me, even though I have been showing my rabbits last year. I also used to be a regular competitor at this show. How lovely to be thought about. I'll just have to think they are scared of how good my bunnies are:lol:

Bradcon
12-Jan-08, 08:53
Thata terrible Wellies, I thought you would have been sent one just like the rest of us.[evil]

crofter
13-Jan-08, 16:03
Glad you got sent an entry form Unicorn. No-one seemed to bother about me, even though I have been showing my rabbits last year. I also used to be a regular competitor at this show. How lovely to be thought about. I'll just have to think they are scared of how good my bunnies are:lol:

If it was an open show you would think it would have been advertised with contact details for entry forms at least 2 weeks before the entries closed instead of just advertising it the week before with no contact details.
Perhaps it was entry by invitation only!