PDA

View Full Version : Scotland v Ukraine

Boozeburglar
13-Oct-07, 17:10
Another great day for Scottish football.

Why oh why was this not on terrestrial?

;)

Jeemag_USA
13-Oct-07, 19:03
Another great day for Scottish football.

Why oh why was this not on terrestrial?

;)

HA HA I used a p2p connection and watched the whole thing live in the USA from Ukrainian TV no less, boy I can tell you the commentators were a boring pair but the game was fantastic!!

SCOTLAND ARE THE REAL DEAL. They all played brilliant, Ukraine didn't even get a chance to play football, they were closed down all the time except for the one goal from Shevchenko.

probably asking too much, but would be nice if Georgia could take a draw from italy. At least they can keep the score down, our goal difference is 4 better than italy right now. If we beat georgia and draw with Italy, that means France, Italy and Scotland would all end up with the same points. But I am not sure if its like the champions league and things are decided on how we played against each other, and in that case we woudl finish above France.

but we will beat italy at home anyway, no fear :Razz

Hibeechick
13-Oct-07, 19:06
What a performance from the boys!

2 in ten within the first ten minutes aswell!

Suuuuuperb!!!!

Hmmm... I think I might need to start planning next years holidays just in case! x

DeHaviLand
13-Oct-07, 19:15
Jeemag, in the event of 2 teams tying on points, the results between those 2 teams, not goal difference, will decide the final positions. So, if we finished equal on points with France, we would be placed above them as we beat them twice. Isnt life wonderful?

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Oct-07, 19:17
Thread closing - 5, 4, 3, 2,...

elamanya
13-Oct-07, 20:04
never mind tying with france lets go and win the group ...

Jeemag_USA
13-Oct-07, 20:06
Thread closing - 5, 4, 3, 2,...

....1, chocolate covered caramel biscuit in 5,4,3,2,1 .... di di di di dah di di dah di dah :P

Boozeburglar
13-Oct-07, 21:50
I can’t see any reason this thread should be removed. It is our national team playing, a team made up of players from all backgrounds, and a team whose fans are an asset, true ambassadors for our country. :)

I have Sky TV, but I was blown away that the match was not being shown on the main television channels, after all the Scots buy their TV licenses too, the BBC is supposed to serve all of us. Why was there not a deal to show the Scotland game on ITV?

Well done England too, of course, but didn’t we kick it?

I thought for about five minutes we appeared to lose our way a wee bit, but overall we were matching a good team blow for blow, and the luck deservedly went our way, but all three goals were clean and classy.

I am absolutely made up; it is our national sport and for a long time now we have waited for this.

To think that we are talking in terms of ‘should beat Italy’! How would that have sounded five years ago?

Well chuffed.

;)

rangers07
13-Oct-07, 22:20
every man and theur dog has sky and they provide far better coverage so whats the problem.

Rheghead
13-Oct-07, 22:24
Well done Scotland, keep going!:Razz

jings00
13-Oct-07, 22:33
every man and theur dog has sky and they provide far better coverage so whats the problem.

i don't have sky and neither does ma dug!! i have no intention of getting sky either.
well done Scotland though. if it had been on regular telly i woulda watched it.

horseman
13-Oct-07, 22:38
Aye i canny wait to get in to work on monday morning---
I get it in the neck --usually--now it's my turn,shame 'bout the rugby;)

Oddquine
13-Oct-07, 22:39

No.....not every man (or woman) and their dog has Sky...........and a lot of folk who do can't afford the Sports Channels. That's the problem!

Jeemag_USA
13-Oct-07, 23:06
Anyone can watch football live on the internet if they want to, there is no reason to miss a game, I used to but I don't anymore :Razz

And Boozeburglar, what do you mean "5 years ago" if anyone told me anytime in my life we should be beating Italy I'd think I was dreaming. However, like Ukraine, I think we are facing Italy at the best possible time, their national team is not lighting the world on fire right now, today they struggled for long periods to score goals in each half against a team with no incentive to win at all other than national pride, Georgia had no chance long ago but they still gave italy a run for their money today. The key is playing at Hampden, with the confidence in the squad just now and the home crowd we must win it. Playing away at Georgia is not going to be a picnic though, I was on another site today and everyone is saying "Bring on Italy' like its the only game we have left. Georgia game is key, its pivotal, for me its a must win game. France and Italy only have minnows to play in their other games, only Lithuania could maybe pose a threat to France, but is it as likely as square wheels on a car, know what I mean. All talk of Italy shoudl be forgotten, we have to concentrate on winning away from home in Gerogia, and we have incurred some more injuries, even if we get Darren Fletcher back, he wil be healthy but not match fit. Scotland have to dig real deep for this next game and treat it like they were playing France or even Brazil! Nothing but a win will do!

George Brims
14-Oct-07, 01:23
Great game, the first Scotland match I have been able to watch for a long while. There is an internet service called jalipo that I just discovered a few days ago. They give you some free time for joining, and then you top up with a credit card. The credits go faster if you ask for a higher bandwidth delivery. I used the highest and I reckon I paid about $7.50 (US) for the credits I used up. Have some left for the Georgia game. I'll have to figure out if it's a "go late to work" or a "risk getting caught watching it at work" kickoff time!

Aaldtimer
14-Oct-07, 01:58
That is just plain nonsense. The vast majority of TV viewers do not have SKY, or subscribe to Sky Sports. If the England game could be shown on BBC then why couldn't the Scottish game be shown on BBC Scotland?[evil]

Metalattakk
14-Oct-07, 03:13
Great game, the first Scotland match I have been able to watch for a long while. There is an internet service called jalipo that I just discovered a few days ago. They give you some free time for joining, and then you top up with a credit card. The credits go faster if you ask for a higher bandwidth delivery. I used the highest and I reckon I paid about $7.50 (US) for the credits I used up. Have some left for the Georgia game. I'll have to figure out if it's a "go late to work" or a "risk getting caught watching it at work" kickoff time!

It pains me to see you having to pay for internet coverage when you could get it for free. I get it for free, Jeemag_USA does too. It's not difficult to organise, and it's not yet against the law in the UK.

http://www.myp2p.eu (http://www.myp2p.eu/Introduction.htm) has all the details.

George Brims
14-Oct-07, 04:49
I don't use p2p software as matter of (a) safety (some nasty viruses have been spread that way) and (b) principle (too much illicit content). If there are other ways to get the games that is fine - I just haven't taken the trouble to find them. In particular I would love to get Six Nations rugby, which I haven't seen since Setanta became the only way to get them over in the US.

zappster
14-Oct-07, 06:42
That is just plain nonsense. The vast majority of TV viewers do not have SKY, or subscribe to Sky Sports. If the England game could be shown on BBC then why couldn't the Scottish game be shown on BBC Scotland?[evil]

I agree It drives me mad.Why show the England match on BBC SCOTLAND..When Scotland are playing at the same time ..ITS RUBBISH

Welcomefamily
14-Oct-07, 07:49
Well done Scotland it was a good results.

percy toboggan
14-Oct-07, 09:55
What a great day for British sport.
The football too. Great result at Hampden.
I would like to see Scotland win the group, and the trophy itself to be honest.
Silverware for British Rugby and Association football could be on the cards.

WeeBurd
14-Oct-07, 12:17
MrBurd and I were lucky enough to be part of the party yesterday! Atmosphere at Hampden was amazing, we've no got a voice left between us for singing & cheering, and I have bruises all over my knees from jumping about (not to mention the hangovers this morning) [lol]!

Absolutely fantastic!

Jeemag_USA
14-Oct-07, 15:24
I don't use p2p software as matter of (a) safety (some nasty viruses have been spread that way) and (b) principle (too much illicit content). If there are other ways to get the games that is fine - I just haven't taken the trouble to find them. In particular I would love to get Six Nations rugby, which I haven't seen since Setanta became the only way to get them over in the US.

I have never seen any illicit content George, been watching all the scotland games and SPL games, and if your PC is protected your fine.

DeHaviLand
14-Oct-07, 16:01
The game was on Sky tv because they offered more money for the rights than BBC did. Its a very simple commercial decision.

Metalattakk
14-Oct-07, 17:14
So what you're saying is that the BBC managed to outbid SKY for the England game, but not the Scotland match?

Seems fair, eh?

Rheghead
14-Oct-07, 17:20
Isn't there a list of specific sporting events that were deemed to be sufficiently important to the national interest that they had to be aired on terrestial TV only?:confused

Metalattakk
14-Oct-07, 17:30
THE REVISED LIST OF SPORTS EVENTS PROTECTED UNDER PART IV OF THE
BROADCASTING ACT 1996

Group A (Full Live Coverage Protected)

The Olympic Games
The FIFA World Cup Finals Tournament
The European Football Championship Finals Tournament
The FA Cup Final
The Scottish FA Cup Final (in Scotland)
The Grand National
The Derby
The Wimbledon Tennis Finals
The Rugby League Challenge Cup Final
The Rugby World Cup Final

Group B (Secondary Coverage Protected)

Cricket Test Matches played in England
Non-Finals play in the Wimbledon Tournament
All Other Matches in the Rugby World Cup Finals Tournament
Six Nations Rugby Tournament Matches Involving Home Countries
The Commonwealth Games
The World Athletics Championship
The Cricket World Cup - the Final, Semi-finals and Matches Involving Home
Nations' Teams
The Ryder Cup
The Open Golf Championship

Don't know if it has been re-written to include England matches but not Scotland ones though...

Jeemag_USA
14-Oct-07, 18:51
It is pretty sad, of all the games for British teams this week, Scotlands was of the most importance, England beating Estonia is a no brainer. Scotland's match was vital, yet on the BBC website, beating Estonia gets the headlines two days in a row and already Frank Lampard has pinched the headline and Scotlands win over Ukraine still gets a little mention. And all last week all the headline stories are about Owen and Rooney and so on. Pitiful.

DeHaviLand
14-Oct-07, 22:27
Jeemag, you know full well that on the day Scotland beat England in the final of the European Championships, the news will all be about how well England did in getting to the final, and how they didnt lie down to a mightier nation, but were unlucky to be beaten 5 - 2. They just dont like us because they know how superior we are. All we have to do now is keep on proving it!!!!!!:lol:

jings00
15-Oct-07, 17:57
anyone watching the Argentina/RSA rugby last night? had to turn off the commentary as I was getting confused - it sounded like Engerland were playin the amount of comments about them from the commentators. how i wish they were all unbiased!!! that is wot diz my heid in. mostly.

George Brims
15-Oct-07, 21:19
What a great day for British sport.
The football too. Great result at Hampden.
I would like to see Scotland win the group, and the trophy itself to be honest.
Silverware for British Rugby and Association football could be on the cards.
OOH! OOH! Look! The Scotland team won, so they're suddenly British again!

Rheghead
15-Oct-07, 21:21
OOH! OOH! Look! The Scotland team won, so they're suddenly British again!

They would be British even if they had lost, everyone loves a gallant loser.:lol:

George Brims
15-Oct-07, 21:23
I have never seen any illicit content George, been watching all the scotland games and SPL games, and if your PC is protected your fine.
What I meant about illicit content is that an awful lot of what is available through p2p software is stuff being illegally "shared". I know there's stuff there that it is OK to download, but I have just stayed away from the p2p world so I'm not tempted into getting something I should by rights be paying for (and on a work-provided computer to boot).

bigjjuk
16-Oct-07, 08:32
I think the scotland and england matches are rotated on bbc, if im wrong then fair enough, as an english man i wouldnt be happy either if it was the other way round. Oh well done to the scots you guys are playing excellent, i hope you make it through. Georgia is not gonna be an easy game as the fans there are aggressive, but im sure you will do the job. Well done the the lions too wooohoooooo.