PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Thread

John Baikie
13-Oct-07, 13:54
I would like, finally, to explain that the thread about "wedding let downs" was removed due to a legal issue.

The "story" was 100% fabrication and has absolutely no truth or connection to me or my business. I also have no idea why anyone would wish to do something like this.

In fact when the thread first appeared I got my assistant to post on it, saying the photographer should be named, as I was concerned in case people DID think it was me.

I have never and would never cancel someones wedding 2 weeks before the day, as this would be totally unprofessional and detrimental to business.

The postings previously on here were libellous and will be dealt with in that way. I have been in contact with a senior figure within the SWPP and legal action has been recommended, which is exactly how I will deal with this.

If someone is brave enough to name me as the culprit in this fabricated story, I would have hoped they would have been brave enough to come forward and name themselves, and give actual facts as to the date, and people involved, which would enable things to actually be confirmed, or checked out and a simple solution found, rather than posting a fairy story.

I will look forward to hearing from the original poster with some sort of explanation.

John Baikie
www.captiv8.uk.com (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.captiv8.uk.com)

DeHaviLand
13-Oct-07, 19:35
So, if you're dealing with it by taking legal action, why would you invite the original poster to comment here? In fact, why would you comment here?

Scout
13-Oct-07, 19:47
I think if you read what John Baikie was saying he was not taking legal action it was down to legal issues that is different matter to legal action,

elamanya
13-Oct-07, 19:49
and why should mr baikie not reply on here.. its on here the persons were trying to blacken his name ....

DeHaviLand
13-Oct-07, 20:30
The postings previously on here were libellous and will be dealt with in that way. I have been in contact with a senior figure within the SWPP and legal action has been recommended, which is exactly how I will deal with this.

John Baikie
www.captiv8.uk.com (http://www.captiv8.uk.com)

In fact he does say that he will deal with it through legal action.

And the reason he shouldnt comment on here is because it may prejudice his case.

Apologies will be accepted :)

John Baikie
14-Oct-07, 00:18
Yes, I will be dealing with it by legal action. The reason I commented on here was because I felt I was entitled to let the general public know that this was a scandalous set of lies, in order to protect my reputation.As the original thread was removed nobody would be any wiser to the fact that this whole story had been made up.

I do feel the original poster should be brave enough to have something to say for themselves in light of the fact they had plenty to say previously. Some form of explanation and apology would prevent any legal action being necessary.

telfordstar
14-Oct-07, 01:09
As the poster of the previous thread I feel that I should put a few things straight.

This thread was not a "scandalous set of lies" it was simply a way of letting the general public aware of a bad service that mates of mine had encountered. People who provide a service to the public should be prepared for praise as well as critisism which in this case this person dosnt like that very much. No names were ever mentioned in the previous thread just folk putting two and two together. No matter how may messges I recieve in my inbox I am not willing to discuss names or dates im afraid. I would also like to know what exactly it is i have to make an appology for because im confused.

You seem to have your opinion on the matter and so do I.

John Baikie
14-Oct-07, 01:17
As the poster of the previous thread I feel that I should put a few things straight.

This thread was not a "scandalous set of lies" it was simply a way of letting the general public aware of a bad service that mates of mine had encountered. People who provide a service to the public should be prepared for praise as well as critisism which in this case this person dosnt like that very much. No names were ever mentioned in the previous thread just folk putting two and two together. No matter how may messges I recieve in my inbox I am not willing to discuss names or dates im afraid. I would also like to know what exactly it is i have to make an appology for because im confused.

You seem to have your opinion on the matter and so do I.

It's not about opinions - the event never happened in any way shape or form, hence lies. Prove me wrong if you wish, I have nothing to hide. I also suggest you sit down with the couple in question and find out the truth. I am saying no more on this subject and hope one day I will find out who is behind it and why.
For now I just have to do whatever I can to make sure my name is cleared, as this has been very disturbing.