PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Check out the Chat/Lets Break the Ice!!

wifie
12-Oct-07, 11:59
Do you like the Flashchat? Do you use it? When do you use it? Does who's in it make your decision? Just wondered?

Anne x
12-Oct-07, 15:10
I drop in now and again have met some really nice people there and chatted to people across the Pond and Australia that I wouldnt normally get the chance to talk to ,the chat can be funny it also covers lots of topics
I have also been known to get the sexes wrong ie speaking to a female when in my mind because of user name had assumed it was a male til a good friend pointed out my mistake !!!! lol

TRUCKER
12-Oct-07, 19:39
I check it out everytime i log on.

golach
12-Oct-07, 19:43
Use it all the time, to check who is on, check the bottom of the general screen

Victoria
12-Oct-07, 19:49
Use it all the time, to check who is on, check the bottom of the general screen

I just went into chat to see Golach but he wasn't in there ;)

Angela
12-Oct-07, 20:00
I've never ventured in, much too scared! :eek: :eek:

golach
12-Oct-07, 20:20
I just went into chat to see Golach but he wasn't in there ;)
This wuman is telling porkies [lol] she has been chatting me up for the last 10 mins in the chat room

Victoria
12-Oct-07, 20:22
This wuman is telling porkies [lol] she has been chatting me up for the last 10 mins in the chat room

How very dare you! :lol:

Julia
12-Oct-07, 21:12
I've been in a couple of times, you know when you see the stranger walk into the bar on tv and everybody stops talking and turns to stare, I always feel like that :eek: although I am quite sure that is not the case LOL

highlander
12-Oct-07, 22:08
I remember the first time i went into a chatroom, it was years ago in freeserve and gawd here i was sitting at the computer shaking, scared and had not a clue how to join in, it looked like everyone knew each other, once i got used to talking to a few people you could never get me off, but there was always one thing i asked myself why when they end a message do they call each other LOL, lol welllllllll when i did learn that it meant Laugh. Out. Loud. i felt a right nurd.
So dont be shy come into the chat here, I know it feels like we are asking too many personal questions, like do you belong to caithness, family etc etc but its just to break the ice.

highlander
12-Oct-07, 22:13
Ok just a thought for all you people who are too scared to go into chat, why not all you newbies give it a go at 10.30 tonight, at least then you wont feel you are the only one going into a room that everyone knows each other, i will wedge the door open for you all LOL

Billy Boy
12-Oct-07, 22:16
lol i hope you have some scented candles lit, just incase your visiters do some trouser cough's..:lol:

highlander
12-Oct-07, 22:18
LOL billyboy all the windows are open lol

armanisgirl
12-Oct-07, 22:20
Awww thank you highlander! I hadn't even noticed the chat thing til someone mentioned it earlier! I might just pop in at 10.30 now! Billy Boy, I have never heard of trouser coughs before, but the imagination is being creative! i will now tell my other half my trousers coughed if I ever let one go! Lol.

highlander
12-Oct-07, 22:23
just hit the flashchat beside the log in button.

armanisgirl
12-Oct-07, 22:30
I did earlier, and felt very out of my depth! I'll give it another go, but be gentle with me, I'm a newbie after all! Lol.

Moira
12-Oct-07, 22:34
Ok just a thought for all you people who are too scared to go into chat, why not all you newbies give it a go at 10.30 tonight, at least then you wont feel you are the only one going into a room that everyone knows each other, i will wedge the door open for you all LOL

Great idea Highlander. I hope you've hoovered & that Foxy has done the dusting :D

Foxy
13-Oct-07, 00:09
Great idea Highlander. I hope you've hoovered & that Foxy has done the dusting

lol Moira you know how i love dusting ;) and the tin of pledge is still going strong after all these years. :lol:

highlander
13-Oct-07, 00:14
Well done all the newbies who came into chat tonight, it was a great laugh and hope to see you again.

Moira
13-Oct-07, 00:25
lol Moira you know how i love dusting and the tin of pledge is still going strong after all these years.

Ah - so you do have the tin of Pledge, Foxy. Mind - use it sparingly and dinna throw away the tin when it's done - I've promised it to the Heritage Centre after my day....[lol]

It was good to see some new folk in there tonight - as well as some golden oldies! I've just been chucked out for the second time tonight although the laptop didn't freeze this time. Hope to see you all again soon :D

golach
13-Oct-07, 01:06
Great idea Highlander. I hope you've hoovered & that Foxy has done the dusting :D
Hmmph, Moira, ye diddna come in, was the household chores on a backburner, or can we suspect that you have been distracted[lol]

Angela
13-Oct-07, 09:24
Well done all the newbies who came into chat tonight, it was a great laugh and hope to see you again.

Thanks for the welcome, highlander -it wasn't too scary after all, I'll be back once I've made some cakes... :D :lol:

paris
13-Oct-07, 14:41
Every time i get time to go to chat theres no one there Jan x:~(

telfordstar
13-Oct-07, 15:46
Every time i get time to go to chat theres no one there Jan x:~(

thats like me i missed the 10.30 spot last night hopefully might meet a few more people there nxt time i have a look:D