PDA

View Full Version : ESTRELLA Playing To 50,000 People

Dr_Tom
17-Aug-05, 16:41
Local Rock Band Estrella will be playing at this years Free At The Dee with Northsound 1 and Northsound 2 at Duthie Park, Aberdeen on Sunday September the 4th. Last years event pulled an amazing crowd of over 45,000 people.

It's Scotlands Biggest Free Festival And Family Day Out and this years event is looking to be Bigger and Better than ever before.

Winning a competition in Aberdeen's "Chicago Rock Cafe's" Battle of The Bands got them the place to play at this Major Event. Earlier this year they also got to the Final of another BOTB competition in "Cafe Drummonds", Aberdeen.

Having a reputation for their stage presence, performance and powerful rock songs they are getting more and more fans from each gig. The style of their original material is heavily influenced by 80's Rock Bands from the likes of Acdc, Aerosmith, G&R, Motley Crue, Whitesnake etc.

Currently relocating to Aberdeen for 6 months, they are looking to do as many gigs as possible before moving to Glasgow. Also playing a sold out Biker Rally (Oddballs) in Shropshire, England at the end of September.

At Free at The Dee Estrella while be playing along side Major acts such as - Charlotte Church, Lee Ryan, El Presedente and many more.......

Times and the slot for Estrella will be confirmed soon.

The website www.estrellarocks.com is currently being completely revamped for its Version.2 which will be online soon.

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Aug-05, 16:58
Estrella, give me a buzz when you get to Glasgow. I work for all and sundry; will get you a live review, I'm sure.

Was playing myself the other week at the Liquid Room. We were supporting Roddy Frame. Didn't think Rodders had that many fans anymore, so imagine our surprise when we came out to a sell out audience of 650! They liked us, thankfully.

Any Edinburghers in the house? Come down and check out Gnome And The Volcano at The Swamp, Queensferry St, Edinburgh. Doors 8pm. We're on at 9.30pm. Tickets a mere £4. The beer is cheap, too. How oftern could you say that about Embra's city centre? Exactly.

See you there I hope.

Jeid
17-Aug-05, 23:03
good luck to estrella

moshmosh
18-Aug-05, 12:57
All the very best to them.

zappster
18-Aug-05, 17:05
NICE ONE LADS!!The Identity Crisis crew are chuffed ta bits for yaz...all the best with the gig!! :D

Dr_Tom
25-Aug-05, 14:49
Estrella have recently been interviewed with "Northsound 1 Radio" about the band and their run up to the Free At The Dee gig next sunday.

You can listen to the interview at:

www.northsound1.co.uk this sunday between 8pm-10pm

The Free At The Dee gig will also be live on air next sunday from 12noon onwards on Northsound 1.