PDA

View Full Version : Birthday present help

paris
11-Oct-07, 14:39
Going on from the thread about men buying a woman a useful present for a birthday/Christmas, My hubby is 54 tomorrow.
Imagine you have lets say £10 to buy him something what would you buy:confused ?? Jan x

mccaugm
11-Oct-07, 15:15
What sort of things does he like Sci-Fi, sport, Eastenders???

Does he like basic blokey gifts, slippers, socks etc?

Is he the man that has everything including you?

pat
11-Oct-07, 15:21
1 Buy some special food for a home cooked meal
2. Take him for a nice relaxing stroll then come home to a a bottle of wine and the two of you celebrate
3. Buy a CD or DVD and stay at home.
4. Take him out for a pint
5. Give the £10 to the youngsters to go out for the evening so you can both have a quiet night at your fireside.
6. Buy a tree or special plant for the garden and plant it to remember the birthday.
7. Keep the £10 and pretend you forgot!
8. Buy half a goat or something like that for someone in desperate need of help in a foreign country.
9. Give it to the RNLI or some other charity then you both feel good and the charity benefits too.

That gives you a few options - it is up to you now.

Anne x
11-Oct-07, 15:54
Buy him a new Tie lots of pre xmas offers in the shops just now on nice silk ties or

Buy 2 nice Steaks or

A nice Bt Wine and hope he shares it with You !!!

connieb19
11-Oct-07, 15:58
A bottle of whisky/vodka/gin or whatever he drinks.

rockchick
11-Oct-07, 16:22
A hoover for his car?

henry20
11-Oct-07, 16:38
A nice Bt Wine and hope he shares it

Surely you mean: buy a bottle of wine and hope he doesn't want to share it :lol:

Anne x
11-Oct-07, 16:47
Surely you mean: buy a bottle of wine and hope he doesn't want to share it :lol:

No !!! Im no that bad

Wish
11-Oct-07, 16:59
Bottle of Asti Martini (or supermarket own brand) and a box of posh chocs (fiver each):cool:

psyberyeti
11-Oct-07, 21:36
small cafatier from woolies £3.99
a bag of 'Rich Italian' coffee (green bag, Taylors of Harrogate) £2.69
carton of double cream (no idea - I'm not allowed cream)
big bar of chocolate (I'm not allowed that either, so no idea £)

But should be less than £10 and taste great:cool:

karia
11-Oct-07, 22:06
Going on from the thread about men buying a woman a useful present for a birthday/Christmas, My hubby is 54 tomorrow.
Imagine you have lets say £10 to buy him something what would you buy:confused ?? Jan x

Now Jan,

A Tenner?

Behave!:eek:

kariaxx

peter macdonald
11-Oct-07, 22:28
Jan ... Neil Gunns book "The Silver Darlings " is on amazon for £3.88 just now !! That and a bottle of Rioja or Dao ..... Magic !!!
PM

karia
11-Oct-07, 23:47
Jan ... Neil Gunns book "The Silver Darlings " is on amazon for £3.88 just now !! That and a bottle of Rioja or Dao ..... Magic !!!
PM

Nice choices in both Peter!

(given the meagre budget!);)

Kariaxx