PDA

View Full Version : ......back safe and sound

weeboyagee
17-Aug-05, 10:05
Well,.......I'm back from that wonderful place called Canada! Safe and Sound despite the aborted landing on arrival!

I had a brilliant time hosted by malcolmdog. You guys over there (Ciocia Laura, malcoldog and the like) have a wonderful country - I love it! Stayed in Maple just outside Toronto in the City of Vaughan. Temperature melted me but took lots of advice from Margaret M and stayed cool with the odd Bacardi (ok there was more than the odd one.....lol!).

Thoroughly recommend Niagara Falls, Niagara on the Lake, CN Tower, downtown Toronto (evening is less humid than daytime). Went to see Annie Get Your Gun with Billy Rae Cyrus (can't remember the spelling :confused ) at the Massi Halls and best of all I had two wonderful friends from this side of the pond go over with me to share the experience. Only thing is - they're STILL there :~( . Saint Marie among the Hurons was great as was Black Creek Pioneer Village. The church at Saint Marie was an experience we will never forget.

Thanks to everyone in Canada who I met and to the guys who were at the ceilidh on the Saturday night when we got over - you're all converts of caithness.org now so get posting!

Hope to be back there soon! :lol:

Anyone else been there - did you get hooked on the place?

Margaret M.
18-Aug-05, 02:18
Sounds like you had a great time, weeboyagee. I lived in Newfoundland for a few years and really should have explored more of the mainland. One of these days I'd like to get to Montreal and Toronto at the very least.

rgm1984
24-Aug-05, 04:53
Hey Raymondo. Glad to see you home safe.

Yeah heh..it was a great time when you were over! You must come back some time. Perhaps next time we can go paintballing or something. :p