PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix

camor
10-Oct-07, 03:00
Was I the only one rolling about laughing when golden boy Lewis Hamilton stuck his car in the gravel on sunday:lol:? Hope Fernando Alonso or Kimi wins the title in Brazil cos followed Alonso since he drove for Minardi and he is being made out to look the bad guy. Kimi has come close a couple of times in the past so I wouldn't grumble if he scooped it.

Jeemag_USA
10-Oct-07, 03:05
Was I the only one rolling about laughing when golden boy Lewis Hamilton stuck his car in the gravel on sunday:lol:? Hope Fernando Alonso or Kimi wins the title in Brazil cos followed Alonso since he drove for Minardi and he is being made out to look the bad guy. Kimi has come close a couple of times in the past so I wouldn't grumble if he scooped it.

I for one wasn't laughing. Considering what I know about Hamilton and his life I really hope he wins the championship, he will one day, but it would be all the more special to do it in his first year. He has put in an incredible amount of hard work and as a sportsman deserves to win. He doesn't cheat, he doesn't moan, he drives hard and is the most taleneted driver in the field today and deserves to win it simply for his own merits. There was once a day when he walked up to Ron Dennis and said one day I will drive for you and i will win. And he will! Lewis Hamilton is a great sportsman and an extrememly gifted driver, brought about by tremendous belief and hours upon hours of dedicated practice. When you can understand that and put yourself in his place you may have more respect for him.

Kimi is a great driver and I am a fan of him, but when you look at how boring and predictable F1 has become in recent decades, its been lacking drivers like Hamilton, he can come along in his first year and show people how easy it can be done, if I was Kimi or any of the other drivers I'd be slightly embarassed more than anything else. F1 needs Hamilton and anyone else who comes along like him!

JAWS
10-Oct-07, 03:28
No fuss, no tantrums, no excuses. How many other drivers who, having just been involved in something like that, would within a few minutes be willing to not only be interviewed but to quite calmly admit it was all their own doing.
By contrast, how many of them would have stormed about the place making excuses and trying to find somebody else to blame?
And not one helmet flung around or any doors left almost hanging off their hinges.
Having seen the behaviour of some former Champions over the last decade or so when things were not going as they wanted I think he behaved impeccably.
And all that, despite some of the blatant gamesmanship which has gone on during this season.

XR2
10-Oct-07, 08:03
Must admit I was gutted to see that happen to Hamilton and would like to see him win the championship this year.

I know there are always two sides to a story but ignoring the stuff in the press Alonso hasn't really come across so well in his interviews this year he just sounds bitter.

johno
10-Oct-07, 09:35
I to was gutted when Lewis withdrew from the race. im no fan of Kimi, i think he is just about the most boring driver in the formula one circuit. the man has the personality of an ice cube. :(
lets hope the trophy comes to Britain this year

Geo
10-Oct-07, 09:46
followed Alonso since he drove for Minardi and he is being made out to look the bad guy.

Well Alonso isn't exactly helping his cause with his actions. He's coming across as a spoilt kid who isn't getting his own way..

Hibeechick
10-Oct-07, 09:51
Ice man all the way :)

Welcomefamily
10-Oct-07, 10:59
I was up to watch the Race and it was a real shame, I hope he wins the next one.

davem
10-Oct-07, 11:44
Alonso hasn't been made out to be the villian of the piece he's done it all on his own. If he can't stand the competition and wants preferential treatment he's not the driver he's supposed to be, true class comes from coping with a challenge, he hasn't yet. He cost Mclaren the championship and he's been petulant and spiteful - not someone I have respect for any more.
Hamilton has rattled him for sure but he should have made his experience pay and driven better instead of giving the psychological edge right back by wingeing.

Anne x
10-Oct-07, 12:04
I think young Lewis Hamilton is just great what this young man has achieved in such a short space of time is just amazing he held his hand up and said he made a mistake which I am quite sure he will learn from a few of our other sportsmen and women could take a lesson from him in the way he conducts himself on track and off and wish him good luck for the next race

Housewifie
10-Oct-07, 14:47
I think he is wonderful

telfordstar
10-Oct-07, 15:55
I for one was well happy to see him crash out i have never been so sick of hearing the new lewis hamilton whenever im watchin the grand prix there are after all how many other drivers in a race. Hes not the only good driver on the track i for one have been watching Jenson Button he has been driving that car really well last few races but does he get a mention, does he heck as like its golden boy hamilton thats all we hear about i for one hope he dosnt win the championship.

bekisman
10-Oct-07, 18:39
"Was I the only one rolling about laughing when golden boy Lewis Hamilton stuck his car in the gravel on sunday" .... "I for one was well happy to see him crash out"
What! - we have a young lad here, who (unlike the rest of em) has been amazing from the very start - what is it with you; sour grapes on success? Bloody hell the lad made a mistake and stuck on the gravel at the entrance to the pits (NC should have got him in earlier before he totally lost tyre grip) And what did Hamilton do? well first he smashed his helmet onto the floor of the garage, ripped off TWO doors and foul-mouthed the team in the Spanish papers. Opps, no sorry, that was Alonzo - you know the one, who tried to force Hamilton off in one race, who held him up at the pits, who tried blackmailing NC, who reported Hamilton (his team mate) for erratic driving behind the safety car.. In fact hamilton (after a bit of a think) quietly gave press conferences..
Go on, give credit where credit is due.. Button is GOOD he outperforms his car, kimii has gone into 'Ferrari mode' - now ignores his fans, like Schumacher.
Be interesting in Brazil, wonder what Alonzo will do there?

jinglejangle
10-Oct-07, 18:40
i too was happy with Sunday's result. At the start of the season I followed Hamilton closely and hoped for a British title holder by the end of the season. However, I find Hamilton to be very arogant - anyone who saw him in the press conference with Alonso after that carry on in the pit lane would agree - making faces beside Alonso when he was speaking is childish and not very professional! I also had to laugh after one race when the camera was on him but he didn't know and as soon as he saw the camera he smiled at it then went over to shake hands with Kimi [defo all for the cameras that young chap!]

Come on Kimi or Alonso!

Anne x
10-Oct-07, 20:38
I for one was well happy to see him crash out i have never been so sick of hearing the new lewis hamilton whenever im watchin the grand prix there are after all how many other drivers in a race. Hes not the only good driver on the track i for one have been watching Jenson Button he has been driving that car really well last few races but does he get a mention, does he heck as like its golden boy hamilton thats all we hear about i for one hope he dosnt win the championship.

Is that not something to do with what we call Media hype or maybe just maybe the commentators !!! is all British sport not the same ie England 66 , Johnny wilkinson whenever he was 2003 maybe !!!Tim Henman Paula Radcliffe the list is endless and good old never failing Colin Montgomerie for Scottish Golf and of course our Commonwealth scottish swimmers who did so well and hardly ever get mentioned at there own sport they are all achievers

camor
10-Oct-07, 20:56
"Was I the only one rolling about laughing when golden boy Lewis Hamilton stuck his car in the gravel on sunday" .... "I for one was well happy to see him crash out"
What! - we have a young lad here, who (unlike the rest of em) has been amazing from the very start - what is it with you; sour grapes on success? Bloody hell the lad made a mistake and stuck on the gravel at the entrance to the pits (NC should have got him in earlier before he totally lost tyre grip) And what did Hamilton do? well first he smashed his helmet onto the floor of the garage, ripped off TWO doors and foul-mouthed the team in the Spanish papers. Opps, no sorry, that was Alonzo - you know the one, who tried to force Hamilton off in one race, who held him up at the pits, who tried blackmailing NC, who reported Hamilton (his team mate) for erratic driving behind the safety car.. In fact hamilton (after a bit of a think) quietly gave press conferences..
Go on, give credit where credit is due.. Button is GOOD he outperforms his car, kimii has gone into 'Ferrari mode' - now ignores his fans, like Schumacher.
Be interesting in Brazil, wonder what Alonzo will do there?

I am not knocking Hamiltons achievements this year but there are one or two reasons for his success other than outright talent (which he has by the bucket load). Maclaren has invested a lot of money in his development, figures of 60M euro have been quoted. The reason he has performed from the start is that he was handed a drive in the best car on the grid, unlike the others who have driven for Minardi and the like prior to joining a top team, also Alonso helped to develop the car prior to Hamilton driving it and Hamilton was using Alonso's set up information to get his own sorted out. He overdrove in China and destroyed his tyres, Kimi and Alonso were on the same rubber but had no problems.
Alonso sitting in the pits at Hungary was due to team strategy, he was held there by his race engineer to give him a clear run out on the track. It was NOT Alonso that reported him for erratic driving, it was Mark Webber, along with several others that backed him up. If he was not partly guilty of that (erratic driving), why did race officials remove the penalty imposed on Seb Vettel after the Japanese event which resulted from his accident with Webber.
Come on Kimi or Fernando.

The Oracle
10-Oct-07, 22:51
There is no doubting he's got talent, but he's also got the best car.

I was watching the presentation of the trophies in Japan.

As the National Anthem played Hamilton looked down at his father who gave him a casual nod. Lewis then straightened himself up looked up and over his shoulder at the Union Flag and sighed with pride.

Stage managed or what and we are all falling for it!

George Brims
11-Oct-07, 01:43
...also Alonso helped to develop the car prior to Hamilton driving it...
Hamilton and Alonso are both new to McLaren this year. Credit the test drivers more than either of them.

He overdrove in China and destroyed his tyres, Kimi and Alonso were on the same rubber but had no problems.
I think it was the timing of the pit stop. McLaren tried to leave him out there as long as possible to see what was going to happen with the weather. The feed in the US kept giving us captions saying it was going to rain again in X minutes, which didn't happen, then the later rain came on with no forecast at all. I did notice Alonso had a good bit more tread left on his tyres when he came in the first time though.

It was NOT Alonso that reported him for erratic driving, it was Mark Webber, along with several others that backed him up. If he was not partly guilty of that (erratic driving), why did race officials remove the penalty imposed on Seb Vettel after the Japanese event which resulted from his accident with Webber.
I believe it was Vettel's team (Toro Rosso) that made the complaint, to try to lessen his penalty. I think the stewards did the best thing in penalising no-one, as the conditions were just dreadful. Vettel certainly seems to have the hang of driving in the rain, looking at how he did in China as well. Maybe his last two performances will get him into a better car for next year?

bekisman
11-Oct-07, 09:45
http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/6495/617/ (http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/6495/617/) :
Alonso, however, was among swarms of Hamilton's fellow grand prix drivers in the Shanghai paddock who criticised his erratic driving behind the safety car a week ago. The 26-year-old admitted that he saw Hamilton execute "unnecessary manoeuvres" in the atrocious conditions, adding: "I overtook Lewis two or three times (behind the safety car), so it seems that we all agree."

Welcomefamily
11-Oct-07, 11:57
Hamilton and Alonso are both new to McLaren this year. Credit the test drivers more than either of them.

I think it was the timing of the pit stop. McLaren tried to leave him out there as long as possible to see what was going to happen with the weather. The feed in the US kept giving us captions saying it was going to rain again in X minutes, which didn't happen, then the later rain came on with no forecast at all. I did notice Alonso had a good bit more tread left on his tyres when he came in the first time though.

I believe it was Vettel's team (Toro Rosso) that made the complaint, to try to lessen his penalty. I think the stewards did the best thing in penalising no-one, as the conditions were just dreadful. Vettel certainly seems to have the hang of driving in the rain, looking at how he did in China as well. Maybe his last two performances will get him into a better car for next year?
They should have brought him in much earlier, he was losing time for a number of laps, is there a race this week or is it the following.
I just getting myself prepared for the Rugby this week end.

Anne x
11-Oct-07, 13:18
Next weekend