PDA

View Full Version : Quickest birth ever !

paris
09-Oct-07, 23:45
Well we became grandparents for the 3rd time today........Oh how sweet i hear you say , but it almost turned to a huge embarrassment for our daughter-in-law. Her waters had gone at about 9am, but not a pain in sight so she thought she may of had just had a little accident and didn't realize they had broken. Anyway of to her mums she went with our son in tow, on route she felt a pop and all of a sudden she had an overwhelming urge to push. By this time son is having kittens and daughter-in-law has crawled to the back seat of the car. Son drove through every red light, jumped the ques and put his foot down, arriving at the hospital 20 minutes after this had all started. Got to a+e , no time for delivery suite , of with her trousers and little Luke was born right there and then. From start to finish 25 Minuets ! Is this a record amongst us ??? Mother and baby doing fine...son ,well that a different story LOL . janx

connieb19
09-Oct-07, 23:47
Congratulations Paris. :) I'm sure there was a story similar to this either here on the org or in the local paper short ago.

Anne x
09-Oct-07, 23:47
congrats Jan how ever it came

anneoctober
10-Oct-07, 01:16
Congratulations grandma/Nana , I KNEW when I started to read your post that it would be a boy , only a lad could cause a sensation entering the world !:) Our first baby, William from start to finish 45 minutes, the gynae consultant said I was built like a chute......:eek:
Enjoy your new grandson ! Love to all, Anne xx

huh
10-Oct-07, 01:49
Congratulations! I think I like being an uncle, you get all the good stuff then when they get gurny they go back to mammy.:Razz

Margaret M.
10-Oct-07, 03:34
Congratulations, Paris. 25 minutes, how I wish!

Alice in Blunderland
10-Oct-07, 06:33
congratulations Paris....................Take it there was no need for pain relief either :lol:

Lolabelle
10-Oct-07, 08:38
Congratulations :D

My grandmother had my aunt in 20 minutes start to finish, she was on her own in a room at the hospital and the nurse said she had ages to go, she popped Paulette out and had to yell out the window to the gardener to get someone. :eek:

BRIE
10-Oct-07, 09:51
congratulations jan hope mother & baby are doing well! thought id done well with my 3 hour labours!

footie chick
10-Oct-07, 11:56
Congratulations wow thats the way to do it. x

mums angels
10-Oct-07, 12:25
well if we are to go by pain alone my last one was about 30 mins but the midwifes counted it from waking with back pain so in total around 2hours , i didn't even realise i was in labour , you'd think by the 3rd i would have :lol:2nd was a very similar story ..my waters broke but no pain phoned the hospital and they told me to come in as first birth was also quick ..no pain until almost reaching hospital and he was then born 10 mins later .

congratulations paris glad that it all went well and all are healthy :)

porshiepoo
10-Oct-07, 13:40
Congrats Jan. Pass our best wishes on to Serena, Wayne and little Luke.
:)

*Martin*
10-Oct-07, 17:13
Congrats.

When my mum went into labour with me my dad went to pick my nana up while mum went in the bath. Nana thought "she'll be ages yet" so they had a cup of tea. Mum was barely in the water and she jumped back out and had me on the floor (queue everyone in the family saying she tried to flush me anytime we had a heated discussion for the next 21 years). What a shock they must have got when they came back and my mum was lying there with me!

Tugmistress
10-Oct-07, 17:23
Congratulations :D glad mum and baby are doing well !
makes me jealous, my 3 were 24hrs, 26hrs and 3hrs :(

Welcomefamily
10-Oct-07, 18:10
Congratulations to all of you

*Martin*
10-Oct-07, 19:06
Congratulations glad mum and baby are doing well !
makes me jealous, my 3 were 24hrs, 26hrs and 3hrs :(

bet your youngest is your favourite :lol:

wifie
10-Oct-07, 19:30
Congratulations to all - wow what a story!

Victoria
10-Oct-07, 19:50
Congratulations!!

My mum went into labour with me on the 2nd Oct so she took herself my 2 brothers and her case on the bus to the hospital.

When she got there they told her i wasn't anywhere nearly ready to come out yet so they sent her home on the bus again!! I finally came out on the 6th!!!

Been late for most things since!

justine
10-Oct-07, 21:37
CONGRATULATIONS.....To you and your family...I am glad that all went well....

well as some orgers know i have done this a few times and it will be easier just to put names and times down otherwise i could be here a while...

Gemma-Louise - 1 hr.
Shauna-Anne - 47 mins
Cheyenne-Marie- 15 mins
Shaolin-Savannah - 12 hrs
Cobi-Channelle -10hrs
Xenon-Chase - 10 hrs 22 mins
Zuleika-Autumn - 72 hrs or 3 days
Theah-Saffron - 2hrs 25 mins...

I am just hoping that this one is a quickish birth....:eek:

Julia
10-Oct-07, 23:58
My last two were born in under two minutes, mind you they both came out via the sunroof!

connieb19
11-Oct-07, 00:00
My last two were born in under two minutes, mind you they both came out via the sunroof!Wow! You gave birth in the car lol. :lol:

young_fishin_neep
11-Oct-07, 00:41
bet your youngest is your favourite :lol:

i have to be the favourite im the only one still at home! :lol: spose i get all the luxuries to

kaz xxxx