PDA

View Full Version : ducks

munchkin
09-Oct-07, 22:09
Hi, could anybody tell me if there is any place around caithness (not to far from wick) that i can take my son to feed ducks ony nice adventure walks ect trying to do diffrent things during holidays many thanks (ps been to dunnet,pictures, wick forest ( oh if anybody is going to see surfs up personally i thought it was very poor.):Razz

TBH
09-Oct-07, 22:32
Hi, could anybody tell me if there is any place around caithness (not to far from wick) that i can take my son to feed ducks ony nice adventure walks ect trying to do diffrent things during holidays many thanks (ps been to dunnet,pictures, wick forest ( oh if anybody is going to see surfs up personally i thought it was very poor.):RazzThere were ducks and peacocks and things out at papigoe, I don't know if they are still tere or not.

fcg02
09-Oct-07, 22:38
yeah they used to be at broadhaven, when the road turns left along to papigoe etc theres a road on the corner going right just after murray street there used to be ducks down there you could feed used to go there with my cousins as a child.

johno
09-Oct-07, 22:54
yep, go straight out Willowbank & at coopers corner just go to wards the rocks and you,ll come onto it. mansons, we call it the menagerie.
goats ducks pigs & peacocks :cool:

Murdina Bug
10-Oct-07, 12:51
Hi,

If you feel like venturing to the Thurso side of the County then you can usually find ducks in the old boating ponds at Thurso riverside. There's a nice walk up the river too - just watch your feet for dog poo![disgust]

The last time that I was at the Castle of Mey they also had a sign for a small animal display (pigs, ducks etc) just off their car park (don't need to go into the Castle). I don't know what it is like, opening times etc - maybe someone on here has been and could comment.

Have fun

mccaugm
10-Oct-07, 14:58
I take my son a walk along the river in Halkirk...there are a number of enclosures with various animals...my little boy loves it.

munchkin
10-Oct-07, 18:45
thankyou all very much, silly question but new to here were is willobank and coopers corner?(:D sorry)

Dog-eared
10-Oct-07, 21:06
Take the road signposted to Noss Head or Staxigoe .
Willowbank is the long straight road from the jobcentre east out of town along the north side of Wick bay to Staxigoe.
Its dead straight out into the countryside,until a tight lefthand bend. Turn right just at the bend,drive down track to ducks etc. Walk further for nice views of the bay,or explore Staxigoe /Papigoe inlets further down main road:).

Welcomefamily
10-Oct-07, 22:29
You can feed Ducks in the park at Thurso

Les McBeath
11-Oct-07, 14:12
down at Thurso boating pond earlier today, about mid-day, and there was a group of nine fairly newly hatched mallard ducklings swimming around. Tho' there are lots of adult birds present also, none of them seem to be caring for all the little ones and they seem to be left to look after themselves.
At one point they all seemed to decide to practice foraging under the water and they all disappeared almost at once but they obviously have not mastered the art yet as they all bounced to the surface like corks almost at the same time as well.

munchkin
11-Oct-07, 20:11
thankyou to you all i will go tomorrow( poor little ducks):~(