PDA

View Full Version : Police

Cookerpebble
09-Oct-07, 21:51
Are any of you orgers police officers. I have applied and have a date to do my entrance tests, which seem pretty straight forward. I'm just wondering what comes next? Are interviews daunting? What is the level of physical fitness required? Any advice gladly received.

Rheghead
09-Oct-07, 22:11
When I did my interview it was to last the whole weekend. Firstly we (there were several applicants)were instructed to get to the Police headquarters on the Friday evening. The programme was to have an informal evening in the bar and chat to the recruitment sergeant and maybe a member of the interview panel. We were being scrutinised the whole evening, word of advice, don't get sozzled.

The saturday morning after breakfast was the fitness assessment. In my day it consisted of running around the track, so many push ups, squats, etc. Different rules for girls and boys but I believe now they adopt the girls standards as a bloke failed but would have passed the girls criteria but claimed sexual discrimination.

Saturday afternoon, consisted of an informal (dress that is)interview, 1 to 1 with a member of the interview panel where you will be asked 101 questions about your private life, sexuality and how you account you have a criminal record as long as your arm. Just be honest, if you have broke the law and they had of disapproved then you wouldn't be selected for interview in the first place but the fact you are there means they are still interested, remember, they aren't looking for saints, they want real people.

Saturday evening, was a night in the bar but without members of the interview panel, try to relax, but you are still being watched so watch it!

Sunday is the big interview consisting of being drilled by 5 senior police officers, word of advice, put on your best frock, be assertive, be honest and keep your sense of humour, don't be put off by the occasion. Your demeanor is being scrutinised at all times. Keep giving the usual desire to do good for the community and all that sort of thing, be sincere or at least try to be.

Good luck, pm me if you want to talk about it. I was accepted btw :)