PDA

View Full Version : does your man still make the effort?

Lindsay
09-Oct-07, 21:00
Does he still surprise you?
Does he make your expectations?
Is he so laid back now that he may as well be on the floor?
How do you rate you`re man?
Answers on a postcard.......................................... ....

karia
09-Oct-07, 21:13
Hi Lindsay,

Indeed, .. he does all that and more!:)

He is my lover, my best friend, my advisor, my chum when I am being silly and my rock when I am sad or scared.

Mostly, he is by my side in the day to day grind and slog!

He is everything I knew he would be ,...AND he makes me laugh! ;)

Lucky karia

Lindsay
09-Oct-07, 21:20
I love my man so much he will never know.
He makes me laugh when times are sad, he makes me laugh when I dont think I can. He is the most reassuring person I will ever know and he makes things right when I completely mess them up. I would never be without him xxxxx

karia
09-Oct-07, 21:27
I love my man so much he will never know.
He makes me laugh when times are sad, he makes me laugh when I dont think I can. He is the most reassuring person I will ever know and he makes things right when I completely mess them up. I would never be without him xxxxx

Lindsay,

Let him know!:)

karia

changilass
09-Oct-07, 21:42
My hubby is so laid back he is horizontal, but then that is what I first liked about him.

He is a rock in what at times have been very stormy waters.

Having said that he is willing to do his share (and sometimes more)

Not saying anymore cos someone will tell him and he'll get all embarased:lol:

rockchick
09-Oct-07, 21:50
What can I say but "yes...Yes...YES!!!"

Every year we've been together is better than the last. He's not only met my expectations, he's exceeded them more times than I can count. He's probably the only person about whom I can say has never, ever, let me down.

My biggest hope is to grow old alongside him...and that he never looses that twinkle in his eye!

armanisgirl
09-Oct-07, 22:04
What a lovely thread and post Lindsay. My other half makes me the happiest I have ever been. I tell him every day how much I love him, just as he tells me. We sit and watch the tv holding hands, we text each other lovey messages when he's at work. He makes the effort every day, even when he's exhausted or ill. I think we both make the effort because we both have failed previous relationships, which I think we have learned from, and made a conscious decision from day one that we would tell each other every day how we feel about each other, be it irritating each other or burstging with love. We may come across as soppy or too 'romantic' or whatever, but I can honestly say this is the best relationship I have ever been in and our efforts seem to be making it as perfect (for us) as a relationship can be. I definately recommend everyone tries to make the effort with their other half!

Lolabelle
09-Oct-07, 22:07
Dave is the only person who can tell me what to do, and not get my back up. He knows me too well and sometimes that is a bit scary.
But he is the kind of person who everyone likes and wants to be around, and he married ME!
After nearly 12 years, my heart still jumps when I see him, or when I see his mobile number come up on the phone.
So yes, he sure does make an effort for and with me, makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful woman on earth.
Better stop now.... :p

wifie
09-Oct-07, 22:27
Aw these posts are great! Yep my hubs is my lover and best friend. We are a great team. He is a fantastic Dad which makes me so proud to see. I could do a whole list but people would be reaching for the sick bags (and probably him too!).

Rheghead
09-Oct-07, 23:29
I just wondered if any f/m orgers went into their relationship with intention of changing their hubbie?:confused

Moira
09-Oct-07, 23:45
I just wondered if any f/m orgers went into their relationship with intention of changing their hubbie?:confused

What on earth are you doing on this thread Rheghead? Do you have a man you wish to share with us? :lol:

paris
09-Oct-07, 23:59
After being together for 30 yrs ,married for 28, i can honestly say i hate his guts !! NO no I'm joking
I love my hubby very very much but don't always like him, ( when i don't get my own way ) lol, He is my sole mate and i don't know what i would do if ever i lost him. Hes a great father/grandfather and a great companion. we love the same things in life and he has always stood by me when needed. He has been at my side always through life's troubles and my illnesses and never complained. YES i love my man very much. Jan x

Rheghead
10-Oct-07, 00:06
What on earth are you doing on this thread Rheghead? Do you have a man you wish to share with us?

Ye ain't sharing him even if there was lol[evil]:Razz Apart form that, I just thought it might be a good thing if unhappy wives actually asked their husbands why they think their hubbies don't seem to be putting the same effort in, I know I'm not in that certain way, it is just that female expectations don't seem to match up with reality, the same goes with male expectations in a relationship. Time moves on, so do relationships, so do priorities within those relationships. The thing that matters most imo is that when those changes happen, we are prepared to accept and adapt instead of living in a world of perennial romance and flowers.

Moira
10-Oct-07, 00:15
Lol - Rheghead - thanks for that. My second question was going to be:- What on earth is a f/m orger?

Rheghead
10-Oct-07, 00:17
What on earth is a f/m orger?

The opposite to a morger. lol Oh and yes I do try to remember to add that bit extra to our marriage :)

Moira
10-Oct-07, 00:46
Ye ain't sharing him even if there was . Apart form that, I just thought it might be a good thing if unhappy wives actually asked their husbands why they think their hubbies don't seem to be putting the same effort in, I know I'm not in that certain way, it is just that female expectations don't seem to match up with reality, the same goes with male expectations in a relationship. Time moves on, so do relationships, so do priorities within those relationships. The thing that matters most imo is that when those changes happen, we are prepared to accept and adapt instead of living in a world of perennial romance and flowers.

Ok Rheghead - I accept what you are saying, partially. BUT go start your own thread on relationships if you wish- we have this one covered :D

Rheghead
10-Oct-07, 01:00
Ok Rheghead - I accept what you are saying, partially. BUT go start your own thread on relationships if you wish- we have this one covered :D

You can't have it covered unless you allow the views of the other half. :D

rockchick
10-Oct-07, 07:51

If a man posts on the Org and no one reads it...is he still wrong?:lol:

Lolabelle
10-Oct-07, 07:56

Absolutely not, I loved him as he was and still do.

Lolabelle
10-Oct-07, 08:00

I think that it's wonderful that a morger would feel comfortable enough with his "fenamen" side to contribute to such a girly thread :Razz

Torvaig
10-Oct-07, 09:26

And since when did women listen to what "the other half" had to say.......:lol:

lady penelope
10-Oct-07, 22:19
When he's not too tired from working.
Or too busy at work.:roll:
He's on holiday next week so I'm sure he'll rise to the occasion ;)

That is if I'm not too busy working or tired after work!

karia
10-Oct-07, 22:22
Or too busy at work.
He's on holiday next week so I'm sure he'll rise to the occasion

Aye! There's the rub!;):lol:

karia

angela5
10-Oct-07, 22:26
Or too busy at work.:roll:
He's on holiday next week so I'm sure he'll rise to the occasion

Shame you couldn't get the same week off Lady Penelope, help take the strain off him doing all that housework.:lol:

Julia
10-Oct-07, 22:47
When I meet Mr Right I will let you know [lol]

nikki
11-Oct-07, 12:12
My boy/f and i have only been together a year, so maybe we dont have the same experiences as many posting on this thread, but i feel that we've grown and changed together, and I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen in the future.

lady penelope
11-Oct-07, 12:54
Shame you couldn't get the same week off Lady Penelope, help take the strain off him doing all that housework.:lol:

Do I look that stupid. Don't answer that.

The kids aren on holiday and he'll be looking after all 3! Shame I'm working.:~(

Anne x
11-Oct-07, 14:07
Simple answer yes very much so !!!

mums angels
11-Oct-07, 14:29
my man makes an effort every time i want one made :lol: he's happy to do something special when i'm in the mood but i banned him bying flowers etc last valentines day ...