PDA

View Full Version : Image help

spurtle
09-Oct-07, 18:13
I have just bought myself a camera and am at a very learner stage.Could someone please tell me how I make my photos small enough to upload onto the org?

Deemac
09-Oct-07, 19:18
I recommend to always take your photos at the highest resolution you can. Then make them smaller (its called resampling or resizing) on your computer. You will need editing software (try Picassa which is free - google for it and download).

Resize to 800 pixels wide by whatever. Upload to Imageshack.com (who will host it for you free), copy the link code (use the insert image button) and post to the Org. in your post.

It's a bit of a fussy procedure to start with until you get all the steps in the right order. I'm sure this subject has been covered before.

Hope this is of help.

luskentyre
09-Oct-07, 23:31
Both Thurso and Wick colleges run a Digital Imaging evening class (alternately, as I'm the only tutor at the moment). It starts with topics such as resizing, cropping etc. and moves onto restoration and some of the effects you can apply. Might be worth considering if you're a beginner.

Lolabelle
10-Oct-07, 08:03
I just upload it to photobucket and then use the link. I don't have to resize it on my computer then.

spurtle
10-Oct-07, 09:55
Thanks everyone .Hopefully I shall be posting a few pics soon