PDA

View Full Version : Titanic

poppett
09-Oct-07, 14:25
Currently on display in Thurso Library is a large model of "Titanic" build by Bob Thorne who is 87 years old. It was donated to him via a "Crossroads" carer and it is being raffled for funds for "Crossroads" Caithness.

It is well worth a look if you are along that part of town, and posters are being distributed advertising the raffle.

I hope it does really well for "Crossroads" funds, as the more they make the more care for carers they can provide in the Caithness area.

bobandag16
10-Oct-07, 19:12
well worth a visit for a good cause. this is my first post.:cool::cool:

bluelady
10-Oct-07, 21:11
welcome to the org. :)

horseman
10-Oct-07, 21:17
Sounds interesting,an welcome bob (an co):)

Welcomefamily
10-Oct-07, 22:21
I have got copies of the menus that were going to be used on that night, the food was great and certainly showed a little class distinction.

poppett
11-Oct-07, 14:35
Welcome Bobandag 16.

Quite a few posters up around Thurso now advertising tickets for the raffle. Hope they make a "mint"............"poppett"...........got it?

Happy postings on the org...........it`s addictive!

nanoo
11-Oct-07, 15:52
welcome to the family of org, Bobandag16 and congratulations on your first post. We hope you have many more of them as well. ;)

oldmarine
12-Oct-07, 02:19
welcome to the family of org, Bobandag16 and congratulations on your first post. We hope you have many more of them as well. ;)

The same greetings from me.

Anne x
12-Oct-07, 11:00
well worth a visit for a good cause. this is my first post.:cool::cool:

greetings and happy posting

poppett
16-Oct-07, 08:57
I see quite a few posters up in Thurso advertising the raffle for "Titanic" and much talk about the project circulating. Hope "Crossroads" do well out of this as they do wonderful work offering respite and care for those in need.

poppett
02-Nov-07, 17:46
Titanic" will be on the move from Thurso Library to the John O`Groat Journal office in Wick on Monday 5th November. Posters and raffle tickets will be on sale there too.

poppett
07-Nov-07, 13:18
For those who did not get the opportunity to see the model in the library or get to Wick to see it at the "Groat" office there is a photograph of it in today`s Courier taken by John MacRae at the library in Thurso.