PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic DMR ES10 DVD Recorder

Liz
15-Aug-05, 20:31
I was wondering whether anyone has this and what do you think of it?

I bought one quite a few months ago but there was a copywright problem with my Freeview box which has now hopefully been resolved.

However, I've read about an 'Extlink bug' with this model and haven't installed mine yet so it's still sitting on top of the wardrobe! :roll:

Liz

johnl
15-Aug-05, 22:30
Should not be a problem as the dvdr operates like a video.Or at least mine does! :roll:

Liz
15-Aug-05, 22:39
Hope it will be ok but I've read on other forums that quite a few people have this bug on their machine which affects recording.

I suppose I'll just have to 'take the plunge' and install it and hope for the best! :roll:

mysophales
16-Aug-05, 13:41
Hi There, i have a panasonic DMR E85H hard disc recorder, there are a lot of programs that are copyright protected, and the panasonic won't record anything with copyright, i tried Videos, Freeview and sky with no joy, my way around the problem was to buy a box of tricks (£79 - £99) from an online company called Satalogue, it has a scart in and out, you record through this box of tricks and it strips the copyright out of everything i have tried so far.

Liz
16-Aug-05, 17:45
Hi Mysophales

Thanks for that! Can you tell me what the 'box of tricks' is called?

The copyright problem I had/have seems to be with the Freeview box and so I got a software update which is supposed to sort this problem but if it then I'll get the gadget you have as it sounds good.

Liz

mysophales
16-Aug-05, 20:48
Hi There, this is the url for the company i bought my box of tricks from.

http://www.satalogue.com/section6/page0.htm

Liz
17-Aug-05, 14:59
Cheers Myspholaes! :D

Liz