PDA

View Full Version : Any Instrument Techs/ Sparkys out there?

moncur
08-Oct-07, 20:38
The Empty Fortune PA has started to play up. its a carlsbro marlin powered mixer. Terrible buzzing when its operating and even worse when the phantom power is turned on.

Is it worth getting fixed? Or will i just splash out on a new power amp and mixer?

fred
08-Oct-07, 22:39
The Empty Fortune PA has started to play up. its a carlsbro marlin powered mixer. Terrible buzzing when its operating and even worse when the phantom power is turned on.

Is it worth getting fixed? Or will i just splash out on a new power amp and mixer?

What sort of a buzz? Is it a 50 cycle hum or a white noise buzz?

Does it still work ok apart from the buzz?

davem
09-Oct-07, 06:10
There is a guy in Alness who is a bit of a star with all PA's, amps etc. Only prob. is gettng stuff down and back. Could find out his no. if you you like.

Dave

Deemac
09-Oct-07, 15:50
Go active!! Best PA system I ever used. (No separate amps to mess with)

If you can afford it get an Elecrovoice system. Next best is a Mackie set-up. Just add a Sub if you need more bottom end. The Behringer mixers are also very good for the price/facility.

Just a thought but have you checked all your cables first? They have a habit of being stood on and mangled!!

the_big_mac
09-Oct-07, 19:37

Did you pair use that on Sunday night!? :eek:

moncur
09-Oct-07, 20:29
Did you pair use that on Sunday night!? :eek:

yip, not a good plan. but got a short term solution which will be ok for this friday

the_big_mac
09-Oct-07, 20:36
yip, not a good plan. but got a short term solution which will be ok for this friday

Jeez, i can imagine! It sounds awful.