PDA

View Full Version : my wee rant

NLP
07-Oct-07, 15:48
Today I went into the garden to find someone had been in the garden overnight and broke my daughters wendy house, I and Mr P are so mad. whoever did this knew it was a childs toy, they also had some fun on her slide as it was covered in mud and footprints, this items were presents and not cheap ones as anyone with children will know, we know the chances of the police catching anyone are nil. I hope whoever did this is proud of themselfs, [disgust] end of rant.

hotrod4
07-Oct-07, 15:57
Its a shame that nothing is safe anymore.
A wendy house to a child is like a second limb so your daughter must be distraught.
It was probably people on their way home from the pub who thought it would be fun, not much fun for you though.
I just wish some people would respect others property with the respect they would expect back.

Julia
07-Oct-07, 16:10
It's awful to know someone has been in your garden while you are asleep, and to break your daughter's wendy house is completely malicious, you should report it to the police.

I know exactly how you feel, someone stole a bag containing the springs for my daughter's trampoline, it's now completely useless and to replace the springs will cost about £40. I've now have a padlock on my 6ft garden gate and make sure I lock it every night, I don't feel secure otherwise.

anneoctober
07-Oct-07, 16:13
Poor wee wifie, give her a kiss and a cuddle from all on the Org. Unfortunately I doubt if the airheads will be concerned or even remember...............:mad:

NLP
07-Oct-07, 16:39
It's awful to know someone has been in your garden while you are asleep, and to break your daughter's wendy house is completely malicious, you should report it to the police.

I know exactly how you feel, someone stole a bag containing the springs for my daughter's trampoline, it's now completely useless and to replace the springs will cost about £40. I've now have a padlock on my 6ft garden gate and make sure I lock it every night, I don't feel secure otherwise.

I did get the police up they are going to talk to the neighbours and drive up the street at night so any groups hanging around will go elsewhere. I guess they can't do much else it is just so maddening.

Ash
07-Oct-07, 17:00
this is awful and the thing is that it doesnt matter how much it cost, no one had the right to break it! [evil]

Lolabelle
07-Oct-07, 22:53

This always works for me, no one will come into our yard, which is why I have em, with Dave away most of the time :evil
Mind you, I couldn't leave any thing out, as he would pee on it anyway.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/Lolabelle_2007/DSC00292.jpg

botheed
07-Oct-07, 23:04
This always works for me, no one will come into our yard, which is why I have em, with Dave away most of the time :evil
Mind you, I couldn't leave any thing out, as he would pee on it anyway.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/Lolabelle_2007/DSC00292.jpgwhat about the poor postie?

Julia
07-Oct-07, 23:25
My dog does not make a very good guard dog, she only ever barks at helicopters and low-flying jets! LOL

Lolabelle
08-Oct-07, 09:02
what about the poor postie?

LOL, the postie is very careful, and only comes into the front yard, the letter box is on the fence and they go off at him. :eek:

paris
08-Oct-07, 11:02
Even though we are fenced all round our front garden now and again we get some idiot who comes in and tramples on my garden , breaking plants that i have spent ages looking after . I get sooooooo mad i could strangle them . jan x[evil]

xx_chickie
09-Oct-07, 13:43
That's such a shame :( Why do people do that?! It's so unnecessary! Hope you catch the yobs, NLP!

Cookerpebble
09-Oct-07, 14:05
Is there a chance of home contents insurance replacing it, I once had a bike stolen from my garage when I lived down the road in Aberdeen. The garage was wide open and as you do I left the garage for a second, when I came back bike was gone. Told all this to the police and the insurance and amazingly the insurance paid up. This was about 10 years ago though, times are a changing.

*Martin*
09-Oct-07, 15:08
Really sorry to hear this happened! I think as a society we are too soft. People do what they do because they know that even if they got caught all they would get is a slap on the wrists at the most. Bring back the stocks. Can you imagine wandering up the precinct on a Saturday and the turd that vandalised your property was in the stocks? I don't know if I would chuck stones, rotten veg or just go and see what I can pull out the doggy bins (wearing a glove of course) If there was more of a punishment people MAY think twice...

DIH
09-Oct-07, 16:20
Do you want Bouncer over for a few days? I think she will stop people going into your garden!! :)

floyed
09-Oct-07, 16:46
what about the poor postie?

You will be lucky to find a postie at the moment!! :lol: