PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Thread...

Tubthumper
07-Oct-07, 14:18
I started a new thread earlier today, which seems to have vanished. Anyone fancy letting me know why?

anneoctober
07-Oct-07, 14:24
I started a new thread earlier today, which seems to have vanished. Anyone fancy letting me know why?
It wis nae me tubthumper BUT a couple of weeks back I started a thread commenting on Caley's first win of the season, the next day it had mysteriosly moved to the sport section. Sounds fair you think, why then does it say on that forum that any sport not relating to Caithness will be removed.....?:eek: :lol:

johno
07-Oct-07, 14:50
was,nt that about the castletown accident. I think that these threads are rightfully removed to save the feelings of any relatives.

Raonaid
07-Oct-07, 15:09
I think that these threads are rightfully removed to save the feelings of any relatives.

Good point. Though if that was taken further to prevent hurting other folk's feelings then there should be quite a few other subjects that will be taboo, eg, 911, Iraq, Afghanistan, Diana, rail crashes, local crime, drunks, Madeleine McCann, etc etc. The list is endless.

johno
07-Oct-07, 15:21
Good point. Though if that was taken further to prevent hurting other folk's feelings then there should be quite a few other subjects that will be taboo, eg, 911, Iraq, Afghanistan, Diana, rail crashes, local crime, drunks, Madeleine McCann, etc etc. The list is endless.

true but it is a caithness site & certain things a little closer to home hurt more. im not with admin most of the time, but this time i agree with them.

j4bberw0ck
07-Oct-07, 19:56
I exchanged pms with the person who was affected by the post. It was a member of their family injured. Given the propensity of people here to invent their own histories (according to their own prejudices) to whatever happens - think McCann threads, think tazers - the idea that there'd be 43 different versions of what happened and whose fault it was and and why, within a hour or two, was causing some distress.

Just let it rest. It's the kindest way to play it. No comment is being made at your expense, Tubthumper, but there are those here who can't rest until blame has been firmly nailed, superglued and hogtied to some poor son of a bitch. And it isn't needed.

Removal of the thread was the best thing to do.

Tubthumper
07-Oct-07, 22:35
...Removal of the thread was the best thing to do.
I think it would be best to advise BEBO to do the same then. If it isn't possible to offer condolences to members of our community on our community website, I wonder what the point of that community website is.
Nothing but sympathy to all those affected by the accident.