PDA

View Full Version : christmas

dunderheed
07-Oct-07, 14:04
Christmas

Christmas comes early for couple (BBC News)

There are still 79 shopping days until Christmas, but that has not stopped one couple from decorating their home with all the trimmings.

Craig and Kelly Kitchener, from Llwynypia in the Rhondda, have put up their Christmas tree and even wrapped each other's presents.

The newly-weds decorated a month ago on 4 September saying they wanted to get into the "Christmas spirit".

"We are like big kids but we both love Christmas," said Mr Kitchener.

The couple, who married earlier this year, said they wanted to get their house trimmed up for Christmas early.

"We wanted it to be special because it is the first year we have spent Christmas as a married couple," explained Mrs Kitchener, 21.

"My father usually decorates his house really early, like in August, but this year we have got the decorations up first.

"He thinks we are mad though and so do some of our neighbours.

"The kids have been telling me that Halloween is first but I don't like Halloween.

"All I'm hoping for is snow for Christmas day now and it will be perfect."

Mr Kitchener, 25, shares his wife's love of Christmas.

"If I had a choice I wouldn't bring them down," he laughed.

"And as soon as Halloween is over, we'll be putting lights up outside the house too.

"It's normally so dark and gloomy this time of the year that we thought we would cheer ourselves up with the decorations," he added.

So what do the couple say to people who think it is to early for Christmas festivities?

"I'd say they've got no spirit of Christmas at all - you've got to get into it," laughed Mrs Kitchener.

nutters!!!

sam
07-Oct-07, 14:18
I saw this earlier on the news web site, each to their own i guess, personally i think its really stupid.
She also states that her dad normally starts in august with his decorations but not this year, yet she says her dad thinks she is mad, A contradiction or what :confused

anneoctober
07-Oct-07, 14:29
Christmas

Christmas comes early for couple (BBC News)

There are still 79 shopping days until Christmas, but that has not stopped one couple from decorating their home with all the trimmings.

Craig and Kelly Kitchener, from Llwynypia in the Rhondda, have put up their Christmas tree and even wrapped each other's presents.

The newly-weds decorated a month ago on 4 September saying they wanted to get into the "Christmas spirit".

"We are like big kids but we both love Christmas," said Mr Kitchener.

The couple, who married earlier this year, said they wanted to get their house trimmed up for Christmas early.

"We wanted it to be special because it is the first year we have spent Christmas as a married couple," explained Mrs Kitchener, 21.

"My father usually decorates his house really early, like in August, but this year we have got the decorations up first.

"He thinks we are mad though and so do some of our neighbours.

"The kids have been telling me that Halloween is first but I don't like Halloween.

"All I'm hoping for is snow for Christmas day now and it will be perfect."

Mr Kitchener, 25, shares his wife's love of Christmas.

"If I had a choice I wouldn't bring them down," he laughed.

"And as soon as Halloween is over, we'll be putting lights up outside the house too.

"It's normally so dark and gloomy this time of the year that we thought we would cheer ourselves up with the decorations," he added.

So what do the couple say to people who think it is to early for Christmas festivities?

"I'd say they've got no spirit of Christmas at all - you've got to get into it," laughed Mrs Kitchener.

nutters!!!
Pepsi ! it looks leck wir no get an mincemeat pies at dunderheed's hoose..:~( ;)