PDA

View Full Version : 120 seconds between posts? Outrageous...

Riffman
05-Oct-07, 23:05
Grr this is driving me up the wall.

Unlike some people I browse in the modern style. That means that with one click and some nifty mouse work I can open a dozen or so threads in tabs. I can then read through them and reply.

Except I have to wait 2 minutes between posts! This is crazy, it will take me a minimum of 24 minutes to answer a dozen posts.

I do not like wasting time, and this is the main reason why I do not like posting on this forum, it is too slow.

So, can someone cut it down a realistic limit. Spam bots disregard limits anyway.

5 seconds between post is the limit on my normal forum.

Regards,

Riff

laguna2
05-Oct-07, 23:07
It drives us up the wall too .... but then on this board we are on Caithness time ... and there is not rush ....so just enjoy the slow pace :D

sam
05-Oct-07, 23:12
I reckon its like that to stop people posting loads of crap posts really quickly:eek:
otherwise some might be tempted to use the threads like chat rooms

DeHaviLand
05-Oct-07, 23:12
Except I have to wait 2 minutes between posts! This is crazy, it will take me a minimum of 24 minutes to answer a dozen posts.

I do not like wasting time, and this is the main reason why I do not like posting on this forum, it is too slow.

I hate to be pedantic, (actually, I dont) but it will take a minimum of 22 minutes to answer a dozen posts. :)

laguna2
05-Oct-07, 23:26
ahhhhhh ... but could that be if you are answering them thoughtfully and sensibly?????

DeHaviLand
05-Oct-07, 23:32
ahhhhhh ... but could that be if you are answering them thoughtfully and sensibly?????

Its the Org, it'll never happen :D:D

Jeemag_USA
05-Oct-07, 23:35
I agree, its there to stop people rapidly trying to up their post count, but at the end of the day who cares. When I come on I read all the new threads and answer the ones i want to. I type very fast and always have to end up waiting for the 120 seconds thing. Think its unecessary. Also the three smiley rule is just as annoying [lol]

Free the smilies!!!!

northener
05-Oct-07, 23:39
Riffman,

You could use the waiting time to build that nice shiny Vans RV on your avatar:D

Julia
05-Oct-07, 23:41
The 120 second rule is particularly annoying in Games, Threads and Jokes. Most of the games I play only require a two word answer and it takes absolute ages. What about a 60 second delay which would be far more acceptable in my opinion.

anneoctober
06-Oct-07, 00:24
The 120 second rule is particularly annoying in Games, Threads and Jokes. Most of the games I play only require a two word answer and it takes absolute ages. What about a 60 second delay which would be far more acceptable in my opinion.
hear hear ! By the time you answer your game question etc, someone else has sneaked in and left one with egg on one's face........:lol:

nanoo
06-Oct-07, 01:48
sometimes anneoctober, it can be a couple of cocktails and thats not too bad eh? seriously though it drives us all mad. 92...........61...............47.......23......... 12.........2......grrrrrrrrrrrr:lol:[lol]

Welcomefamily
06-Oct-07, 07:18
But it gives every one a chance, it would be better if it was only prevented on the same thread so at least you could jump from pillar to post

Lolabelle
06-Oct-07, 09:43
It usually only bothers me on the games threads. Most of the rest of the time I don't have a problem. But maybe I am just a slow at typing. Actually, I'm not that slow, just really bad and have to backspace all the time to correct, and then I usually have to go back and edit spelling anyway.

Angela
06-Oct-07, 09:59
It usually only bothers me on the games threads. Most of the rest of the time I don't have a problem. But maybe I am just a slow at typing. Actually, I'm not that slow, just really bad and have to backspace all the time to correct, and then I usually have to go back and edit spelling anyway.

I agree, Lolabelle. It really only bothers me on the games threads. That's why I've given them up....:(

I'd like to be able to use more smilies though. In real life I wave my hands around a lot (hard to do while typing) and have what's politely called a "mobile face" [lol]....here I'd like more smilies to give more expression to my posts.

I know some folk don't like using them at all and find them a distraction, but it would be nice to have the option.

NickInTheNorth
06-Oct-07, 10:24
totally agree both about the 120 second rule, and the smilies, and also the "no link in sigs" rule

all very tiresome and unneccessary!

Riffman
06-Oct-07, 17:41
Well, good to see I am not alone in this issue!

sam
06-Oct-07, 17:47
Jeez I cant believe that having to wait 120 seconds between posts is such a big issue to some folk, God with all the crap that is going on in the world, what is the big deal?? :confused :roll:

karia
06-Oct-07, 17:53
Hi Folks,

A little time to contemplate what you are about to post...how can that be a bad thing?;)

karia

Riffman
06-Oct-07, 19:24
Well anyway, I don't hang around here much, so it does not really matter.

I'm back of to POTN....

Welcomefamily
07-Oct-07, 09:59
Should we not change it to 3 hours between posts like on Saturday
sorry 16 secs to wait
now 1 sec to wait