PDA

View Full Version : Specsavers in Wick

ashaw1
05-Oct-07, 20:37
I am sure i read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that Specsavers Opticians were visiting The Norseman Hotel in Wick sometime this month doing eye tests etc. Have lost the leaflet and just wondered if anyone knew when and what time.

NickInTheNorth
05-Oct-07, 20:48
I am sure i read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that Specsavers Opticians were visiting The Norseman Hotel in Wick sometime this month doing eye tests etc. Have lost the leaflet and just wondered if anyone knew when and what time.

I don't have the details to hand, but you can get full details on the specsaver website

scorrie
05-Oct-07, 21:00
I am fairly sure it is November before they are due up again, as they were in the Norseman a couple of weeks ago. Hope this helps.

Julia
05-Oct-07, 22:59
Specsavers will be back in November...

23rd - 27th in Wick and Thurso

pirateeye
05-Oct-07, 23:01
i have the leaflet right here and it says theyre up friday 5th october to sunday 7th october at park hotel thurso
then monday 8h oct to tuesday 9th oct at norseman wick

scorrie
05-Oct-07, 23:24
i have the leaflet right here and it says theyre up friday 5th october to sunday 7th october at park hotel thurso
then monday 8h oct to tuesday 9th oct at norseman wick

I spoke to the guys two weeks and they said that the leaflets saying October were incorrect.

emb123
06-Oct-07, 00:26
some 16 months ago I got my eye test done by Specsavers, but purchased my actual spectacles online from http://selectspecs.com (selected currency GBP - top right corner). At the time, I bought pair of (single-vision) designer (Fratini) titanium, rimless glasses with thin lenses, hardcoat, anti-glare & UV protection coating for £26 (including delivery within 6 days and option to return within 7 days if dissatisfied for any reason). Complete with leather style embossed case and microfibre cloth. My prescription is strong (-5 dioptres in each eye, blind as a bat without them basically).

Passing on the recommendation. Although prices have gone up a bit since I bought mine (it's now about £30 for a pair of prescription titanium rimless etc etc). Equivalent price in Specsavers is about £260, and Specsavers are cheaper than most opticians.

My advice: shop around, unless money is no object.

pirateeye
06-Oct-07, 01:36
I spoke to the guys two weeks and they said that the leaflets saying October were incorrect.
seriously? hmm, that's sad

ashaw1
06-Oct-07, 09:01
some 16 months ago I got my eye test done by Specsavers, but purchased my actual spectacles online from http://selectspecs.com (selected currency GBP - top right corner). At the time, I bought pair of (single-vision) designer (Fratini) titanium, rimless glasses with thin lenses, hardcoat, anti-glare & UV protection coating for £26 (including delivery within 6 days and option to return within 7 days if dissatisfied for any reason). Complete with leather style embossed case and microfibre cloth. My prescription is strong (-5 dioptres in each eye, blind as a bat without them basically).

Passing on the recommendation. Although prices have gone up a bit since I bought mine (it's now about £30 for a pair of prescription titanium rimless etc etc). Equivalent price in Specsavers is about £260, and Specsavers are cheaper than most opticians.

My advice: shop around, unless money is no object.
Thanks for that! Have bookmarked the site for future reference. Money is always an object!

brandy
07-Oct-07, 16:36
have just ordered me a pair.. cost 20 lbs with shipping and that is with everything *G* looking fowards to getting them and seeing what like they are!
so this is what i ordered.. looks well worth it *G*
Description: Hush, 8021 Unisex Semi-Rimless Prescription spectacles, 51/18/135
Option3: Pink
Link to item: http://www.selectspecs.com/detailps.php?item=101.25
Lens Type: Distance/general use (single vision)
Thin and Light Lenses selected
Anti Reflection selected
UV400 selected
Scratch resistance: selected
Right Sphere SPH: -1.50
Right Cylinder CYL: -0.25
Right Axis: 92
Right Addition ADD: 0
Pupillary Distance/PD: 63
Left Sphere SPH: -1.25
Left Cylinder CYL: -0.50
Left Axis: 70
Left Addition ADD: 0

bosco
08-Oct-07, 19:22
if you purchase from selectspecs and they need ajusted to make them fit properly how do you go about getting them ajusted to fit. = as i am thinking about giving them a try.

emb123
08-Oct-07, 19:37
if you purchase from selectspecs and they need ajusted to make them fit properly how do you go about getting them ajusted to fit. = as i am thinking about giving them a try.
I suppose that is part of what you pay (through the nose) for if you buy from an optician. My glasses fitted no problem (I got two pairs at different times) and a friend of mine had no bother with his ones either.

If necessary I would bend them myself, using a hairdryer if heat was required but if you asked nicely I imagine a local optician would probably help. If necessary I would happily pay a small fee, though I doubt that you would be asked to pay one. I know that one time I bought a pair of vintage Ray-ban sunglasses off eBay and asked the local optician if they would be kind enough to adjust them for me and they didn't mind one little bit. I made a point of picking a quiet time though.

bekisman
08-Oct-07, 20:56
Not glasses, but can fully recommend Daysoft contact lenses - cheapest I've found but top quality - AND the Company is Scottish ( Blantyre) run by Ron Hamilton , "I revolutionised the contact lenses market by inventing and introducing the world’s first daily disposable contact lens"
(Me, I use mono-lenses; that is one eye for reading and the other eye for long distance; 80% of folk can do this and yes, it does work!)
http://www.daysoft.co.uk/contactlenswearers/index.asp (http://www.daysoft.co.uk/contactlenswearers/index.asp)

bosco
08-Oct-07, 21:28
thanks for the info emb123 i will give them a try, i just wasnt sure what to do as i have always used specsavers, at least i will save some money:cool:

emb123
08-Oct-07, 22:09
thanks for the info emb123 i will give them a try, i just wasnt sure what to do as i have always used specsavers, at least i will save some money:cool:
no bother, hope you get good results! I found that I had to telephone the chap a few times prior to placing my order because I had some difficulty finding out the centres information for my lenses. He couldn't have been politer or more helpful, even after I had to phone and pester him a few times. All for such a very low cost too. If you have any problems or doubts beforehand do give them a call - they were very nice people to deal with. :)

chocolatechip
08-Oct-07, 22:26
Just to mention I saw a specsavers van in Thurso today on the way home from work and they were in the New Weigh Inn:D