PDA

View Full Version : Monty Roberts Demo

stixie
05-Oct-07, 14:49
Hi everyone

Discovered yesterday that the one and only Monty Roberts is doing a 3hr Demonstration at Gleneagles on the 20th October.....still tickets left!!

I bought mine straight away and cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!

Torvaig
05-Oct-07, 18:27
Hi everyone

Discovered yesterday that the one and only Monty Roberts is doing a 3hr Demonstration at Gleneagles on the 20th October.....still tickets left!!

I bought mine straight away and cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I'll ask.... who is Monty Roberts please? A showman on a horse, used to live in Berriedale, is lurking in the back of my grey matter.....:confused

stixie
05-Oct-07, 20:32
Monty Roberts is the original horse whisperer! Google him and you'll find out more. He has many books out. He teaches natural horsemanship and his demo is going to be greeat, cannot wait!

Torvaig
05-Oct-07, 23:11
Ah yes, I got it kinda wrong!

tilly
05-Oct-07, 23:43
Think the guy from Berriedale called himself "Mountie Joe" or something like that, wow I am full of the useless information tonight:roll: I would love to go to see Monty Roberts but its a bit far away really[lol]

Torvaig
05-Oct-07, 23:49
Not useless; I can now sleep tonight!

Lolabelle
06-Oct-07, 08:29
I saw Monte Roberts out here, AWESOME!!!!!:Razz

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
21-Oct-07, 21:03
was also at Monty Roberts in Gleneagles last night.....he was amazing.....saw stixie there too and a few other yokels from the far north....was well worth the trip!!

porshiepoo
21-Oct-07, 22:34
was also at Monty Roberts in Gleneagles last night.....he was amazing.....saw stixie there too and a few other yokels from the far north....was well worth the trip!!

Boo Hoo I missed it!
We should have organised some kind of mass trip down there. Hired a minivan or something.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
09-Feb-08, 23:38
well after progression from the Monty Roberts demo - and the great horse and country tv I have decided to check out Parelli......anyone else interested?

ett23
15-Feb-08, 13:59
Yes I'm keen. Going to the Heather Gibson evening demo on March 8th at Halkirk indoor school. She bases her teaching on Parelli. Should be really interesting! :D

Appaloosamare
23-Jun-08, 12:32
Monty is back in Gleneagles this back end - was at it last year -0 very good but it led me to parelli and now I prefer it because there is sp much more support and material for you take yourself forward with it!!!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
21-Jul-08, 17:27
Appaloosa are you goin to Parelli celebration in August in Birmingham , myself and a friend travelling down flying out of Aberdeen!!

divanp75
24-Jul-08, 14:47
If this lady was giving a demo I would definetly be going.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XxUGEN9kS9o

her name is Stacy Westfall

and she does Bridleless Bareback Reining Horseback Riding !!!

tilly
24-Jul-08, 22:55
Wow just watched stacy on utube and its amazing! I think it may be a while before I try riding my own horse without any tack tho:)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
27-Jul-08, 21:37
my coloured cob can be ridden no bother with no tack at all - she's such a sweetheart!!!