PDA

View Full Version : power cut in thurso last night

Mr P Cannop
05-Oct-07, 06:34
did any one else have no power last night ??

mums angels
05-Oct-07, 09:30
all the shops seemed to be out of power yesterday with most having to close (coop and woolworths) the butchers and i &N brass were serving in the dark , and some houses up castlegreen area that i know of , i was luckily fine at the far end of castlegreen :D

crashbandicoot1979
05-Oct-07, 11:40
The power in our office in the town centre went off at about 4.30. What a bang it gave! Loads of other shops in the town centre were out too, and so was my parents, they live near Springpark. My house is in Mt Vernon and it was fine. An explosion at the sub-station caused it, apparently....

corgiman
05-Oct-07, 11:41
There was a problem with the substation in Sir Archibald road, it affected about 1200 people or so the hydro said.

changilass
05-Oct-07, 12:11
In Castletown we just got a dip in power, nothing actually went off, hubby says the same happened out at dounreay

mccaugm
05-Oct-07, 14:25
Was getting my hair done at the college last night and the power flickered but luckily it didn't go of fully..lord knows what would I would have looked like...LOL!

Cattach
05-Oct-07, 14:56
Was getting my hair done at the college last night and the power flickered but luckily it didn't go of fully..lord knows what would I would have looked like...LOL!

An improvement if your photo is anything to go by!!!

mccaugm
05-Oct-07, 14:58
CHEEKY![lol]

thirsaloon
05-Oct-07, 15:08
Moisture got into the workings of the substation which caused it to blow, big cloud of black smoke rose from it at the time!

Mr P Cannop
05-Oct-07, 18:14
Moisture got into the workings of the substation which caused it to blow, big cloud of black smoke rose from it at the time!

did it go on fire ??

lagertops
05-Oct-07, 20:47
No fire,but lucky no one was walking past it at the time.Would have gave them some fright.

Elenna
05-Oct-07, 21:24

Thats where I was , too, mccaugm! Though, luckily, I was just finished and going out. I did hope on the way home, though, that the power stayed on for everyone else! I'm glad to hear that it did. :)