PDA

View Full Version : Dog Cage Needed

singysmum
04-Oct-07, 21:49
We are so excited. We are collecting our new 'huskamute' puppy from Balmore on Saturday. It is so long since we had one so young and we can hardly wait:lol:

As his new friend Cassie, our German Shepherd bitch, has the run of the house, we don't want restrict her whilst we are training him and so we wonder if any of you orgers out there know of anybody who would lend, hire or sell us a collapsible cage to use for his initial house training. we wouldn't be using it to keep him in as he gets older so a small to medium size would suit us.

It is years since we had a young puppy so we have been trying to remember what it is like to have a puppy about - maybe it's as well that we can't!!:Razz

Hope somebody can help, many thanks Helen

rhino
05-Oct-07, 09:42
pets at home sell them.

Dman
05-Oct-07, 15:05
Hi,
I've got a cage, it's in virtualy new cond, have had it a couple of years now used it to transport 2 cats from down south to here, don't know if it's big enough for you but the sizes are, 20" high, 24" long and 18" wide would like to ask for £15 for it, if your not sure if it'll be big enough for the dog you're welcome to see first.

carasmam
05-Oct-07, 15:33
have pm'd you :D

singysmum
05-Oct-07, 18:28
Thanks for those replies rhino, Dman and carasmam, but we are sorted now.:lol:

Tomorrow is our big day and we can hardly wait - spent all day making the garden puppy proof (we think) I'm sure Shadow will have other ideas!.;)

Dman
05-Oct-07, 18:37
:)you are welcome and good luck with your new dog.

carasmam
05-Oct-07, 19:31
You are welcome, I want to see photos though !! Bet he is a beauty :D

singysmum
07-Oct-07, 19:04
Well we have got him home now!! We think he is going to be a really handsome chap as he is so cute now. Cassie our rescued shepherd is still a bit apprehensive as she would love him to play chase but he is not fast enough, but when he wants to bite her ears or tug-of-war her tail that is not so good and she goes off him a bit then. :lol:

He had a bath when we got him home to remove the kennel smell and so he had a fairly traumatic time altogether - that didn't stop him making looooots of noise though, when we went to bed.

Got up earlier than we normally would today and he has had a great time exploring. We think he is going to be fairly intelligent because he chased one of our cats and when it disappeared through the cat flap it took him about 30 seconds to suss how it worked and he followed her out! No doubt we will find him with it aroung his neck when he gets bigger and still tries to get through it.

I will try to post pictures when I have some decent ones but as I haven't done it before I will have to learn about that first. Thanks for your good wishes we will keep you posted. Helen