PDA

View Full Version : Labradoodle puppies

goldenguernsey
04-Oct-07, 17:50
My daughter has labradoodle puppies for sale, they are coming up 4 weeks old this weekend and have just started to lap. She has 3 males and 6 females and most are really really curly, probably because the mother is a labradoodle and the father is a poodle. They are all black in colour and we will try to put some photos on soon as they are so cute.
These puppies will be wormed and vaccinated before they leave us and will be ready to go in another 4 weeks time.
They are all well grown and are thriving on goats milk now.

stewart4364
06-Oct-07, 16:01
Can you please let me know how much they are.

Thank you

goldenguernsey
11-Oct-07, 18:40
Hope I've managed to up load the photo? never done this before

Mik.M.
11-Oct-07, 20:43
can you let me know how much one would be?

DM07
14-Oct-07, 21:54
How much are you looking for a female puppy?

goldenguernsey
15-Oct-07, 01:34
can you let me know how much one would be?

Have sent you a PM

goldenguernsey
15-Oct-07, 01:40
How much are you looking for a female puppy?

Have sent you a PM

duncan1969
15-Oct-07, 17:14
pm me with how much

goldenguernsey
31-Oct-07, 03:43
Our puppies are starting to leave us, it's so sad seeing them go but nice to know they're going to good homes. I'm amazed at some of the distances people are travelling, a couple from south of Lancashire are coming on Saturday for a little girl, the chap has had a hip replacement and is doing a lot of walking now.They had 2 labradors previously who died of old age and they weren't going to get another dog but for company for him with his walking they want a labradoodle now as it won't shed hairs, suppose that's the beauty of 2nd generation X poodle, I'll still be sad to see her go though.

dragonfly
31-Oct-07, 15:31
goldenguernsey, don't want to pour cold water on your thread but labradoodles DO shed........even 2nd/3rd/4th generation ones (mine casts more than my labrador does and his is a multigen!)

Reason I am raising it here is because a lot of doodles are sold as non-shedding to families with allergies and then when they get them home and attached to them find out that they do cast. Many doodles are now finding themselves up for rehoming because of family allergies :(

just want to point out that not all labradoodles are nonshedding

goldenguernsey
31-Oct-07, 16:34
That's sad about so many up for rehoming dragonfly, especially when they were purpose bred originally for people with allergies. Is yours multi generation bred back to a poodle each time? It must be extremely curly if it is, only asking as sometimes people have mated labradoole 1st gen to labradoodle 1st gen and say it's a 2nd generation puppy, or 3rd or 4th depending how far on they are. My understanding of 2nd generation X poodle is to increase the poodles non shedding quality in the mix. Of course nothing in life is absolutely guaranteed and a totally allergy free dog would maybe have to be a hairless one?

dragonfly
31-Oct-07, 19:42
no his line has not been bred back to poodles each time but his father is an F5, mother F1 so he has a very wavy coat and is more lab in his build and looks than poodle like and you are right, the more poodle the less likely they are to shed

The whole generation thing is really confusing as different breeders have different opinions on what generation the puppies are. My understanding is that its one on from the lowest F parent so with my dog even though his dad is an F5 he is an F2 as his mother was F1 but have also been told that he is multigen because his dad is F5 and your puppies would be F1B as they have been bred back to a poodle?!?

labradoodles are fabulous dogs and I have no hesitation in recommending them as family pets, they are intelligent, gentle and have great characters as I'm sure the new owners of your puppies will find out :D I'm dying for another one myself and have had to stop myself from coming to see yours as I would have probably come away with one!! Ours is going to get his healthchecks/hipscores soon so maybe one day I'll be able to get one of his puppies, he's certainly got a lot of admirers and have had a few enquiries about him being a stud :Razz

goldenguernsey
31-Oct-07, 20:18
Ah, that would explain the shedding then, it must be confusing for people buying a doodle with all this 2nd generation/multi generation crack but when mated back to a poodle you do get the proper curly coat. You're right about them being great pets and very intelligent, the mother of our puppies, Bronwyn is an excellent mother and so gentle, she is also a very happy dog always pleased to go for a walk or play with you and loves to watch TV with my Jackadoodle, the Dog Whisperer with Cesar Milan is their favourite.
The Jackadoodle "Polly" is a 1yr old Jack Russel/miniature poodle cross and a pure babe, we got her earlier this year and she doesn't seem to shed either, I better go now else I could rattle on about my dogs all night

goldenguernsey
31-Oct-07, 20:26
Hope I've done it right

dragonfly
31-Oct-07, 20:38
wow! they are so curly!! beautiful. I've met up with Brandy and Bubbles but think we ought to try and organise a Caithness Labradoodle meeting as there are quite a few in the county now and they vary so much!

here's my guy

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2390/1654968053_ae03cf454b.jpg

goldenguernsey
31-Oct-07, 21:53
He's Gorgeous, no wonder you've had stud enquiries. If he was mated to an apricot poodle can you imagine what beautiful pups you'd get?
He's stunning!