PDA

View Full Version : traffic lights in george street

sweep
04-Oct-07, 12:10
traffic lights in george street since weeks, they seem to be rebuilding the wall next to nethercot house but are taking AGES . they seem no further on now than they were weeks ago, i hope its not the council (ie. us ) who are footing the bill.:mad:

johno
04-Oct-07, 13:12
think they have to put the base in with concrete then some layers of concrete blocks then rebuild the wall with the existing stone, reckon thats what ll be taking the time. the lights are pretty fast though, i used to go through them a couple of times a day but now when i remember i just go henrietta st - green road. :cool:

northener
04-Oct-07, 14:11
Good bonus is that they are intelligent lights and will automatically switch in your favour if there's nothing coming the other way, haven't really had much of a delay there - apart from when they got stuck on red last week:)

katarina
04-Oct-07, 18:23
Must have a spite against George street. This is the fourth lot of lights this year. Not good for peeps who live there!

TRUCKER
05-Oct-07, 05:27
It is the house holder that is paying for it.

ashaw1
06-Oct-07, 09:20
Those lights seem to have been there for ages but i must admit they are fairly quick. It's the ones down the other end near the roundabout that have caused the most trouble, luckily they are away now. Mixed in with the terrible parking in Bridge St the whole area was a total nightmare for a while.

johno
07-Oct-07, 11:52
Those lights seem to have been there for ages but i must admit they are fairly quick. It's the ones down the other end near the roundabout that have caused the most trouble, luckily they are away now. Mixed in with the terrible parking in Bridge St the whole area was a total nightmare for a while.
aye , wi the church goers on Sunday , how r they gony work out their strategy now. from the church all the way down to the other traffic lights.
the car parks are,nt for the religious apparently.

northener
07-Oct-07, 15:22
aye , wi the church goers on Sunday , how r they gony work out their strategy now. from the church all the way down to the other traffic lights.
the car parks are,nt for the religious apparently.

Well, it's a sign of the times. These days, when people feel moved to become closer to God, they have to do it in their cars.....

johno
07-Oct-07, 16:14
guess they think on the lines of will get there closer/faster by car.?[lol]