PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning whilst under the influence???

Lolabelle
04-Oct-07, 08:51
Have decided to start a thread about housework.
There are some who like to imbide whilst cleaning, so here is a place to discuss this very important and vital topic. :p
Do you? or Dont you?
I don't, but the way I clean, I may as well be drinking. LOL. :eek:

canuck
04-Oct-07, 09:07
My aversion to vacuuming is well known to orgers so it is no surprise that it takes me several cups of encouragement to get through the task. And none of this instant stuff either, real brewed coffee for me!

nikki
04-Oct-07, 09:11
Usually when I'm cleaning I have to have a certain type of music blaring in the background. And when I've got the music going and if I'm in the right mood for it I can clean for hours without noticing.

Thumper
04-Oct-07, 09:15
How lovely Lola.....I myself to not partake whislt cleaning/ironing but only because I find that the housework interfere's with my consumption lol!One of my friends always has a bottle of wine while ironing but I reckon if I tried that the ironing just wouldn't get done or even worse the ironing would be full of iron shaped burns :eek: so i do the ironing and then have a glass or 6 of wine :) I also try never to go on the org whilst partaking in the old go-go juice as I may not be able to tpye proerpely lol! x

golach
04-Oct-07, 09:20
I do not drink when doing my household chores, but I do enjoy a little libation when the ironing is been done, because it is Mrs G that does the ironing [lol]

Lolabelle
04-Oct-07, 09:32
My aversion to vacuuming is well known to orgers so it is no surprise that it takes me several cups of encouragement to get through the task. And none of this instant stuff either, real brewed coffee for me!

Absolutely has to be real brew Canuck, in fact, it's time to start dinner, so will start a pot now.

Angela
04-Oct-07, 09:36
Always music for me to get me through the household chores.:D
Although I only iron once in a blue moon...:roll:

mccaugm
04-Oct-07, 09:55
My major cleaning stint is on a Wednesday when my son is in playgroup, I run around, hoovering, dusting, mopping, washing dishes, doing the ironing etc...for about 1 - 2 hours...then pick the little man up and relax with a large...cup of tea. I iron almost every evening for an hour...its actually relaxing especially when the telly is good! Oh and when one of my teenagers makes me a cup of tea. (Boys are you reading this?)

helenwyler
04-Oct-07, 09:58
I can't do ANYTHING properly if I even sniff alcohol:eek:!!

I'd be ironing the dishes and sweeping the toilet if I did[lol]....so it's strictly teetotal cleaning for me...such a lightweight!!

So I make-do with Radio 4 or music with a bit of 'gusto' to propel me through the chores!

laguna2
04-Oct-07, 12:35
I do not drink when doing my household chores, but I do enjoy a little libation when the ironing is been done, because it is Mrs G that does the ironing

:lol:let's hope that Mrs G doesn't see that comment golach - or you could be for the high jump! :lol:

Margaret M.
04-Oct-07, 14:53
I iron almost every evening for an hour...its actually relaxing especially when the telly is good! Oh and when one of my teenagers makes me a cup of tea. (Boys are you reading this?)

Wow, that's a lot of ironing but like you I find it relaxing. There was a time when I avoided ironing like the plague but now I enjoy it and love a nice crease in everything. I'm a lightweight in the drinking department so it's just several good cups of tea that gets me through the cleaning.

trix
04-Oct-07, 17:08
i lek a dram when am ironin, cleanin, cookin, on e fone, doin ma dishes, in e bath...e list goes on...

i even lek a dram when am doin ma course work....da tell ma boss at tho :eek:
ye never know, maybe she leks a dram when she's goin over it!!

all iss speakin o drams...am feelin kwite thirsty....:D

singysmum
04-Oct-07, 17:26
Just decided to have a quick look on the org as i have managed half of the pile of ironing that is waiting to be done! No alcohol for me as I don't do it - sadly I never found anything intoxicating that tasted good enough to have another go , so decided not to bother. Must say my engine runs on coffee though so every time the steam iron gets a top-up, so do I!!. :Razz
Did i read something about housework earlier on in this thread - what is this that you are talking about, thought only royalty had their houses cleaned. ah well, maybe that's why we never have visitors!! He He.:lol:

mccaugm
05-Oct-07, 15:03
let's hope that Mrs G doesn't see that comment golach - or you could be for the high jump! :lol:

More than likely you may be actively encouraged to desist from the libation and persuaded to do the ironing....[lol] (whilst Mrs G gets the libation)

floyed
06-Oct-07, 10:25
I like to watch the telly when im ironing, and a bit o music when im doing either housework. I can't say i hev had a dram when doing it, maybe a wee cup o green tea but at's me tant:lol: