PDA

View Full Version : Numpty !

anneoctober
03-Oct-07, 22:00
Well, here's goes for a hefty fine for Celtic, thanks to the eejit that ran onto the pitch and touched the Milan goalie. :mad: What were the polis and "Rock Steady" security guys doing? How can a supporter act like this and shame his team and country? Well done to the bhoys and shame on the numpty ! [disgust]

Metalattakk
03-Oct-07, 22:18
Indeed. A fine victory for both Celtic and Scottish football, ruined by the actions of one idiot.

A couple of seasons ago, Dida was hit by a flare thrown by the Inter Milan fans in a CL game. UEFA awarded the game to Milan 3-0, and forced Inter to play 3 games behind closed doors.

A similar outcome wouldn't be beyond the stretch of the imagination this time for Celtic.

telfordstar
04-Oct-07, 12:57
I myself am a rangers fan but did watch the celtic game last night it was a great result as was said for celtic and scottish football but what on earth made that supporter do what he did. He must of known that it was a very stupid thing to do. With all fair dues celebrate like mad in your seat when your team score but going onto the pitch was a bit extreme goodness knows what thas fan would of done if it was the final that was being played. So much for the security staff as well

ber219
04-Oct-07, 14:17
I guess that Celtic will be punished somehow but may I add that Dida should be punished in someway too for playacting. What he ended up doing was nothing short of a disgrace.

The Pepsi Challenge
04-Oct-07, 14:33
It'll take a couple of weeks before any ruling is made: Celtic hit with a hefty fine and told to up their security. Dida will probably be fined, too, and disciplined by his own club, albeit behind closed doors. As for the radge who ran onto the pitch, he turned himself in to Celtic this morning, and deserves to be banned for life. Anyone who thinks drinking should be re-introduced to football should look at him as a good example for not doing so. On a less serious note, I wonder what kind of martial art they're teaching Neds in Glasgow now. Some kind of one-touch death strike? I reckon it was the guy's bad breath that decked Dida. In fact, the guy was supposed to have tapped Dida on the shoulder as if to say "unlucky" after spilling the ball into McDonald's path. When David Tanner interviewed Dida today he asked: "Are you still in pain?" to which the goalkeeper replied, "Sorry, I don't speak English."

Cracking game.

The Pepsi Challenge
04-Oct-07, 14:46
From SSN

THE individual who entered the field of play at last night’s match against AC Milan has made himself known to Celtic Football Club and will now be banned for life from attending Celtic matches.

After approaching the Club to identify himself, the 27-year-old male, who is not a Celtic season book holder, has today been interviewed by Club representatives. Following this interview, the individual has been taken into custody by Strathclyde Police. The Police will now continue their enquiries into this incident.

Celtic’s Chief Executive, Peter Lawwell commented: "Clearly, Celtic take this issue extremely seriously and it is satisfying that this individual has been identified so swiftly. The individual in question has now been banned for life from attending Celtic matches, both home and away.

"Outwith this incident, the Celtic support last night was phenomenal and I would like to thank our fans once again for their wonderful backing. Our fans have a tremendous record of positive support for the Club at home and abroad, something which has been recognised by both UEFA and FIFA and we are sure this will continue.

"It should also be said that Gordon and his team deserve enormous praise for achieving one of the most famous results in the Club's history, against the current Champions of Europe.

"Celtic Football Club enjoys a fantastic relationship with AC Milan and we are sure this will continue."

Jeemag_USA
05-Oct-07, 00:53
Ah ha ha Anne, just dawned on me who you are now :Razz

Yes I think Celtic will be fined heavily for their security lapse, a monent of much noise and much distracticon, but they are there to do a job and they need to do it. Having now seen all the highlights and replays though, I don't think it will be anything other than a fine, there will be no points deduction or closed door matches, the incident was trivial but potentially dangerous. Dida should be ashamed of himself and the club shoudl be ashamed of him too, he milked the situation for all it was worth and his intention was to get Celtic in trouble, I can only imagine the situation he was in when he was attacked in a CL game against Inter before was going through his mind, and he wanted Celtic to be punished so he acted like a girl, he was not hit, he was tapped and he left the feild clutching an icepack to his face, an absolute disgrace and I hope UEFA punishes him too.

Great result though, we couldn't score against them last year but we did this time :Razz

The individual concerned shoudl be banned from all football grounds in Scotland, not just Celtic Park, this woudl make a good example to the neds who think its a good idea at the time.

scorrie
05-Oct-07, 14:14
I wonder what kind of martial art they're teaching Neds in Glasgow now. Some kind of one-touch death strike?

I have a theory on this. At first glance it looks like the eejit is playfully stroking Dida's chin in a "cheer up chappie" kind of way. What was not known at the time is that cullie boy is a keen Star Trek fan and the grasp of the jaw was a Glesga version of the Vulcan Nerve Pinch, made famous by Mr Spock.

Metalattakk
05-Oct-07, 14:39
Looking at it all again, there does seem to be a distinct delayed reaction from the time he was brutally assaulted, and the time the pain forced him to collapse on the ground.

This is a picture of Dida in his hospital ward yesterday.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z55/Metalattakk/9kca38.jpg

My thoughts are with his family.

scorrie
05-Oct-07, 21:06
Looking at it all again, there does seem to be a distinct delayed reaction from the time he was brutally assaulted, and the time the pain forced him to collapse on the ground.

This is a picture of Dida in his hospital ward yesterday.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z55/Metalattakk/9kca38.jpg

My thoughts are with his family.

And all because the Lady loved Milk Tray!!

Nice one Metalattakk!!

Tubthumper
05-Oct-07, 22:08
On a less serious note, I wonder what kind of martial art they're teaching Neds in Glasgow now. Some kind of one-touch death strike? I reckon it was the guy's bad breath that decked Dida.
Brilliant!

laguna2
05-Oct-07, 23:29
Well, here's goes for a hefty fine for Celtic, thanks to the eejit that ran onto the pitch and touched the Milan goalie. :mad: What were the polis and "Rock Steady" security guys doing? How can a supporter act like this and shame his team and country? Well done to the bhoys and shame on the numpty ! [disgust]

Sorry to take this off topic - but I just love that word EEJIT - it is so descriptive!!!! A wonderful word!!! And, anneoctober, he was a complete eejit!!

dunderheed
06-Oct-07, 12:54
for far too long has the term "greatest fans in the world " been associated with celtic. for the last 3 out of 4 seasons they have caused thousands of pounds worth of damage to seating at kilmarnocks rugby park on the winning/losing of league titles. although i was happy for celtic to have recorded such a good win against the reigning european champions , i hope that they get a punishment that suits the crime (large fine and closed door matches ) remember this isn't the first time that they have had trouble at a home european match (rapide vienna 1984).

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Oct-07, 14:22
for far too long has the term "greatest fans in the world " been associated with celtic. for the last 3 out of 4 seasons they have caused thousands of pounds worth of damage to seating at kilmarnocks rugby park on the winning/losing of league titles. although i was happy for celtic to have recorded such a good win against the reigning european champions , i hope that they get a punishment that suits the crime (large fine and closed door matches ) remember this isn't the first time that they have had trouble at a home european match (rapide vienna 1984).

Is it fishing season already? Better get your permit, lad, or Lord Thurso will be in about you harder than a Terry Hurlock tackle. This has been a fantastic spell for Scotland and Scottish teams of late: Rangers have beaten the French champions, Celtic have beaten the European Champions League holders, and Aberdeen have beaten a quality side from the Ukraine. Our national team also beat France - previous World Cup and European Cup winners themselves. I wouldn't say it's brought about peace and free love between all supporters, but they're a new respect building between us all. As a Celtic supporter am delighted for Rangers and Aberdeen. Don't be a radge and put a fly in the ointment, eh? Your name just about says it all.

anneoctober
06-Oct-07, 16:20
Is it fishing season already? Better get your permit, lad, or Lord Thurso will be in about you harder than a Terry Hurlock tackle. This has been a fantastic spell for Scotland and Scottish teams of late: Rangers have beaten the French champions, Celtic have beaten the European Champions League holders, and Aberdeen have beaten a quality side from the Ukraine. Our national team also beat France - previous World Cup and European Cup winners themselves. I wouldn't say it's brought about peace and free love between all supporters, but they're a new respect building between us all. As a Celtic supporter am delighted for Rangers and Aberdeen. Don't be a radge and put a fly in the ointment, eh? Your name just about says it all.
As my son would say ( for entirely different reasons !)"lets not bring up the past"! I agree with pepsi 100% and every club has it's share of hooligans. We have to set an example and not get side tracked, it's important that football remains a family game and that all ages colours and creeds can enjoy the spectacle in harmony. The eejit that ran onto the pitch, did have the belated good sense to own up and is now to be banned from all Celtic matches. Thus sending out a clear message as to the Club's attitude towards such behaviour. Despite my allegiance to the Bhoys , I have always maintained that Tynecastle have the best pies. [lol]

dunderheed
06-Oct-07, 16:22
back into the past?? nakkamurras goal caused 1800 seats in the chadwick stand to be broken by in the words of celtic fc overexuberant celebrating fans . its not ancient history it was only a few months ago!!

dunderheed
06-Oct-07, 16:25
oh and it has cost your club dearly as they have accepted responsibility each year and paid for the damage

dunderheed
06-Oct-07, 16:27
pies at tynie ????? och no say aye to a killie pie!!!!

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Oct-07, 17:13
A bitter, bitter man.