PDA

View Full Version : Eye discharge

cuddlepop
03-Oct-07, 11:47
Our youngest dog has a problem with one of her eyes it appears at times to be quite weepy.
Have been told by the vet to try bathing it in tea before we go down the antibiotics route
Have I just got an "alternative" vet or has anyone else tried this:confused

evelyn
03-Oct-07, 12:00
I used the 'tea' method with an old cat we had many years ago and it was very effective. Its worth a try.
evelyn

pirateeye
03-Oct-07, 12:21
warm salt water has never failed me. it cleared up and eye of one of my rabbits. try it. it's fantasic.
i have used it on many occasions for scratches that have gotten infected and conjunctavitis.

cuddlepop
03-Oct-07, 13:06
tried the salt trick worked for a wee while and then it came back.

How often and for how long would you try these methods?:)

pirateeye
03-Oct-07, 13:32
hmm, maybe just try it all the time. keep using it (salt) three or four times a day until it's gone, maybe a bit after aswell, won't do it any harm. i don't know about tea though
might just need that push with the antibiotics. one time antibiotics didn't heal one of my rabbits, it was the regular bathing in salt water that did it. but i guess each anymal is different.
hope it heals soon though, poor thing, won't be very nice

corgiman
03-Oct-07, 13:32
salt water and tea both work a treat

corgiman
03-Oct-07, 13:37
i would do 3 times a day. I normally use a slightly damp used teabag and just keep going for a week and see what happens.

cuddlepop
03-Oct-07, 14:58
Thanks for your reply's
Will give the tea a try for a week and then see if its cleared.
Maybe I stopped too quickly the last time.

pirateeye
03-Oct-07, 16:54
i would keep using it til' it clears unless it does take a long time then i think the vet should take another look as itmay need the antib's then
hope the tea works though

Liz
03-Oct-07, 18:22
I find that Colloidal Silver works a treat for eye problems as it is a natural antibiotic.
I always have some to hand as it is so good for all kinds of things from skin problems, infections to eye problems.
It is good to put some in their food or drinking water as well.

cuddlepop
03-Oct-07, 19:48
I find that Colloidal Silver works a treat for eye problems as it is a natural antibiotic.
I always have some to hand as it is so good for all kinds of things from skin problems, infections to eye problems.
It is good to put some in their food or drinking water as well.
Thanks for the tip Liz,will get some ASAP:)