PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

Lolabelle
02-Oct-07, 21:55
Why did you pick the one you picked??

I have a little book called Furry Logic, and swiped my signature and avatar from there, cause they both suited my mood at the time. But, a change is in the air. Will wait till inspiration strikes.... :eek:

WeeBurd
02-Oct-07, 22:19
I think mine is quite self explanitory :lol:.

Victoria
02-Oct-07, 22:22
Mine is a picture of my big baby and my signature is the Budhist mantra of compassion.

Tubthumper
02-Oct-07, 22:34
Mine harks back to a period in my life that was creative, educational and VERY entertaining. Unfortunately I don't remember much about it.
Perhaps it's a story I'll reveal at a later date. Or maybe someone who knows me will blow the whistle.
By the way the original is worth a lot on e-bay!

young_fishin_neep
02-Oct-07, 22:35
well my picture is off thurso with a pink moon that i took, n my signature is my name

kaz xxxx

helenwyler
02-Oct-07, 22:59
When I first saw 'Mary Poppins' (as a child) I nearly laughed myself sick at Bert's penguin dance, and have loved penguins ever since!

I chose this avatar because at the moment I am a mum with daughters learning to 'fly' solo:eek:, and it's just so cute anyway....

....but my resemblence to penguins stops there[lol]!!

Liz
02-Oct-07, 23:07
Mine is my darling dog Benjy.:D

TRUCKER
03-Oct-07, 06:13
Mines is a picture of me as a simpson. i look better that way lol.

Ricco
03-Oct-07, 07:46
I also made mine using the Simpson site 'cos I thought it looked humerous. When I have time I'll make a few modifications. ;)

grumpyhippo
03-Oct-07, 08:11
I posed for mine.

laguna2
03-Oct-07, 08:14
I like tigers so ........... :lol:

northener
03-Oct-07, 09:27
Mine's DP Gumby from Monty Pythons Flying Circus.

The animated version was created by Terry Gilliam. I chose Gumby because the Gumbies broke things deliberately, shouted all the time and were incredibly stupid.

Sound familiar?

cuddlepop
03-Oct-07, 11:35
I love dreamcatchers and anything native American.:)
Turquoise is my favourite colour

Angela
03-Oct-07, 11:49
Mine goes with my name....and was very kindly found for me by another Orger. :)

But I'm beginning to find being an angel all the time is a wee bit wearing, so it could be time for a change.

All suggestions welcome (I think....)...on a postcard please! ;)

nanoo
03-Oct-07, 12:25
I have six cats and when i'm on the org (which is every day) i play the games on the jokes and games thread. Every time i go into the supermarket sweep game i always buy booze (if i can) just for a laugh. Anyway, when i came across this Avatar, it just seemed perfect for the job, so for now this is it. [lol]:lol:

Thumper
03-Oct-07, 13:23
Mine just goes with my name , I nearly used an avatar that had a woman dressed as a bunnygirl but I thought I might get hauled up for "causing an illusion" lol as she had a much better figure than mine :eek: maybe one day i will pose for my own avatar....that would stop me posting a lot :eek:

rs 2k
03-Oct-07, 13:27
Mine is my twin granddaughters the day they were born, i just wanted to use them

I would love to upgrade it, but they r 7months now and i wouldn't fit them both in :lol:

NLP
03-Oct-07, 15:31
I never grew up I still love tweety pie

johno
03-Oct-07, 15:39
Mine is basically me as the devil in me is never very far away. so im told anyway.:evil

mccaugm
03-Oct-07, 15:54
Mine is because I developed a girly crush on one Mr Daniel Craig after watching the latest Bond movie. I swore that a blonde Bond would not work but I was wrong....:lol:

wifie
03-Oct-07, 15:56
I love old black and white films and Bette Davis is one of my favourites and she is a wifie!

JimH
03-Oct-07, 16:16
Mine is the old coat of arms of the city of my birth, which in those days was the City of Liverpool in Lancashire.

canuck
03-Oct-07, 18:05
I am a great fan of all things Celtic (no not the green and white hoops guys) and was thrilled to find a knot in caithness.org colours. After I posted it, one of our illustrious org types added the orger bit in gold. Then he presented me with a printed copy of it when I was in Thurso last year. Thanks again fellow Canadian.

My signature was the creation of another orger (alas, now away from our friendly circle). I have kept it in defense of some of the things Ricco and Tristan produce in celebration of our red and white heritage.

karia
03-Oct-07, 18:43
I am told that I look like my Avatar!

But I think I am a lot taller!:lol::lol:

..and I smile more!

karia

anneoctober
03-Oct-07, 19:54
Autumn Whisperling : Because I love Autumn and was born in October, falling leaves with all the gorgeous golds, tans & orange colours. Crisp frosty mornings with the sun warming the earth, little birdies singing , Robin redbreast with his beady little black eyes waiting impatiently for his morning toast crumbs But MOST importantly THIS - is how ALL Orgers will see me in my next life......;)[lol]xx

canuck
03-Oct-07, 20:11

But I think I am a lot taller!:lol::lol:

..and I smile more!

karia

I have sometimes wondered if you and crayola attend the same hair stylist. She lives over your way.

kitty
03-Oct-07, 20:12
Just cause it's a kitten :D

northener
03-Oct-07, 21:07

But I think I am a lot taller!

..and I smile more!

karia

In that case Karia, I will PM my offer of marraige to you immediately.;)

Welcomefamily
03-Oct-07, 21:14
Its hard getting an animated gif smaller than the 80 x 80 size, I could only find a couple.

Lolabelle
03-Oct-07, 21:14

But I think I am a lot taller!:lol:

..and I smile more!

karia

Me too, look like my avatar, I mean! [lol]

karia
03-Oct-07, 22:09
In that case Karia, I will PM my offer of marraige to you immediately.;)

and it would recieve serious consideration but for the lovely Mr Karia who is everything an avatar could wish..and then some!

But ..thank you kind sir!;)

Kxx

karia
03-Oct-07, 22:17
I have sometimes wondered if you and crayola attend the same hair stylist. She lives over your way.

Hi canuck,

Indeed she does............Give or take a big City!:eek:

I don't think we share a stylist though..I have 'done' my own hair for the last decade or so...and I have never dealt with a pale blue rinse yet!

I am much too provincial !;)

kariaxx

Bobinovich
03-Oct-07, 22:28
Its hard getting an animated gif smaller than the 80 x 80 size, I could only find a couple.

Don't worry if you find one which is over 80 x 80 - just use this (http://www.gifworks.com/image_editor.html) online GIF editor to resize it. So long as you get something quite clear then it should resize OK.

grumpyhippo
03-Oct-07, 22:50
But I'm beginning to find being an angel all the time is a wee bit wearing, so it could be time for a change.

All suggestions welcome

Is it not time we saw the devil in you!!!!!!

anneoctober
03-Oct-07, 23:16
Is it not time we saw the devil in you!!!!!!
Heck, NO angela, don't do it! We've enough to contend wi Johno :lol:
There's nothing wrong in being type cast..... ha ha. Perhaps a new frock is what you need?? [lol]

Tubthumper
03-Oct-07, 23:36
I've got a new one. Cos I'm mental

Welcomefamily
04-Oct-07, 10:06
Don't worry if you find one which is over 80 x 80 - just use this (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.gifworks.com/image_editor.html) online GIF editor to resize it. So long as you get something quite clear then it should resize OK.

Many thanks it opens a whole new world.:lol:[evil]

Anne x
07-Oct-07, 09:59
Mine is simply me battling with the PC and Keyboard with a steaming hot mug of black coffee :confused

laguna2
07-Oct-07, 10:01
Me too, look like my avatar, I mean! [lol]

lol Lolabelle :lol: